Getting raped in Grand Theft Auto 5

A mysterious assailant known as DEEPER_IN_DA_BUTT has hacked the video game Grand Theft Auto V in order to sexually terrorize fellow online players. “He has his pants down at all times and can butt rape you,” one reported on Reddit. “You cannot kill him and there is nothing you can do about it. Worse, when he’s done, you are stuck doing strip

Plenty of similar attacks have been proudly documented on YouTube, leading The Huffington Post to declare this week that modifying video games in order to rape other players is “a disturbing new trend.” There’s a certain dissonance to calling virtual rape “disturbing” while accepting virtual murder as a reasonable premise for a video game. Still, HuffPo might be on to something — DEEPER_IN_DA_BUTT is not the only video-game rapist to make the news this year. In March, video-game writer Kim Correa described being virtually raped in the multiplayer zombie apocalypse game, DayZ. Correa says DayZ is a ruthless survivalist hellscape in which players will kill one another for a can opener. Nonetheless, her treatment by a pair of male strangers was startling:
“[O]ne of them made a comment about how I was a girl. One of them said that he hadn’t gotten pussy since the end of the world. He was pointing a gun at my face. I made a disgusted noise over my mic and started to back up and said his friend wasn’t sure if they should kill me or not. I called him a sick puppy. He said that unfortunately for me, he was into necrophilia , and that he wanted to rape my dead body, and then he shot me.”
After Correa’s screen went dark, the two men made moaning noises at her over her headset while she yelled at them. It’s not clear what in-game, post-apocalyptic advantages these two men acquired by humiliating Correa. But they did get her to put down the game for the night. "I definitely don't want to say what happened to me verbally is as important as if it had happened in real life," she later told WNYC. "But it means something. And I'm not sure what it means."

Full article here

Who the fυck is Tyler? Plus, cyberbullying is not a joke. It's easy to say "just walk away/close your eyes".

Cyberbullying in general isn't a joke. But getting bullied in a multiplayer game from randoms where you can just quit the game or block/mute players with a click is DEFINTELY a joke. The girl who got bullied in DayZ could have muted/blocked those players easily. She could have just quit the game. BUT SHE CHOSE TO CONTINUE..

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk

Cyberbullying in general isn't a joke. But getting bullied in a multiplayer game from randoms where you can just quit the game or block/mute players with a click is DEFINTELY a joke. The girl who got bullied in DayZ could have muted/blocked those players easily. She could have just quit the game. BUT SHE CHOSE TO CONTINUE..

If everyone was that strong, world would have been a better place.

It's the moment. You feel numb and completely lose yourself for a second/minute when someone bullies you. Even after quitting the game, you feel scared to login and play another game/round. It's not so easy.

If everyone was that strong, world would have been a better place.

It's the moment. You feel numb and completely lose yourself for a second/minute when someone bullies you. Even after quitting the game, you feel scared to login and play another game/round. It's not so easy.

Few people tried to bully me in CSGO because of my kiddish voice, simply muted them. It wasn't anything serious but I stopped it when it started.

Cyberbullying in general (mostly done via social networking sites or personal emails where a lot of perosnal information is available) is very seriois though, and I am not denying that. But theres a reason all the games (and steam) has MUTE/BLOCK features.

It doesn't take a lot of bravery to mute a few douchebags when they start talking about things you are uncomfortable with.

Few people tried to bully me in CSGO because of my kiddish voice, simply muted them. It wasn't anything serious but I stopped it when it started.

Cyberbullying in general (mostly done via social networking sites or personal emails where a lot of perosnal information is available) is very seriois though, and I am not denying that. But theres a reason all the games (and steam) has MUTE/BLOCK features.

It doesn't take a lot of bravery to mute a few douchebags when they start talking about things you are uncomfortable with.

I appreciate what you're saying but everyone's wired differently to handle emotional abuse. Which is what bullying is. Sometimes the damage is done even before a mute/block.

Its not just bullying, its about hard work being abused by total whackos. In Dayz it takes time to build your items and stuff up, then only to see the whole time being wasted away in a matter of seconds is the real abuse. In Dota, each game is about 45min, and if the game was hampered by bad connection or some random phone call then people go into total rage...45min wasted + a match lost+harassing by other team....someone has to bear the brunt of all that frustration of 4 people.

Archived