Letter from customs while importing games

So, I ended up ordering TR collectors edition and Splinter cell Blacklist 5th freedom edition from Zavvi and clubbed these together to ensure I have to pay shipping only once.

Ordered these on 27th of Feb, today I have received a letter from customs at my home requesting me to send over documents like Invoice, Payment proof etc.

IMG_20150317_183057_1426597364546.jpg

My question is has anyone of you faced this earlier? If so what is the procedure to move it forward.

The parcel was shipped via http://www.postnl.post/tracktrace from Amsterdam, Netherlands; when and how will I be able to get this package; how do I pay the excise duty; can I save my trip to the airport?

What would be the percentage amount which will be charged by customs.

Also where do video games fall? I mean under which CTH.

Weight: 3.21 kg
Splinter Cell Blacklist: 5th Freedom Edition - $33.88
Tomb Raider Deluxe Collector's Edition - $50.85
Plus 26 USD for shipping.
Discount: 9.41 USD
Total paid: $110.72

Thanks in advance

You'll have to send them invoice N item description so that they can assess N charge customs accordingly.... happened with my shipment too.

Thanks for the response bhai :)

Did you respond by email or sent them a snail mail?

Also how do we make the payment for customs later on; do we have to go in person or snail mail the DD?

Lastly will they despatch the shipment from there on OR will we have to collect it in person?

Updating the main post with the image of the letter I received

EDIT:

Have sent an email to cuspadbg25 AT Gmail DOT com with the invoice PDF, Bank statement for that day and product links pointing to Zavvi.com

Kindly confirm if I need to write to them as well.

Have sent an email to cuspadbg25 AT Gmail DOT com with the invoice PDF, Bank statement for that day and product links pointing to Zavvi.com

Kindly confirm if I need to write to them as well.

Hi,

I would appreciate it if you can keep me posted on your progress, aka was that e-mail sufficient for them? or did you have to SpeedPost them just like what blitzkreiig said.

I have a couple of packages coming in from different countries, namely Singapore (dx.com) and Italy (Ebay), and one of them just went into "Mumbai Foreign Post Office" for customs.

Here's what the tracking shows...

INDIA, MUMBAI AIR, Send item to customs (Inb), Air, MUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE

I might have to do the same.

Thanx again :)

I called them up n sent the required details via speed post. They'll send your parcel through the local post office.

Great, I will send over the details via Reg/Speed post in the first half today then, just to be on the safer side.

Hi,

I would appreciate it if you can keep me posted on your progress, aka was that e-mail sufficient for them? or did you have to SpeedPost them just like what blitzkreiig said.

I have a couple of packages coming in from different countries, namely Singapore (dx.com) and Italy (Ebay), and one of them just went into "Mumbai Foreign Post Office" for customs.

Here's what the tracking shows...

I might have to do the same.

Thanx again :)

Well they have given me 10 days to respond from the day the letter was signed (11/03) having said that I will send them the invoice, bank statement and product catalogue printouts via speed/reg post today itself to be on the safer side.

Mailed the following via Speed post to the address mentioned on call memo:

1. signed copy of the email I had sent
  2. Xerox copy of call memo
  3. Printed invoice copy from zavvi (as received in my email)
  4. Bank statement showing payment made to zavvi
  5. Catalogue print out of the two products as listed on zavvi

Waiting to hear from the customs folks once they receive this.

I called them up n sent the required details via speed post. They'll send your parcel through the local post office.

Buddy I haven't received any updates from the customs eventhough the speedpost was received on 19th March 2015; I am unable to reach them on the number mentioned in the memo (it just says service is unavailable at the moment).

I will be traveling out of town from 28/03 and will only be back on 7/04; what should be my best course of action to ensure that the package does not get sent back to zavvi?

Got a call from the postman informing that I have to pay 2120 as customs.

He delivered the package to my parents and they paid him the amount.

I will be reaching home very late tonight; hope the items are intact :censored:

Needless to say I received a lecture from my parents over the phone. :lol:

Archived