EA Sports

Platforms:
PS3/360

Release Date:
TBA

ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhEaGgISmqg

INFO

Redefining the SSX franchise, SSX: Deadly Descents will pit riders versus both mountain and man. Players will explore the story of a team who seek to be the first to descend the faces of the most treacherous mountain ranges on the planet. The team will travel the world to face the worst that Mother Nature can throw at them. From the peaks of the Himalayas, where the air is so thin that riders have to descend through the death zone at breakneck speeds to keep from blacking out, to the solid ice ranges of Antarctica, where a sunlit line is the only survival option when temperatures drop 50 degrees centigrade in the shade. And the mountain isn’t the only danger players will face. In SSX: Deadly Descents the first goal is to survive. The second, in true SSX fashion, is to look good doing it.

ssxdeadlydescentsslippi.jpg

TBH, I'd rather go back and play SSX3 on PS2 than a snowboarding simulator. I read somewhere that they're going to introduce Skate-like controls. If that is the case, it means they're going to severely reduce the sense of speed, which is a complete no-no.

Need more details. Weekend is a horrible time to reveal a game. No press releases :(

peace

I found Skate's controls terrible and not fun, there's nothing "realistic" about playing a skateboarding/skating/snowboarding game with a controller FFS !

TBH, I'd rather go back and play SSX3 on PS2 than a snowboarding simulator. I read somewhere that they're going to introduce Skate-like controls. If that is the case, it means they're going to severely reduce the sense of speed, which is a complete no-no.

Yep. Read that somewhere else as well. Its not really a good idea. As an arcade game it was fun as a sim it wont be the same.

I found Skate's controls terrible and not fun, there's nothing "realistic" about playing a skateboarding/skating/snowboarding game with a controller FFS !

I thought Skate's controls were fine for what the game was. They just dont seem to belong here.

Still, a little excited.

/Hums Dont let the man get you down.

That song needs to return to the OST. :P

I found them really gr8 , about the realistic part...well atleast its better than the recent Tony hawk games.

As Gaf put it....this is a Tom Clancy game !

I found them really gr8 , about the realistic part...well atleast its better than the recent Tony hawk games.

The reason why people loved Tony Hawk games was because you could grind on telephone wires, jump off building, perform an ollie over a flying helicopter, land inside a building and grind you way to the ground floor making 10 million points.

There's nothing realistic about it, but its fun. Now look at Skate, there's no such outrageous stuff in there and the controls are about just as unrealistic as any other skateboarding game...afterall you are still playing a skateboarding game on a controller.

I echo everyones sentiment, we dont really need a snowboarding sim and that too from a ip such as SSX which is all about crazy a*s speeds and tricks.

+1 SSX: Deadly Decents should be like SSX Tricky or else a total waste of time :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

* Rewind Feature

*17 regions spread across the whole globe, each mountain ridable in all their 360º degrees of slopes, Stoked style. They're aiming for 70 open mountains. Mountains are generated automatically by the game, including some from topographic data like Google Earth.

*The producer talks about his programmer asking him to name any mountain, the producer said "Everest", the tech guy plugs that info into the mountain building program (dubbed "Mountain Man), and the program spit out a 100,000+ polygon rendered mountain.

*Regions confirmed so far: Siberia, Himalayas (split into two mountains it would seem, for now), Kilimanjaro, Siberia, Caucasus, The Alps.

*Each mountain is tailored to one kind of danger. Thin air, ice, temperature, will each be the main danger of one mountain range.

*The gear you purchase/earn will be important, each piece may be better to a certain condition/danger.

*Elise is returning. Start guessing who the guy in the trailer is (or it could be a new fella...)

*There will be tracks in the game. They have natural shortcuts (this can mean the tracks could have the feel we're used them to have, the ramps, turns, etc, etc), some of the runs are pinched together, some others intersect.

* Rewind Feature

*17 regions spread across the whole globe, each mountain ridable in all their 360º degrees of slopes, Stoked style. They're aiming for 70 open mountains. Mountains are generated automatically by the game, including some from topographic data like Google Earth.

*The producer talks about his programmer asking him to name any mountain, the producer said "Everest", the tech guy plugs that info into the mountain building program (dubbed "Mountain Man), and the program spit out a 100,000+ polygon rendered mountain.

*Regions confirmed so far: Siberia, Himalayas (split into two mountains it would seem, for now), Kilimanjaro, Siberia, Caucasus, The Alps.

*Each mountain is tailored to one kind of danger. Thin air, ice, temperature, will each be the main danger of one mountain range.

*The gear you purchase/earn will be important, each piece may be better to a certain condition/danger.

*Elise is returning. Start guessing who the guy in the trailer is (or it could be a new fella...)

*There will be tracks in the game. They have natural shortcuts (this can mean the tracks could have the feel we're used them to have, the ramps, turns, etc, etc), some of the runs are pinched together, some others intersect.

some interesting points, but getting abit more worried about the lack UBERness of the game....... but will sleep better if the also included the old skool maps, like Garibaldi.

Archived