Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

People who are complaining about Pacific rim are the kind that purposefully seek ways to not have fun :loser:

There is a proper distinction between movies like pacific rim and transformers. Identify that nitwits.

@gaurav.

lets just say that jets would have used up crucial resources that they would have needed for the robots.

Agreed about the wall :lol: I honestly fail to see the working of one. Not only can the kaijus climb, they can also swim underwater.

What were they planning to do, build a wall going as far as the pacific sea floor :rofl:

Politicians..

In case my post wasn't clear, I expect those plot holes / common-sense-fails to happen and DO NOT CARE (made that sufficiently clear in my post). I enjoyed the movie and would gladly sit through it a few more times for the robot-on-Kaiju badassery.

Edited by Solitaire

In case my post wasn't clear, I expect those plot holes / common-sense-fails to happen and DO NOT CARE (made that sufficiently clear in my post). I enjoyed the movie and would gladly sit through it a few more times for the robot-on-Kaiju badassery.

That earlier part of my previous part was not aimed at you. I got the willingness to suspend disbelief declaration in your post. That is why i addressed you separately.

Dunno what achilles is talking about. Every single jawbreaking punch was visible clearly at the theater I watched, there was enough light in every fight scene. Hell, even the 3D was decent.

Some real badass fight scenes especially with Otachi and Leatherback. What I really liked is that The Jaegers do display that they really weigh a ton (well 1800 to 2500 tons) and that the pilots have to really put some effort to kick kaiju a*s.

As for the plotholes and stuff, I really dont give a sh*t...I just came to see Jaegers kick some Kaiju a*s. That is all.

Dunno what achilles is talking about. Every single jawbreaking punch was visible clearly at the theater I watched, there was enough light in every fight scene. Hell, even the 3D was decent.

Some real badass fight scenes especially with Otachi and Leatherback. What I really liked is that The Jaegers do display that they really weigh a ton (well 1800 to 2500 tons) and that the pilots have to really put some effort to kick kaiju a*s.

As for the plotholes and stuff, I really dont give a sh*t...I just came to see Jaegers kick some Kaiju a*s. That is all.

+1

Pacif Rim, epic stuff, awesome experience with friend,
for the boys in all of us :D

damn otachi and leatherback fight scene were epic :O
why did they have subs on? :ack:

Edited by Sunny Coffee

Yeah and in some parts that subs were way off from the dialogue. I noticed it when when we first meet Mako.

But one problem with the ending for me is

When they blow up the portal, how do they get back to Earth before the portal deteriorates? I mean they fell a long way and just an escape pod will get them out?

Oh well, plot holes aside I really feel like watching it again.

Saw MoS in IMAX. No subs.

Saw PR in normal theatre. Had subs.

Yeah and in some parts that subs were way off from the dialogue. I noticed it when when we first meet Mako.

That part is originally in Chinese. That's why dubbed dialogue and the subbed dialogue don't match. :P

Edited by Dylanjosh

^^ 2nd and 4th gifs are of gypsy danger, not striker.

BTW the epic'est moment for me in the movie is the boat scene.

Actually the only striker eureka gif is the first one. The elbow rockets are Gipsy Danger too.

Edited by Solitaire