Goodbyes thread

Sackboy

I dont now why I should be the one starting this thread but someone had to .

I am gonna go to 12th class now and I have been feeling the noose of my future tightening everyday now , I have been doing abysmally bad in my studies and I guess this is time to put a stop to it . I will be leaving IVG for a year now till I get into a good college . I have already left gaming as people in my friend list on PSN might have already seen .

Future is uncertain and I want to make sure i succeed , I consider myself more intelligent than the other kids but my performance has been worse than them and i feel it is time to prove my mettel .

I hope i will be in IIT or somewhere good by the time i become active again on IVG ..

A big shout out to all the friends I have in IVG and I hope you guys are here next year too.

Sorry Avkash I wont be able to play Batman Arkham City till my holidays at least ...

DISCLAIMER : I am not leaving IVG but my activity will keep on diminishing henceforth , reaching lows never attained before but that does not mean I will stop posting at all ..

:scratchchin: I think it's all about balance, a person should be strong enough to control the urge, little bit of FUN time never hurts anyone, but it's when people loose that balance and get addicted to something thereby shifting to an extreme that causes problems, it goes exactly the same when someone decides to give everything up for study or anything else, that is also an extreme position, which is in no way healthy.

I for one, make it a point to work hard on weekdays, an hour of gaming at night, and if ever a late session then be it during holidays.

Just my 2 cents !!! Best of Luck for your studies

u needn't stop everything and study 24x7 for IIT/MBBS .... just have a strict schedule and manage time properly :good: being online for a 1-2 hrs/day won't hurt anything :)

The kind of vast portion u have in IIT preps and 1st year MBBS is pathetic . .

I just completd my terms a week back . I didnt go online on FB for almost a month . . :(

Plus what Saint soldier said u have to have a balance between studies and gaming which I dont have neither do most of the ppl out here have :P . . Was addicted to Xbox 360 and Dota on PC :fear:

:scratchchin: I think it's all about balance, a person should be strong enough to control the urge, little bit of FUN time never hurts anyone, but it's when people loose that balance and get addicted to something thereby shifting to an extreme that causes problems, it goes exactly the same when someone decides to give everything up for study or anything else, that is also an extreme position, which is in no way healthy.

I for one, make it a point to work hard on weekdays, an hour of gaming at night, and if ever a late session then be it during holidays.

Just my 2 cents !!! Best of Luck for your studies

Thats the problem :( i can control myself :( if could then it was fine ...

I started playing pokemon white , 1 week 25 hours and its done :(

Well if it helps, i had the same problem before, but then i realised that whenever i would decide to get my life balanced i would shift from one extreme to the other, much like ' Thaali Ka Baingan', but then i realised it was because i was trying to change everything at one go, so i decided to take small steps, it started with deciding to sleep on exact same time everyday No matter what, and then i started building on it.

Will power is like everything in life, it takes time and effort to build and instant results should not be expected, much like a small babay starting to walk, he doesn't start running the first day, he first takes small steps with help from parents, similarly is career and everything else in life. it's when people want instant results that they end neither here or there.

And i think you are also doing the same, changing from one extreme to another, and it won't be healthy in the long run, even if you get the college of your choice, or the course that you always wanted.

Even the smallest Atom is looking for stability, but when you take that position to extremes you get an Atomic Bomb, same is with life :bigyellowgrin:

Anant bro :( don't go.

Manage your time well. But if you feel it's better to stay away for a better future in the long term, I support you :hug:

Thanks bro :(

WAIT its 7 o clock already ?? ?WTF FUUUUUUU I hate how you never see where time flies ...

I am off :( my study table awaits ..

Well if it helps, i had the same problem before, but then i realised that whenever i would decide to get my life balanced i would shift from one extreme to the other, much like ' Thaali Ka Baingan', but then i realised it was because i was trying to change everything at one go, so i decided to take small steps, it started with deciding to sleep on exact same time everyday No matter what, and then i started building on it.

Will power is like everything in life, it takes time and effort to build and instant results should not be expected, much like a small babay starting to walk, he doesn't start running the first day, he first takes small steps with help from parents, similarly is career and everything else in life. it's when people want instant results that they end neither here or there.

And i think you are also doing the same, changing from one extreme to another, and it won't be healthy in the long run, even if you get the college of your choice, or the course that you always wanted.

Even the smallest Atom is looking for stability, but when you take that position to extremes you get an Atomic Bomb, same is with life :bigyellowgrin:

Repped and sigged

u needn't stop everything and study 24x7 for IIT/MBBS .... just have a strict schedule and manage time properly :good: being online for a 1-2 hrs/day won't hurt anything :)

Ever tried explaining that to parents?

Anant I suggest you keep gaming a bit ( offline ) but yes social networks do distract! So yes stay away till you reach your goal :good:

I keep trying to do this but its not easy :(

Archived