Suggest me a screen for PS4?

Ned.

Hello people!

I'm gonna buy a PS4 pretty much soon and I don't have a HD screen in my room to harness the true power of the beast. So please suggest me a good screen for PS4. I'd prefer a cheap one that has good performance and around 24-28 inches. Or suggest me a good screen size too?

Or better, forget the size and everything and suggest me some good screens. The main use will be playing games on a PS4.

Thanks!

No point playing PS4 games on HD ready screens even if they support full HD via HDMI. I played few hrs of WD on my 22 inch TV and the game looked similar to 360 version from same viewing distance. On 42 inch TV though, the difference is very noticeable. So get a bigger TV.

Oh is it? I thought my 22 inch TV was HD ready since its default resolution is 768p and only supports full HD via HDMI. Anyways game doesn't look as good as it looks on 42 inch full HD TV.

I have a Samsung 22inch monitor. It has a resolution of 1680*1050.

So ps4 runs 720p on it. I can't find any noticeable difference between the 42 inch 1080p and 22 inch 720p.i actually prefer playing on monitor due to better response and contrast.

^It is not HD-ready if it also supports full-HD via HDMI. HD-ready by definition means that the dispaly doesn't support full-HD/1080p.

I'm confused. So if my i connect a PS3 or BDP to my TV via HDMI and on the screen it says 1080p does this mean my TV is FullHD?

Also what response time would be acceptable. My current TV is 6.5 ms.

Also what response time would be acceptable. My current TV is 6.5 ms.

Lower is better. Your current display is fine but go for something below 5ms next whenever you are in the market.

Benq gl2450 is a good option. Have been using it for more than a year now. Really good stuff. 24 inch full hd monitor. Advertised response is 2ms. Haven't faced any lags or ghosting yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Thanks for the advice. From what I understand after reading all this, I should get a monitor with low response time and preferably 24 inch or so. Can you suggest me any specific models?

Thanks for the advice. From what I understand after reading all this, I should get a monitor with low response time and preferably 24 inch or so. Can you suggest me any specific models?

BenQ GL2460HM

BenQ RL2455H

BenQ XL2420Z

Have heard that Dell is also pretty good. But can't seem to have anything below 5ms.

Benq advertises their monitors as official Major League Gaming monitors.

Can vouch for the GL2460HM model as I have been using it for sometime now. Pretty good stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 4

BenQ GL2460HM

BenQ RL2455H

BenQ XL2420Z

Have heard that Dell is also pretty good. But can't seem to have anything below 5ms.

Benq advertises their monitors as official Major League Gaming monitors.

Can vouch for the GL2460HM model as I have been using it for sometime now. Pretty good stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Thanks for the suggestions. I really like this one: http://www.amazon.in/BenQ-EW2440L-inch-LED-Monitor/dp/B00GWFNMGG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406382567&sr=8-1&keywords=monitors#productDetails

How is it?

The response time for that particular model is 12 ms, 4 ms GTG. I would say go for something with a lower response rate.

Sent from my Nexus 4

How about this one?

Hi! I have the same query. I am thinking to buy a PS4 pretty soon and I want some suggestions regarding monitors I might need to purchase to actually witness the graphical power of the next-gen consoles. So, I have been using this 17" monitor from probably 4 years for gaming. Although I have a 40/42" Sony Bravia (LCD), I still use my monitor to play games coz my TV is installed in living room and obviously some privacy issues arise! So...thinking to upgrade my monitor to an LED one, maybe 22". And, I am completely unaware abt these LCD and LEDs. I donno which is the best for gaming! So, I need some serious help here guys!!

And,

I know you will get this doubt saying why can't I use the 40" TV itself for gaming when Iwant to experience the real awesomeness of next-gen graphics!

Here's the clarification: When I googled to know the diff b/w LCDs and LEDs, I caught these lines saying that LCD screen causes eyestrain and dizziness. And the interesting part is, I have been suffering from these from past few months!! Very badly!! Especially dizziness!! Every. F**king. Day after I play a game for 2 hours. So, I am almost convinced to buy an LED monitor, but not sure if I would suffer again!

So, please help me out guys!!! Please answer my questions and save mee!!!

@TS

Bro! Really didn't mean to hijack your thread, but afraid that my thread will be deleted if I create another one about the same problem. So, I had to post it here only! If you are not comfortable, I will create another thread for my problemo! :3 Thanks!!

Here's the clarification: When I googled to know the diff b/w LCDs and LEDs, I caught these lines saying that LCD screen causes eyestrain and dizziness. And the interesting part is, I have been suffering from these from past few months!! Very badly!! Especially dizziness!! Every. F**king. Day after I play a game for 2 hours. So, I am almost convinced to buy an LED monitor, but not sure if I would suffer again!

Okay, here is your answer,

• There is no such thing as an LED monitor. There are only LED backlit displays, what this means is that instead of having a traditional CCFL lamp acting as a back-light for the display an LED array is being used.
  • If you are facing dizziness and related issues after gaming, have you got your eyes checked?

All the recent models that have been released have an LED back-light simply because they are cheap enough to compete with CCFL in the mainstream market, also, eco-friendly.

Hi! I have the same query. I am thinking to buy a PS4 pretty soon and I want some suggestions regarding monitors I might need to purchase to actually witness the graphical power of the next-gen consoles. So, I have been using this 17" monitor from probably 4 years for gaming. Although I have a 40/42" Sony Bravia (LCD), I still use my monitor to play games coz my TV is installed in living room and obviously some privacy issues arise! So...thinking to upgrade my monitor to an LED one, maybe 22".

You might be interested in picking up a 27" full HD IPS panels, instead of 22" displays.

There is no such thing as an LED monitor. There are only LED backlit displays, what this means is that instead of having a traditional CCFL lamp acting as a back-light for the display an LED array is being used.

Oh! I really didn't know that! Thanks for clarifying.

If you are facing dizziness and related issues after gaming, have you got your eyes checked?

Lol! I am already wearing glasses for eye-sight!

You might be interested in picking up a 27" full HD IPS panels, instead of 22" displays.

Well, thanks! :)

Archived