Ps4 Controller Problem

NeoZ

Went to the Sony Service Centre on Saturday with the controller. They acknowledged the issue and, since it was within 6 months of purchase, they said I will get a replacement. Gave me the usual job no. but no timeframe. They said that they will call me when the replacement arrives.

Now, the wait begins.

I'll give it a week before I start pestering them on twitter.

"borrow" 4K from them, walk down to the store and buy a new one, go back to the service center and give them the controller and ask them to give it to you :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

So, got the replacement controller today. I knew that since this is a different controller, I'll have to pair it.

I tried to press the PS button (without connecting the controller to the console) but the lightbar didn't flash at all. It should flash, right?

I switched on my PS4 and got the screen 'Welcome back to PlayStation. Press the PS button on the Dualshock 4.' I then connected the controller to the PS4 and pressed the PS button. The lightbar started flashing white but it did not get connected to the PS4. Kept flashing for about 15 or 20 seconds. That was the odd part.

Note: When I connected the controller to the PS4, the controller did not show the orange 'charging' light.

I decided to boot the PS4 in Safe Mode and then pair the new controller. But, it the same thing happened as I mentioned above. Got the flashing white light when I pressed the PS button, but controller did not get registered.

Things I confirmed:

- Checked the USB port on the PS4. It's able to charge my phone.

- Checked the USB cable. It's fine too.

- Tried to connect the DS4 to a mobile charger and although I didn't see the Orange charging light, it flashed the white light when I pressed the PS button once.

What am I missing here? Is there any other way to do this?

Also, obligatory emoticon to show my frustration: :fogug: :fogug: :fogug:

All I can say is WTF! I have no clue what the problem is. Before you do anything else borrow someone's controller. If i was in Mumbai I'd have given you mine. Seriously the only thing I can think is you got another lemon controller.

All I can say is WTF! I have no clue what the problem is. Before you do anything else borrow someone's controller. If i was in Mumbai I'd have given you mine. Seriously the only thing I can think is you got another lemon controller.

Well, sh*t!

I'll try that and check.

First isolate the issue and check if it's indeed not the controller. Test it at a friends place and if it's doing the same drama out there then you know for certain its borked.

So, tried to connect the replacement controller at the PS4 in my office and still the same issue. Then got a friend's controller and connected to my PS4 and it worked fine.

Basically, Sony gave me a borked replacement controller. Will go to the service centre tomorrow and demand justice.

Also, obligatory emoticon to show my frustration.

:fogug: :fogug: :fogug:

Goddam Sony is seriously ridiculous. The only reason I expected another lemon was because you're not the first person it has happened to. Had read a thread sometime earlier this year where some guys got faulty replacement controllers more than once.

Unbelievable! More waste of time to get it replaced. This time when you get it back, ask those people to test it personally on a console out there.

Wanted to do it this time itself, but the service centre does not have a console there.

:| :| :|

Went to the service centre. Since, the chindi service centre does not have a PS4 to test it, they asked me to get the console so that they can check the issue.

:|

What have I done to deserve this?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Wtf :lol:

This has got to be the shittiest service I've ever come across. That too in a metropolitan city. Sorry for laughing but I don't know how else to react.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Sony Service Centre, again. This time with my PS4 too. They checked it and determined it's the controller's fault. They said they will keep my PS4 and the controller and when the new controller arrives, they will call me and let me know.

The wait begins now.

Missing out on the PES2017 demo and some pre-owned games I bought in the last month. :(

Went to the Sony Service Centre, again. This time with my PS4 too. They checked it and determined it's the controller's fault. They said they will keep my PS4 and the controller and when the new controller arrives, they will call me and let me know.

The wait begins now.

Missing out on the PES2017 demo and some pre-owned games I bought in the last month. :(

I dont know how you agreed to keep your ps4. I would never left my baby behind.

Archived