Street Fighter X Tekken

Shadoken

Here's a cleaner vid

Personally, I don't see it work for SF going to Tekken but the other way around has infinite possibilities. Why even give Tekken characters dodge when you can afford to give them counter power moves that absorb fireballs and do damage close range. If you take a look at that vid, Ryu gets owned the minute you get close to him because the move set is very strong and quick on the Tekken side. I think its a good experiment and the consumer is the one that ends up benefiting the most in the end. I didn't like the tag option very much but if its in there it will just add a different dimension to the game.

They may even go back and rework the entire engine and game mechanics to work around something totally different for both games and that might work for them better than trying to import characters onto both engines individually.

Street Fighter X Tekken “Two Years Away”

Were you a-hootin’ and a-hollerin’ like the crowd at Comic-con at that footage of Ryu getting kicked into the sun by Tekken’s Kazama? Are you putting your thumbs through rigorous quarter and half-circle digit-gymnastics in preparation of not just Street Fighter X Tekken but its fellow cross-over mash-up Tekken X Street Fighter? Stand down hadoken-junkie, the games are years away.

Development literally only started a couple of months ago, with a tentative release date of both games sometime in 2012. Capcom do intend, however, to have their version released before the Namco Tekken-centric flavour.

Further details have appeared about the games over at Andriasang. Reporting on a Famitsu.com story, apparently the project is only possible due to the friendship between Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono and Capcom CEO Haruhiro Tsujimoto. Ono took the idea to the studio head and they then went straight to the heads of Namco. Since then, there have been no stumbling blocks getting the game(s) green-lit.

It was also stressed how the games are being developed completely separately. There is no sharing of designs or information between the teams. In fact, Ono joked that each game could make the other’s female protagonists naked and the other company wouldn’t even know until the end of development. There’s also a great deal of competition between the two teams, Ono confirming that they’ll be keeping a close eye on sales and scores to see whose version is deemed superior.

Here’s the announcement trailer in case you’ve missed it.

source

The target release date is two years from now. Ono expects the time frame for another major announcement to be next year's Captivate, which is held in April.

• The reason for such an early announcement at Comic-Con was because Capcom wanted to do something for the fans.

• Development on the two sides is being handled completely separate. They will not be sharing information between the teams. Capcom will be doing their own designs for the Namco characters, and Namco will handle designs for the Capcom fighters. They're also working separately on the gameplay for both titles.

• Yoshinori Ono said they're thinking about making the game 2 vs. 2.

• It will be a 6 button input system, like the Street Fighter games, however Ono mentioned that he'd like to add something that he referred to as an "assist" feature. He said the iPhone version of Street Fighter 4 has something of an answer here — a feature that lets players feel that they were able to do tough moves.

• Development on the game began just one or two months ago, but Ono thinks that Capcom's version will probably come out first.

• They're considering putting in the early generation characters from each franchise.

• Both sides are looking at these games as a competition and not a collaboration, as they want to challenge each other in all areas, from sales to game play.

2 years lol?......I dont think they are gonna take two years if they are just recycling old stuff, so i guess this might turn out pretty good.... I hope namco handles this well too....the street fighter characters have alot of potential if done right...

I think they are going to milk the cow that is the SF4 engine till it so dry nothing more can be done with it .... then they will release the first game and even if you are reworking an engine for new characters, tweaking does take time plus the obligatory look-over to ensure everything is working as expected.

A few new screen shots? http://www.justpushstart.com/2010/07/28/capcom-releases-new-street-fighter-x-tekken-screenshots/

Looks like kazuya's f, N, f which can be effective for dashing and avoiding those Hadokens and other Projectile moves. I thought i saw it in the gameplay video, but not too sure anymore. Can anyone confirm?

one question how is the net code for the SF4 and SSF4 ?? is it good or does u guys face input lags with that game??

i just want the net code to be proper so that we can enjoy it online. In T6 sometimes i face so much input lagg that i just give up in between the fight

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm well... they do look alike but thats a given since this is the first time ryu has been given a realistic look ( *cough*except street fighter the movie *cough*)....heck i bet many street fighter characters are gonna end up looking like some of the tekken characters... E.Honda might look just like Ganryu...

but in SFXTekken they have their work a little easier since they can just base their character models of the Anime Style pictures of the tekken characters..

Interview with Ono and Harada http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1114544p1.html

Ono : Very fortunately for us, because Tekken characters are basically a rip of Street Fighter characters, it's really, really easy. We just basically have to bring them in and they fit as if they were meant to be there."

LOL

Harada :Tekken has gone off on its own path and turned into a unique franchise, and as a result the gameplay's quite different." One point of interest amongst Tekken fans is how exactly something like a fireball from a Street Fighter characters is going to work within the Tekken fighting framework. "I think it's safe to say, at least for the fireballs, that they'll be in our game," said Harada. "If there's no fireball then it's no Ryu and it's not Street Fighter."

:clapping:

• 1 month later...

I recently saw the Ryu vs. Kazuya video at IGN and there seems to be nothing new in there save for the Tag mode and unless it has been made tricky someway, I would say that this would be more like extending the SFIV experience, there is a couple of things worth noting though, Kazuya easily dashes below Ryu's fireball as well as the tatsu but Ryu did (could ?) not dash below Kazuya's similar kick, moreover Kazuya juggled of the wall (?) after Ryu's standing Heavy/Medium (?) kick.

^^ nope ... ono said he made that video just to show fans that the game is actually in the making... He already said the gameplay is gonna be different without focus attacks and sh*t... am guessing they just reused the sf4 character models for the show... the final version will look very different from what we saw... its coming only in 2012 and thats far away...

Archived