Ask The Experts

Chaztin

PS3 buying advice:

I've searched Croma store in Gurgaon n the one in Vaishali(Gzb)....none of them have the Resistance2 80 gb PS3 bundle, but they're quite eager to sell the 40gb PS3 with resistance: fall of man &simpsons game....am in a fix-

shud i keep luking or juz give in?

wanna buy from croma coz of the extended warranty thingy.

Depends, how much are they asking you for it? If they are selling it off cheap then you can pick it up but otherwise the R2 bundle is a better choice.

Buying Advice:

Not gaming related, but I need an AC in my room while studying since Im having a hard time concentrating in this heat. Since its just that my budget is strictly limited to 20k. I have found two models Samsung - AS10UTA and LG - HS-C096QPA3 interesting, though not able to see much difference between the two except for an anti-Bacteria filter in the LG model. (I live in the city and the room is 12*14 feet) Can someone recommend between the LG and Samsung models?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Edited by Noctis

Sony dealerships may or may not stock it. Look for it at your friendly local grey PS2 accessory shop on the one condition that you'll return it if the quality isn't good.

I've had experiences with crappy component cables which output dull and washed out colors while another PS2 component cable (courtesy:argruid - with which my PS3 is currently hooked up with) looks awesome on my HDTV.

Edited by arun360

All PS2 component cables work with PS3. Just look for a good quality component cable and the video should be almost on par with HDMI at 720p.

Does it work the other way? I can't find any PS2 component cables in the local greymarket.

The proprietary connector on the console end is the same for PS2/PS3. So yes it works the other way.

If it's not Sony, you can never tell the quality of a component cable unless you plug it in and try it out. I got a MadCatz cable from amazon and it sucked bigtime. The one I use currently is unbranded and source is presently unknown since it was passed on, from the previous generation.

I'm pretty sure it's available in grey markets across metros. If you don't live in one of those places, ask a bro to ship it.

Guys,

I have my PS3 and Laptop connected through a Linksys wireless router WRT54G2.

I am trying to stream .mkv movies using PS3 media server but there is significant stuttering.

The reason seems to be that the network is transmitting at 9-10 Mbps while I think HD would require significantly more than that.

I can't figure out if the problem is with the router or the Laptop that is transmitting.

Any pointers would be welcome.

Want to buy a good printer -reasonable price,refilling user friendly,Good colour photo /black and white document prinitng and ink consumption efficient.

If scanner can come with it for not too high price then please suggest me one with scanner too.

buy an hp officejet series...i have the 7400...printer/scanner/photocopier for 11k :wacko: