The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@ ^^

True this..

But i dont agree when u say captain wont get players he wants from selectors..

When Dada was the captain , he had major say in selection , even while selecting the coach..

As u said Raina is a regular in the team now , Jadeja is doing well and Ojha is not in the LOI but he is been very good in tests...

They are not given chances unnecessarily..

If he had managed Rohit n Vijay then it would have been a different :P

Some idiot in Times Now said , No one cares about Champions Trophy..

Dhoni must quit and BCCI should call the team back from England..

I would still take a risk of playing Vijay over Sharma, that guy is an absolute disaster in International circuit. Fake an f**ckin injury to any of the two losers and get rahane or pujara in.

i'm worried about our chances though. we never do well in icc tournaments directly after ipl & now that we've won both warm ups that may lead to complacency. we usually dont do well in actual tournaments after doing well in warm ups (remember 2007 wc)

Well...the squad looks pretty good at the moment with a few batsmen in form and the bowlers doing well too!! If everyone can perform professionally, then we do have a great chance to do well in this tournament!!

no shastri & lsrk in commentary but they've added russel arnold :suicide:

need to get rid of him, rameez raja & akram

no. akram, raja and arnold need to be there. you cant have all indian and some aussie commemtators. each nation should be represented even if it means hearing bad commentary for a while. just that LSRK is not needed as we already have lots of indians.

plus akram is a genuine bowler and that is always welcome in the sea of batsmen. i wonder why he never speaks more from a bowler's perspective instead of channeling the inner ravi shastri in him.

no. akram, raja and arnold need to be there. you cant have all indian and some aussie commemtators. each nation should be represented even if it means hearing bad commentary for a while. just that LSRK is not needed as we already have lots of indians.

plus akram is a genuine bowler and that is always welcome in the sea of batsmen. i wonder why he never speaks more from a bowler's perspective instead of channeling the inner ravi shastri in him.

Just give me the SKY Commentary team.They are by far the best and most unbiased.Atherton,Hussain and Holding :good:

plus akram is a genuine bowler and that is always welcome in the sea of batsmen. i wonder why he never speaks more from a bowler's perspective instead of channeling the inner ravi shastri in him

oh no he does, distinctly remember what he said once after some bowler bowled an out swinger - there is so much swing, conditions are overcast, I think he should bowl one more out swinger and then bowl an in swinger pitching on the same spot, the batsman would surely miss it and get bowled. Harsha was all in splits and said - The great Wasim Akram, you do realize that not everybody is as gifted as you are. :lol:

Akram :majesty:

Hearing rameez raja is fun simply because one can have fun listening to him speak. Once he said in hindi to mohammed yusuf over the commentary that "Chole poori kha kha ke pet bda liya hain bhaga jayega kahan se" :rofl:

Hussain is the best. He has got the knowledge, the pedigree (was english captain for a good amount of time) and amazing classic british dry humor.

Sky team s the best, no doubt.

Amongst indians i like Bhogle and Ganguly. Bhogle is very experienced in speaking and has a very good command over the language, Ganguly always has a refreshing new thing to say, a new perspective to bring to the discussion. Gavaskar was good till he started licking bcci's hiney.

Edited by Nemo

Hussain is the best. He has got the knowledge, the pedigree (was english captain for a good amount of time) and amazing classic british dry humor.

Sky team s the best, no doubt.

Amongst indians i like Bhogle and Ganguly. Bhogle is very experienced in speaking and has a very good command over the language, Ganguly always has a refreshing new thing to say, a new perspective to bring to the discussion. Gavaskar was good till he started licking bcci's hiney.

Even i like Harsha n Dada...

The commentary team in CT is actually good..

Even Simon Doull and Danny Morrison are good..

^ :lol: agreed

bhogle gets too diplomatic & has too much of a sing-songy voice for my taste

boycott is the best. he's hard but fair.

mark nicholas is also good. he can get a bit bland but he isnt anti-india as many of the brit commentators

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic