Ps4 Controller Problem

NeoZ

So i just bought a Ps4 on July and been playing games smoothly with no issues, but now a problem had occured. My ps4 Controller for some reason doesnt turn on , I thought it had no charge so i plugged in and still no charge. I turned on my console and tried then to connect with the USB to charge or turn it on None of them worked. I thought the controller was dead, so I bought a new one and after 5 days same problem occured. Anyone can help me?

Nope, It stays dead but i just went through some things, and it told me to hold the L2 and PS button for a long time that the LED will start working, so i did that and the LED is blinking but stays dead after blinking.

I had the same issue where the reset did not work. The fault was in the cable. I tried 3 different cables and finally the 4th one worked. Get hold of more cables and then try. It should work.

Does your controller blink blue light when u press any button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same issue where the reset did not work. The fault was in the cable. I tried 3 different cables and finally the 4th one worked. Get hold of more cables and then try. It should work.

Does your controller blink blue light when u press any button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats what I think as well (cable problem) it is highly unlikely that a new controller would go kaput so soon unless ofcourse it is not getting any charge without which it cant work.

• 9 months later...

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but my DS4 is facing the exact same problem. Got my PS4 a couple of months ago. It's a CUH-11xxxx model.

Tried:

- Resetting the DS4.

- Connecting it to a mobile charger.

- Connecting it to my laptop.

- Connecting a different device to my PS4. That was charging fine, hence PS4's USB port is fine.

- Using the USB cable which I normally use to charge my DS4 on a different device and it was fine.

- Charging the DS4 with a different cable.

- Pressing and holding the 'Share' and 'PS' buttons together.

- Pressing and holding the 'L2' and 'PS' buttons together.

None of these worked. The DS4 just doesn't turn on. The lightbar doesn't flash at all.

@OP: Any update on what you did?

@Others: Anything else I should try before I call Sony Support?

.The issued i had with the DS4 was the lights were not even blinking, what i found out was, after playing and switching off the ps4, i put my controllers in a box and closed it , when i took them out the next day, it was not working. Try using remote play via pc and connect your controller to pc and press the ps button.

The USB socket and the Lightbar are both connected to the main board of the controller via a single ribbon cable.

Possibility is battery drained & ribbon cable is lose so 'A' no lights and 'B' will not charge as well.

If you don't mind being a tinker open it up and check the connections, else buy a new controller.

The USB socket and the Lightbar are both connected to the main board of the controller via a single ribbon cable.

Possibility is battery drained & ribbon cable is lose so 'A' no lights and 'B' will not charge as well.

If you don't mind being a tinker open it up and check the connections, else buy a new controller.

Thanks, that's helpful!

I spoke to Sony CC and they said that since it's a new console (within 6 months), I can take the controller to the service center and they will check and let me know what can be done.

I'll see how that goes. If they act like pests (like they have done in the past for my PS3 and PS Vita replacements), I'll open the controller up and fix it!

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Sony Service Centre on Saturday with the controller. They acknowledged the issue and, since it was within 6 months of purchase, they said I will get a replacement. Gave me the usual job no. but no timeframe. They said that they will call me when the replacement arrives.

Now, the wait begins.

I'll give it a week before I start pestering them on twitter.

Archived