Gaming PCs

AtheK

@joe

I would certainly get both at some point as no matter how weak ps4 exclusives look to some right now,it is gonna get great ones in time. I am definately waiting for infamous.

Pc has its own advantages as well and i certainly want to experience it. Its just a katter of which should i get first. Would gtx760 be good enought for a couple of years?

@alpha

I certainly would like to play exclusives of both pc and ps4. I used to play on pc. Not for sometime though.

^^ Will you have the time or will it only lead to back-log?

Also, what PC titles interest you?

Budget for PC?

Hope this helps. Cheerio!

I dont know about the time. I guess i would have to take out the time:/

Budget is 60-65k!

Its not about specific title but the overall experience. Cheaper prices of games,mmos,rts etc.

^^ Most MMO's don't charge you.

Anyway, do you want to buy a monitor with this build or will you plug it into the same panel you have your console hooked upto?

Please accept there are certain idiosyncrasies associated with building a RIG. It will take time to set-up and yes also you would have to maintain it more than a console. So if that is acceptable, this is the RIG I suggest you,

Intel Core i5 4430

GIGABYTE B85M-D3H

Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz

GTX760 2GB

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 or Western Digital Blue Edition 1TB

HP / ASUS optical drive

Seasonic X560W

Corsair Carbide 400R

Where are you going to get all these components from?

Hope this helps and see you in PC land. Cheerio!

Cant i go for a cheaper motherboard? Something like b75? And a cheaper case?

No, the B75 chipset is incompatible with the newer generation Haswell processors.

Cheaper case, maybe but then it is a compromise which may / may-not cause issues going down the line.

What should i get,a gaming pc with gtx 760 or ps4:/ ?? I am confused.

For now, a gaming PC. Eventually, a PS4 also if you wish. Reasoning :

With the PC, you will be able to right away run (nearly) all multiplat titles at better graphics/fps than PS4. It will take some time before the number of exclusives or console-friendly titles are high in number. Until that time, you can play a lot of excellent games on the PC.

A couple of years down the line you can consider a PS4 once there is a large enough backlog of good titles you wish to play on that. And at that time, you will be able to pick up a ton of "older" titles for PS4 for cheap here on TP and then trade them further. So running expenses will be low for a lot of games.

For now, a gaming PC. Eventually, a PS4 also if you wish. Reasoning :

With the PC, you will be able to right away run (nearly) all multiplat titles at better graphics/fps than PS4. It will take some time before the number of exclusives or console-friendly titles are high in number. Until that time, you can play a lot of excellent games on the PC.

A couple of years down the line you can consider a PS4 once there is a large enough backlog of good titles you wish to play on that. And at that time, you will be able to pick up a ton of "older" titles for PS4 for cheap here on TP and then trade them further. So running expenses will be low for a lot of games.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I knw that pc is way going forward for now. A year later,maybe,thrn i can pick up a ps4 as well. Its just the urge of mine to buy ut at launch as it would be my first console at launch of my own money. :/

@sach

wait a year atleast before getting ps4,i was too tempted to get ps4 day one,but believe me its not worth it,PC is all you need for a couple of years.

Also gtx 760 looks like a great value for money,its as fast as my gtx 670(how i wish i had waited a few months :fear1: ).and overall a great package,have fun gaming :thumbsup:

Edited by Razpor

hey alpha,

Since my HDD went kaput and taking along with it all my data,decided that ill upgrade the full gaming rig and not just stop at HDDs. Its a 3.5 year old pc.

have a look at my current rig specs and tell me whether you think theres anything which i can carry over to new pc

Intel Core i5 750( 1st Gen)

MSI P55CD53

2x2gb DDR3 RAM -Adata :fear:

XFX AMD 5770( upgraded sometime after i initially bought the rig.. cant remember when.. :P)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ( fried :bow: )

ASUS optical drive

NZXT m59 cabinet

Colermaster Extremepower 500W

razer deathadder 3500 dpi mouse

MS sidewinderx5 keyboard

I am definitely going reuse the mouse n keyboard.. cabinet and PSU I am on the fence...Also, the graphics, can i squeeze a bit more life out of it ? :)

Can set aside a budget of around 60k for the upgrade.. out of that around 20k is already spend on HDDs( 4k WD blue and 14k samsung SSD). So with the balance 40k , what do u suggest ..

EDIT: i guess the important question is whether i should buy now or wait it out a bit longer.. read a bit online about ddr4 and next gen cpus..

Edited by hardcorelegend

will my i3 intel 2100 3.1ghz bottleneck it ?? :helpsmilie:

No, although the Core i3 will be stretched to the limit and the in future titles might be a hold-up.

I would suggest you wait, save up, balance out your build.

Get a Haswell processor (Core i5 4430) + motherboard (B85 chipset based) and add a card of the GTX760's calibre or AMD's upcoming Volcanic Island cards.

Intel Core i5 750( 1st Gen)

MSI P55CD53

2x2gb DDR3 RAM -Adata :fear:

XFX AMD 5770( upgraded sometime after i initially bought the rig.. cant remember when.. :P)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ( fried :bow: )

ASUS optical drive

NZXT m59 cabinet

Colermaster Extremepower 500W -- Immediate replacement

razer deathadder 3500 dpi mouse

MS sidewinderx5 keyboard

If you can wait till December it would be better. Although you will not get DDR4 based RIG's until sometime in Q3 -->Q4 next year or whenever Broadwell chips are out.

No need to change the cabinet, the SMPS has to go, right now. Get a Seasonic X560W or something better, the current one you have is a tinderbox which can take everything down with it.

Graphic card also, wait and decide, AMD is going to reveal the Volcanic Island GPU's at the end of this month and by late November they should arrive in the market.

Rest all should be fine, even in the interim. Even I have the same card as you, splendid piece of kit although it needs to retire.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Edited by ALPHA17