Origin Deals

playstation

I don't think we should be criticise EA for this sale. It is a good thing. These days whenever you buy a game at full price, always be prepared for the eventuality that people who wait will get it for half of what you paid. Or even less.

I don't think we should be criticise EA for this sale. It is a good thing. These days whenever you buy a game at full price, always be prepared for the eventuality that people who wait will get it for half of what you paid. Or even less.

Eventuality should be later, not a month after launch. E.g. EA had 50% sale, and one time Game4U sold BF3+Premium for 850 rupees, but that was a year after game launch. This is too soon.

Eventuality should be later, not a month after launch. E.g. EA had 50% sale, and one time Game4U sold BF3+Premium for 850 rupees, but that was a year after game launch. This is too soon.
I think they are looking at the situation through the Square Enix filter.

BF4 demo killed it for me. decided i'd not shell more that 600 for it. so gonna wait till next yr.
Why you disliked the BETA, Sire?It was by no means a demo. Not even remotely.Sent from my ST27i Edited by ALPHA17

Let's all buy BFBC2 + Vietnam for the 200 odd rupees and enjoy the sh*t out of that classic.

I tend to reinstall BC2 from time to time. Never gets old. It's.. It's magical.

Bought. BF4 can suck it. Will buy when it is 10$ or something.

*brofist*

Bought BFBC2. Will skip Vietnam (3 times the sale price of base game, seriously EA?).

Now time to find my install disc and the latest patch (I liked their idea of separately downloadable cumulative patches).

Oh god. BC2 had some horrible patches. Like GB+ in size and no resume option if your net dropped out or PC shut off or something. The base game client was utter sh*t at doing it too. Wonder if it patches through Origin now instead.

Cracking good game though if the MP is still alive. Makes BF3 design decisions look like crap. Well ok maybe thats harsh, it took them like 4 patches to properly nerf the Medic class and the M60 was still OP as all f**k but goddamn the map design in that game was a work of art. The games almost always had a fantastic ebb and flow to them purely because the maps were designed with complete focus on what would be played on them.

BF3 maps show what happens when you try to do too many things at once to check all the boxes.

Edited by Aftrunner

Oh god. BC2 had some horrible patches. Like GB+ in size and no resume option if your net dropped out or PC shut off or something. The base game client was utter sh*t at doing it too. Wonder if it patches through Origin now instead.

Through Origin it should patch, will test that out.

I meant the patches were available as separate downloads as well (the update client was the most archaic thing I'd seen in a long time). Even now you can google for the R11 patch and download it (2.4GB) . If you have the base game lying around (even retail version discs), just install that patch and you are good to go. Relying on Origin to be sensitive to FUP has never served anyone well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Digital deluxe for Rivals is for Rs. 2,799 and you get NFS:HP and Burnout with it. Decent deal.

Same applies across Origin store globally or is this India-specific?

looking at buying Rivals, but I already own HP & Burnout, so digital deluxe is kinda pointless. Don't want to shell out that much for std ed :/

looking at buying Rivals, but I already own HP & Burnout, so digital deluxe is kinda pointless. Don't want to shell out that much for std ed :/

I've heard HP is better than Rivals...