Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

It's been like 4-5months BSNL still hasn't fixed my Broadband. :\ My problem is when my internet works my base phone doesn't and when my base phone works my internet doesn't . Went to their office 50+ times but nothing happened yet. They said there is problem with your ADSL Splitter so i bought new splitters (Twice) , then they said there is problem with your router so i bought another one then they said there is problem with your base phone i replaced it too but nothing worked. I even disconnected my Broadband for few days thought they might fix it accidentally while giving the new connection but still so sign of happiness. When i went to meet SDO , he called Lineman and lineman says contact the guy who sees internet problem. And that guy (who checks internet problem) says contact lineman there is something wrong with your line :\ Just vice versa every where :| I don't know what to do. Neither Airtel nor Reliance is available in my City. :|

My BSNL goes down like 3-4 time every month! Have you tried changing the cable? Usually there are issues with either the cable or the port box (dunno what they call it, the box to which they connect the wire that comes in from the outside :bigyellowgrin: )

Once my phone number changed automatically and I got blocked out of the internet :roflroll: , only happens with BSNL.

My BSNL goes down like 3-4 time every month! Have you tried changing the cable? Usually there are issues with either the cable or the port box (dunno what they call it, the box to which they connect the wire that comes in from the outside :bigyellowgrin: )

Once my phone number changed automatically and I got blocked out of the internet :roflroll: , only happens with BSNL.

BC_NL sucks man. And yeah, tried changing cables too but no sign of good luck.

BC_NL sucks man. And yeah, tried changing cables too but no sign of good luck.

Try getting a BSNL FTTH connection bro, its pretty good compared to the normal broadband. I got one around a 6-8 months back. The network goes down at times, but pretty good compared to normal broadband.

Try getting a BSNL FTTH connection bro, its pretty good compared to the normal broadband. I got one around a 6-8 months back. The network goes down at times, but pretty good compared to normal broadband.

I doubt if they even know what FTTH is. Will try next month.. Thanks for the headsup.

FTTH means what? What is the tariff and speeds?

FTTH means Fiber to the Home, fiber connection from BSNL. My initial plan was 512kbps for Rs.1179/month. On my 4th month of usage, they freely upgraded my plan. Now its 1.5mbps @Rs.1179. The base pack is 850 bucks. Rs 1179 is including the rent, taxes etc. The give you a separate UPS just for the modem. Hence the rent n stuff.

You can check the tariff here:

FTTH Tariff

FTTH means Fiber to the Home, fiber connection from BSNL. My initial plan was 512kbps for Rs.1179/month. On my 4th month of usage, they freely upgraded my plan. Now its 1.5mbps @Rs.1179. The base pack is 850 bucks. Rs 1179 is including the rent, taxes etc. The give you a separate UPS just for the modem. Hence the rent n stuff.

You can check the tariff here:

FTTH Tariff

Will they always upgrade after 4 months, or is it based on luck/some other factors?

There is no need to give a separate UPS for modem BTW. Most people already have a UPS, and have only one available electric port near the PC(which is occupied by their existing UPS).

This modem does not have an adapter. The power cable comes directly from the UPS.

Okay, if both UPS(the usual one, and the one given by BSNL) are connected to a single spike, then there should be no problems, as long as that spike is powerful enough to take load of all your PC equipments simultaneously, which usually means higher cost of the spike. :fear:

So I am facing a weird problem - I have MTNL broadband. When I switch on the modem - I am able to connect to the internet. But it works for 2-3 minutes and then just stops working. I switch off and switch on the modem again - Same thing is happening - I am able to browse for 2-3 minutes (I mean I can open any website during these 2-3 minutes) and then again the net stops working. I observed that the Status light in the model stops blinking. This was never a problem with my usual laptop - But my usual laptop stopped working today and I plugged a different laptop. Is the new laptop the issue? I have tried different ports in the house but the same issue is happening. Any idea how to rectify this? How is it that I can access Internet for exactly 2-3 minutes and then my internet gets cut off?

Edited by saanil