Red Dead Redemption

Cortez

He is asking how to fast travel...

i didn't ask how to fast travel. i asked whether fast travel was possible between the 2 countries.

also, the stagecoach taxi is for morons who don't fast travel using the camp site. are you one of them?

i love how john marston can drown in 10cm of water, completely invalidating what you've done in the last hour of gameplay. f**king hopeless design there rockstar.

just stay out of that water then.. :ack:

its used to keep u away from mehikko before u are meant to go there. a lazy tactic, agreed but they cant always use the old earthquake-road closed thing now can they.

one thing i don't like is how disposable the characters are... especially since they are so good. bonnie mcfarlane, nigel west dickens... all great characters that are gone from the game now. would have been nice to at least have them around.

famous last words.

keep faith in R* boyo, its not over till the credits roll; is all i have to say.

Edited by Jim's dad

just stay out of that water then.. :ack:

its used to keep u away from mehikko before u are meant to go there. a lazy tactic, agreed but they cant always use the old earthquake-road closed thing now can they.

i drowned in mexico. clearing out a bandit hideout where you have to use molotovs on some boats... i walked to the edge of the water to throw it and next thing i know, i was dead. how can i drown in water that doesn't reach my ankles?

I drowned only once during my 40 hours of RDR. You usually don't have to go near water except for one mission (and I didn't drown there, I fell into a swamp in Thieves Landing... LOL). The lack of a swimming option didn't bother me at all. There are so many other great things in the game... like poker and hunting.

@spin... save often! At least be thankful that this time Rockstar decided to give you a "save anywhere" option unlike GTA. Also the game doesn't actually invalidate a significant amount of gameplay if you die and respawn. You typically lose collected items but that's about it. In missions it simply sets you back to a checkpoint. I think you're just being too harsh on the game. Yes it has flaws but those are pretty insignificant when you look at the game as a whole. At least it's not frustrating clusterf**k like GTA IV.

@ayush... it ain't over until the credits start rolling. Go to Blackwater...

Edited by Mr. Charles

I swear man... I thought for a week that I'm on the last mission and would complete it sooner or later before I got bored with it... Yesterday I took up the challenge to complete it i.e. death of Dutch... And, It ain't over!!!! Now, I'm running my ranch, literally!! :O :O :O

Edited by Madhav

@spin... save often! At least be thankful that this time Rockstar decided to give you a "save anywhere" option unlike GTA. Also the game doesn't actually invalidate a significant amount of gameplay if you die and respawn. You typically lose collected items but that's about it. In missions it simply sets you back to a checkpoint. I think you're just being too harsh on the game. Yes it has flaws but those are pretty insignificant when you look at the game as a whole. At least it's not frustrating clusterf**k like GTA IV.

yea that's what i lost... an hour's worth of gathering items, which included the annoying plants i have to find, shooting rabbits which i suck at, killing wolves with melee which i figured out later and a whole bunch of sh*t that would have gotten me a lot of money. i was just wandering around the map looking for plants when i chanced upon the gang hideout, and walking into 3cm of water killed me. so yea, pretty annoying and pretty stupid.

Got my disc today..would start the SP today :) How long is the game ?

15-18 hours if you stick only to the main story. But if you do just that you'd be missing 60% of what the game has to offer.

It took me around 40 hours to get to 100% completion.

yea that's what i lost... an hour's worth of gathering items, which included the annoying plants i have to find, shooting rabbits which i suck at, killing wolves with melee which i figured out later and a whole bunch of sh*t that would have gotten me a lot of money. i was just wandering around the map looking for plants when i chanced upon the gang hideout, and walking into 3cm of water killed me. so yea, pretty annoying and pretty stupid.

That's why I kept saving each time I found a few of the "annoying items". You could have gotten killed any other way. A cougar could have jumped you from behind.

Edited by Mr. Charles

By the other things do you mean side missions or smthn like tht buddy ?

Side Missions (called Stranger missions here)

Ambient Challenges (there are four types of challenges with multiple levels)

Unlocking Outfits

Gang hideouts

Mini-games

Random missions/events

etc...

Edited by Mr. Charles

@ayush... it ain't over until the credits start rolling. Go to Blackwater...

:hug:

WTF! No mission prompts or anything else there.

i was confused when i didn't see any credits . Thanks man will pay a visit to Kaalapaani.

gimme a 100% chklist please :)

I'm at 82-85. don't remember exactly.