Credit Card Dilemma

DinJo

Amex cards have the best points structure, but with a hefty renewal fee. Which they give you back in points again.

Get a card with your salary account and just set up auto debit. No payment is ever forgotten. Citi cards are excellent.

Amex cards have the best points structure, but with a hefty renewal fee. Which they give you back in points again.

Get a card with your salary account and just set up auto debit. No payment is ever forgotten. Citi cards are excellent.

i've got a corp. amex.. win all around with no fees, just points galore :bigyellowgrin:

can someone explain how this CC thing works?? suppose i buy things worth 30k...do i have to pay the entire amount next month or whst?

Just getting a call from the bank sales team does not mean you will automatically get the card. You will also have to pass their credit evaluation done by a separate team. Make sure you go for the co branded cards of retail merchants, they are usually the ones without any fees.

I use around half a dozen CC, except for HDFC i have used all of the companies CC. Citibank by far is the best CC company, its customer service is the best for any company in India. SBI and AMEX has the worst CC and do keep in mind that AMEX is not accepted in many places, so the best bet would be to go for Visa or Mastercard from Citibank. Apart from best customer service, they also provide frequent increase in the limits based on your spendings, and the increase in the limit is very high as compared to other cards that i have used

Contrary to the popular belief over here, using a CC is the best way to bring up your credit score, i have been wisely using CC for close to 7 years now, and apart from having a decent limit of 8lac on my citi CC, i also have a credit score of 865 out of total possible 900. So next time i decide to apply for some high loan, it would get approved hassle free as compared to having no credit rating.

can someone explain how this CC thing works?? suppose i buy things worth 30k...do i have to pay the entire amount next month or whst?

you can pay the amount in full interest free if you do it by the due date. or else you can pay it in parts, but the interest would be charged for the amount.

well fk, i got a call from hdfc saying they gonna give me a CC. i was like wtf yo???.... till i thought it.

i have no clue...what kinda card it is

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so now i check the application status and it says that it has been disapproved, and now i have to respond to a letter they will send to my house or something

Anyone know why this is happening??

^^ Sanke. Hope u have a pan card. Citi had forced me to close my account ages ago when I didn't have a pan card back then.

But hell yes, by far they are the best. I get 1point = 1 rupee on my cc and that means free shopping every quarter for a wardrobe refresh.

Archived