Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning

tridenthawk

I would rate it on par with Skyrim when it comes to story/setting and quests. This is mostly because Skyrim itself was mostly disappointing, especially relative to Oblivion.

IMO it's not fair to compare combat with Scrolls games. TES aims for Souls-like weighty/realistic gameplay (and fails hard), but Amalur aims for Darksiders-like gameplay and succeeds comfortably. Not only is it very fun to play, but it also looks supercool (I'm a full on faeblade rogue lvl 25ish and combat is way more stylish than even DMC).

One notable achievement is combat doesn't get stale as the game goes on. This was a problem is Skyrim for me(magic got weeaaak later on, and melee is just get in their face and clickity click). The ability trees are very well designed, and keep combat fresh for a long time.

I'm at the point in the game where I'm sick of doing sidequests and just want to get on with the main quest.

PS: Also amazed at the shortage of bugs in the game. The only significant bugs I've seen are a set of Ballad's armor that I simply can't remove from my inventory, and the camera occasionally getting stuck at the ground level for a few seconds during which you might as well be playing blind.

20 hours into the game now

Good -

Combat

Main quest

Faction quests

Fantastic leveling system

Bad-

Side quests

Character creation (worst character creation ever)

Invisible walls (game is full of IW lol )

No jump option

Shitty looking characters

Overall its not as good as Skyrim...Skyrim beats it in every department except combat.....

PS: Also amazed at the shortage of bugs in the game

Unlike Skyrim most of the stuff is scripted in Amalur..It doesn't have radiant A.I system like Skyrim..Radiant A.I system is responsible for most of the bugs in Skyrim...lol..Amalur is nowhere near Skyrim in size and contents

so, which class are you guys playing? btw, the game is still not available here :(

Started off with a Finesse (Faeblade) + Sorcery (Chakram) combo.... got a little boring/redundant after the first 8-9 hours.

Found a Fateweaver and switched to a Battlemaster Build - Battle (Greatsword) + Finesse (Archery), and haven't looked back since. Been playing for a total of 17 hours so far (so about 7 hours with the Battlemaster) and if anything, the game's a bit TOO easy, even on the Hard difficulty level. My total armor is about 250 on my Level 9 character and I can withstand a large number of hits before going down. Combined with my health-regen gear, there's really no challenge left for most of the battles. A bit puzzling/disappointing since i'm apparently playing on the hardest difficulty level... and apparently, a lot of others on different message boards are facing the same issue, the game's just too easy once you get some quality gear (blacksmithing and sagecrafting).

Regardless, playing the BM is fun :D

Beat this :}

bcMPO.jpg

aX9SW.jpg

BTW, fyi bows are friggin broken in this game. The lvl5 Finesse ability Scattershot is to blame for this. It causes you to fire 7 arrows in an arc when you use a power shot. Which is fine. What breaks it is you can hit the same target 7 times if they are close enough. Getting annoyed by enemies who dash/blink towards you? Charge an arrow and let it into their face when they do that. They'll get flung to Middle Earth mid-dash. Once I discovered this I've been using my faeblades only to steal health occasionally, and bows for the real work.

@zoda

The helmet, gauntlets and boots are from the Vengeance set. The rest is from the Warsworn set.

@hell

kaun sa level hai tera?mein to abhi level 20 ke aaju baju honga,armor ke stats ache hai par dekhne mein not so good.combat is soo easy...i can beat this game without any armor on normal :P

par jab bhi kaha se mili?chest,leg,gloves,helmet etc etc kaha se mila?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

best sword kaun sa hai game mein?2H sword?abhi tak to Kellerac's sword best hai.

name and location of the inns selling backpacks plz :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

right now i'm playing with 2H sword(kelleac's sword) n chakrams(ek chakarm mila hidden place se uske 2 hits mein sab mar jate :P .pink colour ka hai chakarm)

another pic with the shield-

2012021100048.jpg

Backpack upgrade

# Backpack Upgrade:

Settlement: Gorhart, Odarst

Trader: The Corner Shop, sold by Rikka Egest

# Backpack Upgrade:

Settlement: Rathir, Tywili Coast

Trader: Scholia Arcana, sold by Wil Donall

# Backpack Upgrade:

Settlement: Ysa, The Sidhe

Trader: Asker’s Alley, sold by Riona Helt

# Backpack Upgrade:

Settlement: Domus Politica, Adessa

Trader: Senecer Macit

# Backpack Upgrade:

Settlement: Mel Senshir (after the boss battle)

Archived