PS4 'An Error Has Occurred'

Heaven Angel

When I hit download a screen comes up and just says "An error has occurred" I push OK and that's it, When i hit my library same error pops up. No error code or message or number or anything. When i get to PS Store sometime it works and sometimes the error pops again.

My 'What's new' tab and when i hover to a game icon my overview doesn't work. and in multiplayer most of the times it says 'Check your internet connection' though the connection is working just fine.

Restarted my PS4, Router like 100 times now. The worst part is i don't get any error code from which i can find a specific solution. The error just says 'An error has occured'

Anyone else have encountered any of these problems. Please Help!

Is there any Firewall issues or any port forwarding? .. Can i ask my ISP to open all the ports or simply tell them to open specific ports like this..

All games published by SCEA (first-party) and the PlayStation Network may use the following ports for communication with SCEA (first-party) game servers:
TCP Ports: 10050, 10051, 10040 - 10060
UDP Ports: 50000 - 60000

When I hit download a screen comes up and just says "An error has occurred" I push OK and that's it, When i hit my library same error pops up. No error code or message or number or anything. When i get to PS Store sometime it works and sometimes the error pops again.

My 'What's new' tab and when i hover to a game icon my overview doesn't work. and in multiplayer most of the times it says 'Check your internet connection' though the connection is working just fine.

Restarted my PS4, Router like 100 times now. The worst part is i don't get any error code from which i can find a specific solution. The error just says 'An error has occured'

Anyone else have encountered any of these problems. Please Help!

What is your NAT type?

Quoted from Reddit:

1. Go into your router's system settings. It's either 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.0, or 10.0.0.1. Those are the most common, anyway.

2. Go to connected devices (or similar tab) and see what address your PS4 is. It will start with 192.168.0.x

3. Go to advanced settings and locate DMZ mode. This mode allows you to open all ports on a given IP address. Copy the PS4 address in here and hit OK. It should work instantly, but you can reset your PS4 for good measure.

4. Your NAT is now OPEN

Just be aware that if your router is using DHCP which is likely is, then it may assign your PS4 a different IP address each time it's turned off and on again. and as such you would have to change the IP address in the DMZ each time.

To prevent this you'll need to give your PS4 a static IP address, I don't have a PS4 yet but I assume it won't be much different from the PS3, but it may be so take these instructions as an example not a precise guide.

When you set up your connection on your PS4, you'll want to choose manual settings, and then enter the IP address you want to assign your PS4

For the subnet mask enter 255.255.255.0 and either leave the DNS slots blank or set them to 0.0.0.0 and then if you need to enter the "gateway" IP or "default router" IP or something then enter the IP that you found for your router

I think that's everything, then just leave everything else as Automatic if you can.

What is your NAT type?

Quoted from Reddit:

NAT type is 2 .. i think this NAT type is universally accepted in gaming.

Delete your settings or by that I mean reset the settings.

Did that as well, No Luck...

Try google dns

And nat type 1 is the most favoured one

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2

Nat 1 is wired modem directly.

Nat Type 1 means connected directly to the internet without a router !
Nat Type 2 means you're connected through a router properly with no issues !
Nat Type 3 means Connected through a router without open ports or DMZ setup for PS4. Everything should function properly, but you may have connection, voice chat or other issues.

Nat Type 1 means connected directly to the internet without a router !

Nat Type 2 means you're connected through a router properly with no issues !

Nat Type 3 means Connected through a router without open ports or DMZ setup for PS4. Everything should function properly, but you may have connection, voice chat or other issues.

Nat type 1 is the most favourable and good connection in most games.like uncharted, last of us,gran turismo,etc

Nat type 2 usually has problem (lobby problems) but less compared to nat type 3

Trying nat type 1 may solve the problem when compared to nat 2

Trying or not it is upto you

Blacklisted by ?

Don't know, even my ISP don't have an answer.. Dfuk!!

Wtf does that mean? Which ISP?

No idea! .. my freakin dumb ISP .. it was working fine all this time now suddenly it starting creating problems.

Nat type 1 is the most favourable and good connection in most games.like uncharted, last of us,gran turismo,etc

Nat type 2 usually has problem (lobby problems) but less compared to nat type 3

Trying nat type 1 may solve the problem when compared to nat 2

Trying or not it is upto you

Thanks for info.

at the moment am using NAT Type 1 which is quite better than NAT 2 ..

Compatibility issues almost gone.

After going to endless talking with my ISP .. i was given a new static IP

Worked fine till yesterday but now it starting creating sign-in problems..

My net seems to be working fine when i connect it to my lappy but when i plug on my PS4 i am facing sign in problems on PSN

Looks like it's breaking .. i thought this might be PSN issue but no, asked everyone it's working fine for them so probably my net acting up again..

See my gamer tag.. all my games list is gone..

This is crazy..

Have you tried using another DNS service as someone else suggested earlier? Is the Internet working on other devices? If yes then your ip isn't blacklisted.

They gave me new static IP now.. the previous one was blacklisted (atleast for them) ..

the new one worked smooth for 2 days.. but now am facing sign-in problems.. no PSN issues i checked..

Archived