Silent Hill HD Collection

playstation

Silent Hill HD Collection

Developer-Konami

Publisher-Konami

System-PS3,Xbox 360

Release-September 2011

Description

Konami has confirmed that the Silent Hill HD Collection will only be coming to the PlayStation 3 when it ships this fall. The package will include HD updates for Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, which were originally released in 2001 and 2003, respectively. Konami has also added all-new voice acting, as well as PlayStation Network trophy support.

Konami also offered a smattering of additional details for Silent Hill: Book of Memories, which is in development for the PlayStation Vita. Though its release date remains to be announced, Konami said that the handheld title will feature an all-new storyline with a host of returning creatures from the Silent Hill universe. It will also include a soundtrack from composer Daniel Licht.

yaar i am very excited abt this...silent 2 and 3 both epic games...simply epic....I wich though they bought SH1 also....it feels that SH collection is incomplete....i would have nto mind if they had left out 4....but 1 was bit not right.....still cant wait to get it. :wOOtjumpy:

Silent Hill 3 on HD would be epic (well the game was on PC anyways).

I mean this was on frigging PS2, which couldn't even do bump mapping !

sh3_screen006.jpg

Maybe I can finally finish SH2 now.

LOL not really. I can probably get an hour into it before pussying out. :lol:

Although I am definitely buying it. If only for posterity.

Maybe I can finally finish SH2 now.

LOL not really. I can probably get an hour into it before pussying out. :lol:

Although I am definitely buying it. If only for posterity.

:lol: in my case ...Give me any horror games and movies and tell me to play even in middle of a jungle in the darkest hour of the night and i will play it....i like that haunted feeling getting to me.....i try to play SH games when no one at home and in the night just to feel that way....

but give me FPS and incase i am not liking it ...i may even throw up... :giggle:

Yeah. I never played SH. Maybe a bit of SH4 but that was it.

Okay.

You dont know what u have missed.....Silent hill is just not psychological thriller game.....italso has one of the best Music in Video Gaming Ever.

Start with Silent Hill 1 it is available on PSN For Just $5-$10 i think...also if you want to start you can start with Silent hill :shattered Dreams(it is available both on ps2 and Wii).............that game did my psychological test by asking me several questions in game and asking me to colour ....it studied me...with what answers i gave and what colours i choosed....and at the end of game it tells u about your self and i swear to god it was almost HundredPercent Correct....when it started telling me about my self......i was literally like this ----> :surprise: ......i after that i went to study on the net as how come the game was so correct and i read that they made this game with help of some psycholigical studies expert in Japan. the silent games are that mindf**k games....try it you may want to play every silent hill game after that.....and also to point out...SH4 is the kinda weakest game in the series....

Same, even I didn't play it. But I got bashed though for admitting it like a man.

http://www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16108&view=findpost&p=712915

and i am not sure if you will play this hd version also...as i dont think they will add trophies to SH series....Sh is another one of those game that u dont want trophies for....it just does not feel right and without trophies u dont even look at a game. :chair:

Yeah somehow I really don't think first time players will appreciate SH2/3 as much as fans did back when they were released. I tried playing SH2 just a few weeks ago and although it still has the same appeal, gameplay-wise it really hasn't aged well. Still that doesn't change my opinion about it. It was the most memorable experience I've ever had with a video game and the first title that made me realize that video games can be something more than just "being fun". The story, character development, writing and soundtrack are better than 90% of the horror/thriller movies released in the last 10 years or so.

Yeah somehow I really don't think first time players will appreciate SH2/3 as much as fans did back when they were released. I tried playing SH2 just a few weeks ago and although it still has the same appeal, gameplay-wise it really hasn't aged well. Still that doesn't change my opinion about it. It was the most memorable experience I've ever had with a video game and the first title that made me realize that video games can be something more than just "being fun". The story, character development, writing and soundtrack are better than 90% of the horror/thriller movies released in the last 10 years or so.

Yeah u play Sh game for its story,music and the atmosphere .

BTW they should have included SH4 here. It was a perfectly good game. In fact I liked it more than 3. It had a disappointing beginning but really picked up about halfway through. The last third (with all the random hauntings) was terrifying!

Also, Eileen :wub:

BTW they should have included SH4 here. It was a perfectly good game. In fact I liked it more than 3. It had a disappointing beginning but really picked up about halfway through. The last third (with all the random hauntings) was terrifying!

Also, Eileen :wub:

I liked Eileen too...very nicely designed character ....abt Sh4 ...i still think it was the weakest game in Sh series ( i am not comparing it with origins and all but 1,2,3,and homecoming) ....though having said that it was still a great game and u pointed out right ...it starts of okayish but gets good in the middle....

Silent Hill HD Collection spooking PS3 this fall

LOS ANGELES--When Konami releases the Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders HD Collections this November and next year, respectively, Xbox gamers will for the first time have a chance to experience the highly regarded franchises. However, Xbox 360 owners hoping for a similar high-definition update with the Silent Hill HD Collection shouldn't hold their breath.

Silent Hill 2's HD update appears to be limited to the PS3.

Konami has confirmed that the Silent Hill HD Collection will only be coming to the PlayStation 3 when it ships this fall. The package will include HD updates for Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, which were originally released in 2001 and 2003, respectively. Konami has also added all-new voice acting, as well as PlayStation Network trophy support.

Konami also offered a smattering of additional details for Silent Hill: Book of Memories, which is in development for the PlayStation Vita. Though its release date remains to be announced, Konami said that the handheld title will feature an all-new storyline with a host of returning creatures from the Silent Hill universe. It will also include a soundtrack from composer Daniel Licht.

As Konami indicated at its VIP interview session earlier this week, Book of Memories will also introduce multiplayer to the Silent Hill universe. That experience consists of a co-op mode, where players work together to survive Silent Hill's treacherous environments.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6318672/e3-2011-silent-hill-hd-collection-spooking-ps3-this-fall

Archived