KiranB28

Nope :( Was hoping for one but it's very clear Blizzard invited 99% of popular streamers for the media hype for this first wave. Maybe a month or two down the line... *fingers crossed*

There are suppose to be open weekends..so we'll see..

Overwatch PS4 and Xbox One pop up on Battle.net, launching spring 2016

http://www.vg247.com/2015/11/06/overwatch-ps4-and-xbox-one-pop-up-on-battle-net-launching-spring-2016/

I was expecting it to be F2P but with Gamestop listing of $60 pricetag, i don't know

Very interesting. I think this move makes Blizzard obligated to flesh out the base game fully instead of offering it in payable chunks, like HotS. It could be a very good move, ie: like Diablo 3 and the way it runs. It's hard to believe that they won't start offering player skins very soon after launch though - Blizzard knows how to milk their player base extremely well.

Blizzard confirms Overwatch will not be free to play

overwatch_poster_final_web.jpg

We finally have confirmation that, as we speculated earlier this week, Blizzard's team-based FPS Overwatch will not be free-to-play. Instead, it will be released in three different editions, coming in at three different price points.

The standard edition of Overwatch will include 21 "extraordinary heroes" and sell for $40. For $60, you can upgrade to the Overwatch Origins Edition, which tacks on five "Origin Skins" that tie into the game's lore—Overgrown Bastion, Blackwatch Reyes, Slipstream Tracer, Strike-Commander Morrison, and Security Chief Pharah—and bonus items for other Blizzard games: Mercy's Wings for Diablo 3, six in-game portraits for StarCraft 2, an Overwatch card back, a Baby Winston pet for World of Warcraft, and the Tracer hero in Heroes of the Storm.

And finally, for the big spenders out there, is the physical Collector's Edition, which bears a $130 price tag and comes with a source book, soundtrack, a statue of Soldier 76, and of course everything that's included with the Origins Edition.

Source: PCGamer

Anyone tried the beta here with controller?

I believe nobody over here has access to the beta..Only reputed streamers have access to it currently..There will be open weekends once Blizzcon is over..No dates given..Once we get access we can say..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was fortunate enough to get into the closed beta in this past wave of invites :)

Played about 5-6 hours so far and the game's been dominating my time and interest ever since. The character variety is OUTSTANDING and each one feels distinctly different than the other. Each character has a specific role (Offense/Defense/Tank/Support) and there are a LOT of fun characters to play for each role!

Favorites so far:

- Offense: Genji. Has double jump fast speed, a fast dashing attack and his primary attack lets you throw awesome ninja stars. Also has a deflect ability that deflects incoming projectiles for a few seconds. Amazingly mobile, fun and deadly if used in the right situations.

- Defense: Mei. She has a freeze ray, and can build annoying 5-second ice-walls on-demand with her ability. Super effective.

- Tank: D'Va. Feels like you're a true mech-commander. Has a 2-3 second rocket boost, and unlimited shotgun ammo. When your mech blows up, she ejects from the mech and you can run around and shoot people with your blaster pistol. Amazing!

- Support: Zenyatta, without a doubt. A serene, monk-type figure that floats through combat passing out two types of orbs: either a healing orb for your teammate, or a debuff orb for enemies allowing them to take more damage. Primary attack shoots out ninja-like waves from your hands... great at mid/long distance.

Aside from the above there are so many other fun characters. Just the tip of the iceberg!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

I'm still waiting for BETA. iKNnCJZ.gif

1. How fast is the gameplay?
  2. How long does round last?
  3. List of modes and player limit?

Doubt it's going to be pay2win. Usually Blizzard sells only cosmetic, which is fine by me. Oh, and, thanks for sharing.

(I see, you get Hearthstone cardback, Diablo III wings, etc, goodies on pre-ordering..hmm)

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for BETA. iKNnCJZ.gif

1. How fast is the gameplay?
  2. How long does round last?
  3. List of modes and player limit?

Doubt it's going to be pay2win. Usually Blizzard sells only cosmetic, which is fine by me. Oh, and, thanks for sharing.

(I see, you get Hearthstone cardback, Diablo III wings, etc, goodies on pre-ordering..hmm)

1. Fast! I like the fact that games are 6v6. Maps aren't as big as TF2, but the action is still very hectic around control points and payloads. What I like about the maps is there are plenty of:

a. Points to semi-camp (for ranged characters)

b. Points to lay down defensive measures / turrets

c. Ways to counter both a. and b. above with the offense-themed characters :D From teleporting, to blinking, to running at super speed, to straight up tanking the sh*t out of the objective, it's so so fun overall.

2. 10 minutes? Max 15? Feels perfect - not too short but not too drawn-out.

3. Not sure about all the different modes - right now I just think 2 are included (control points, and moving a payload).

Blizz has confirmed many times that all characters and maps, both present and future releases will not be sold separately. All purchases will be cosmetic/preferential only.

Want to try BETA myself before buying. If it's herp-derp fast like CoD and feel nauseous within few minutes, I might have to skip it. VW04SLd.gif

Second, have to see how well it does. Given this is only PvP (?), non-steam and 6v6, it might be hard even for Blizzard.

Cheers. Hvm19NW.gif

Edit: some nice streams on Twitch, if anybody fancies.

Edited by Heaven Angel