Virtua Tennis 4

KnackChap

Developer: Sega AM3

Publisher: Sega

Release: 2011

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (August 17th, 2010) –SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. are thrilled to announce that the critically acclaimed Virtua TennisTM series is in development for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, featuring full PlayStation®Move compatibility and 3D technology. Developed in Japan by the original Virtua Tennis Team, Virtua Tennis 4, releasing in 2011, promises a more immersive, true to life tennis experience than ever before.

Virtua Tennis 4 with the PlayStation Move is more than just hitting the ball; it’s about the angle of the racquet, the spin and speed of the ball and the power of the shot. The advanced motion sensors of PlayStation Move precisely track both the fast and subtle movements of the controller allowing for pinpoint accurate shots as players improve their racquet skills. Virtua Tennis 4 will also support 3D technology delivering unprecedented realism to the tennis experience, bringing you closer than ever to being out on the court.

“Virtua Tennis 4 is a fantastic example of how our 3rd Party partners are seeing the potential not just in PlayStation Move, but also 3D,” said Simon Rutter, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing at SCEE. “The combination of both Move and 3D offers an entirely new gaming experience and one that has the potential to completely change how people interact with their entertainment. Virtua Tennis 4 shows how this technology can be implemented and we are very excited to be working with SEGA on this.”

“We have always strived to provide a tennis experience that is both true to the sport and great fun to play, and we are continuing to work with Sony to make this happen”, commented Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing at SEGA Europe and SEGA America. “With Virtua Tennis 4 being developed for PlayStation Move and featuring 3D technology, the boundaries of realism in sports video games are being pushed even further”.

With a host of additional features and the full player line-up to be revealed in the coming months, Virtua Tennis 4 is slated for release in 2011 and will be available on PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system.

Virtua Tennis 4 is currently being shown at the Sony Computer Entertainment Europe consumer stand in Hall 07.1 of the Cologne Trade Fair Center at Gamescom 2010 trade fair for interactive games and entertainment.

For more information, please visit the official site at www.sega.com or to download screenshots, videos and art, please visit www.sega-press.com.

vt4-1.jpg

vt4-2.jpg

vt4-3.jpg

vt4-4.jpg

vt4-5.jpg

vt4-6.jpg

vt4-7.jpg

vt4-8.jpg

at last a tennis game after a long time. The graphics looks pretty shitty IMO. I hope Move will rock this game.

BTW, best Tennis game is "Smash Court Tennis 3" (SCT3) on the PSP. Only if u play tennis u can appreciate how the game models everything. VT and TopSpin are just arcadish versions of SCT.

I used to play VT regularly with Achilles (Mumbai) and Reddevilgautam (delhi) without any lag..

There were connection issues all the time.... I couldn't even connect with Gautam despite being from delhi

EDIT--- I could connect with Joy,achilles, vbhoj, glen etc... Glen is a cheater btw :loser:

Yeah VT 09 had annoying connection issues , could never play with Gautam , Rash or even Obaid bro. :(

Still we all had some awesome fun in MP , Doubles matches with Niks , Dan ,Ragz , Chilly and Vinnet bro were epic.

Yayyy!!!! :wOOtjumpy:

I can whip achilles a** all over again

like that's ever going to happen :tongue:

Wanna play !!! :naughty:

:gunsmilie:

u guys stupidly left the game and sold it off. they added some pretty cool tourney features etc. to the online..and mostly it never lagged for me.

let's hit it big time this time..and with move only matches :punk:

seriously.. racket based games are mostly the only ones that interest me with the mo-cos since ive played grand slam tennis on the Wii..speaking of which :scratchchin:

Archived