Steam deals

Aftrunner

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Steam Deal/Sale Thread

Here is where we post the best deals on Steam and also help others in emptying their (and our own) wallets and increasing the backlog of games.

Steam unable to update itself and deleting clientregistry.blob doesnt work?

Try this....

-Download TCPView.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx

-Whenever that happens, open TCPView & find Steam in the list of processes.

-Right Click, Close Connection.

-Steam will open up a new connection with (probably) a new host.

-Repeat until you get a stable download rate.

Edited by Snake
Created a small OP, hope its OK afty...
  • Like 4

:D

crap wish i had a pc cool enough to run all this.

Almost all games will run on a medicore PC...Problem is you should have a Internet connection with bandwidth to download that...its easily around 40 Gig of stuff

Almost all games will run on a medicore PC...Problem is you should have a Internet connection with bandwidth to download that...its easily around 40 Gig of stuff

what specifications would u give for a mediocore pc?

will these games run on my system? here r my specs

Motherboard

CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium E2180, 2000 MHz (10 x 200)

Motherboard Name Asus P5GC-MX/1333 (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)

Motherboard Chipset Intel Lakeport-G i945GC

System Memory 1015 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

DIMM1: Hynix 1 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

BIOS Type AMI (05/15/08)

Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)

Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display

Video Adapter Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family (128 MB)

3D Accelerator Intel GMA 950

Monitor Compaq 7500 [17" CRT] (CNC4330WD9)

Multimedia

Audio Adapter Realtek ALC662 @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1]

i got no nvidia or ATI graphic card.

@supersim - your gfx card will be the hurdle. Check out systemrequirementlabs with your pc for the games.

Also, for whoever buys the games, you don't have to download it all at once. I think Steam will just put the codes in your account - after that you can dl as many times as you want.

@supersim - your gfx card will be the hurdle. Check out systemrequirementlabs with your pc for the games.

Also, for whoever buys the games, you don't have to download it all at once. I think Steam will just put the codes in your account - after that you can dl as many times as you want.

thx brotha but how much will a decent graphic card cost and what one would u recommend?

Depends on your budget. If you are willing to spend around 9-10k the ATI 4850 is good. The 9600 is about 6 k which is not half bad. Lastly you have 8600 around 4 K.

All of them will the games from steam at high-very high settings.

No, they are not. Ubisoft titles are generally region locked. Same goes for some amazing bundle packs like the one we are discussing. If I remember right, the GTA pack containing all GTA PC versions till date at an amazing price point was region locked. Same for the Rockstar pack as well.

Nash could have checked and told us, but his Steam account is not an Indian account I believe.