dfdc-002-1.jpg

DFDC-08.png

Title: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Genre: Adventure, Indie, RPG, Strategy

Developer: Harebrained Schemes

Publisher: Harebrained Holdings

Release Date: 18 Sep, 2014

About the Game

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut is a standalone release of Harebrained Schemes' critically-acclaimed Dragonfall campaign, which first premiered as a major expansion for Shadowrun Returns. The Director's Cut adds a host of new content and enhancements to the original game: 5 all-new missions, alternate endings, new music, a redesigned interface, team customization options, a revamped combat system, and more - making it the definitive version of this one-of-a-kind cyberpunk RPG experience.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Features

A Classic, Story-Driven cRPG: See why PC Gamer hailed Dragonfall as “one of the most memorable and complex RPG stories of the decade.” Dragonfall hearkens back to the golden age of computer RPG’s with a novel-like branching narrative full of sharp prose and deep character development. Immerse yourself in a smart, 20+ hour campaign with a diverse cast of all-too-human characters.

A One-of-a-Kind Cyberpunk Setting: Experience the unique “Tech meets Magic” dystopian future of Shadowrun, a fan-favorite game setting now celebrating it’s 25th anniversary. Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut is the perfect entry point to the setting for those with no prior Shadowrun experience, while providing plenty of classic Shadowrun characters and tech for veteran players to sink their teeth into.

Command Your Team: Lead a small team of shadowrunners - each with their own outlook, motivations, and backstory. The members of your team are designed to play contrasting roles during missions, and each has a distinct set of skills, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. But it’s not all about the mission - each team member also has challenges to face in their own lives, which you can choose to brush aside or play an important part in.

Gripping, Turn-Based Tactical Combat: When you’re running the shadows, every turn matters. Choose your actions wisely - move to better cover, charge into melee, or lob a fireball into a crowd of enemies. With over 200 weapons and spells at your disposal, every turn is filled with meaningful choices.

Skill-Based Character Progression: Choose a starting character archetype and build from there! Street Samurai and Physical Adepts use advanced combat skills to dominate the battlefield, Shamans and Mages summon powerful allies and cast deadly spells, while Riggers and Deckers provide critical technological support, projecting their consciousness directly into drones and computer systems. Shadowrun: Dragonfall’s classless skill system allows you to grow your character in any direction you choose.

New in the Director’s Cut

Standalone: Due to popular demand, Dragonfall is now a completely standalone title!

Five All-New Missions: The Director’s Cut features five all-new original missions, including three related directly to the personal stories of your team members. These missions take you to previously-unseen locales - both within the Flux State and beyond - where you’ll have to face challenging enemies and make tough choices in order to help your team members prevail.

Revamped Combat System: The Dragonfall combat system has received a major overhaul. An all-new armor system adds another tactical layer to the experience, while refined cover and damage mechanics emphasize the importance of battlefield positioning. Complementing these improvements is an upgraded AI system which reacts more intelligently and accurately to your actions.

Redesigned Interface: The Dragonfall in-game interface has also been rebuilt. Spells, items and abilities are now much easier to access, while improved combat feedback allows you to fully understand the tactical situation in any given encounter.

Customize Your Team: Guide your team members as they progress in each of their unique roles, choosing between different focus options to grant them new items and abilities. In addition, if you don’t like a team member’s default spell, item or weapon loadout, you can now customize what they bring on each mission.

Ten New Pieces of Original Music: Fan-favorite composer Jon Everist brings ten new tracks of moody cyberpunk music to the Dragonfall experience, including compositions based on the stories of individual members of your team.

The Complete Dragonfall Soundtrack: As a free bonus, the Director’s Cut includes the entire soundtracks from both Dragonfall AND our previous title, Shadowrun Returns. This also includes the brand new tracks exclusive to the Director’s Cut. Featuring music from the composers of the classic Shadowrun SEGA and SNES games, this exciting cyberpunk soundtrack pays homage to the past with a modern sentiment.

And Much More:

• Steam Achievements!
  • Steam Trading Cards - collect your favorite Dragonfall characters
  • All-new alternate endings to the main campaign
  • Enhanced visual effects including splatter and dismemberment, improved animations, and optional post-processing effects
  • New bioware augmentations provide an extra edge on the battlefield… if you’ve got the nuyen
  • A variety of new items, cyberware & spells
  • Additional player customization options
  • Expanded character development for several side characters
  • Writing and design tweaks and polish throughout!

I didn't receive an auto-update. Do you update from inside the game?

I am not sure if i follow your problem ,but if you have the shadowrun dragonfall dlc you should get it in your library as a separate game.try the link for the store page in your steam app some people have reported that once they navigate to the store page ,they get the game in their library.

Just found it. My Library was only showing 'Installed' games.

Thanks, guys.

No problem

Just a heads up ,original version of the game is also being created ,with the new update,the set up will be transferred to dragonfall mod section .Here is the link

The mod has been shifted to dragonfall director's cut ,here is the steam page
Progress of the mod can be tracked here:

MOD

Shadowrun Unlimited

Steam page:

DESCRIPTION

Shadowrun Unlimited is designed to be more than a simple campaign; it's the world of Shadowrun.
-Replayable Runs with random elements, assigned randomly by fixers from their "pool" of runs. Fixers may offer many jobs, but only offer a few at a time. Shadowrunners don't always get to pick exactly what jobs they want to work.
-Sandbox style gameplay.
-Players gain Street Cred for completing runs, along with Karma and Nuyen rewards. Street Cred allows the player to access higher level fixers and merchants.
-Completing runs will cause the player to gain both Heat and Notoriety. Heat causes Lone Star to spawn with greater frequency, and Notoriety will cause them to attack on sight (once a certain threshhold is reached). Heat can also be increased by setting off alarms during runs.
-Players can rent a variety of Safe Houses. Safe houses allow the player to rest and recover their health, as well as lower their Heat rating. More expensive safe houses provide access to cheap support items, more efficient healing, and eventually character buffs. Players can purchase an upgradeable safe house and customize it as they see fit.
-Assault Rifles, SMG's and Shotguns are illegal. If the Lone Star stops you with one of these weapons they will attempt an arrest, violently. This can be avoided buy acquiring a forged Weapon Permit.
-Players can buy DocWagon contracts, which allow them to respawn inside the same zone upon death. The better the contract, the more respawns that are allowed, and the cheaper the service charge. This is however optional for new characters that are having trouble making ends meet.
-Characters with high Charisma are able to negotiate for a little something extra when they are offered a job.
-Designed for new characters. Slower paced gameplay, with money "sinks". Don't expect to max out your character in one sitting, and getting started in Seattle isn't going to be easy. But once you get your feet wet, you'll be making steady money.
-A Taxi System that can be used to travel between all the hub zones.
-NPC runners are hired, and follow you throughout the world until the job is complete (or they are defeated). Players no longer hire runners on a per-map basis. Getting runners killed will increase their future hiring costs, but performing successful runs with them will level it back out.
-A Commlink System that allows players to call their contacts, such as fixers, runners, and of course the taxi. Runners hired over the phone will arrive at the players location within a few seconds. *The Commlink is accessed by clicking on your character, outside of combat.
-There is a basic journal system built in. Whenever you activate your commlink, a brief message will appear guiding you in the right direction.
-A day and night cycle to help bring the world to life. Watch the sun rise and set as you sit idle. Transitioning zones speeds up the process. Some encounters will only happen during certain times of the day.
-A branching story that will take players down different paths depending upon the choices they make. These choices will exclude other options, and create proper repercussions to decisions. And once this story runs it's course, I will begin building another. No need to import characters into a new UGC, you can just wake up in your Safehouse and kick off your next adventure.
-A global Matrix that can be accessed from any jack-points in the world (aside from run maps). Deckers can now hack into the Matrix before a run starts and open MagLock doors, disable security cameras, and more before the team arrives at the run location. When not hacking the Matrix for a run, deckers can earn extra cash by delving into data nodes and retrieving files. There is a certain fixer hanging his hat Downtown that is willing to pay for stolen data files.
-Six special matrix programs, that act like matrix-only attributes. Masking, Exploit, Spoof, Delete, Edit, and Browse. They expand the potential of the matrix, as well as expanding decker growth potential beyond the two skills. Players can now upgrade their Deck Storage to allow for more data files to be downloaded when raiding Datastore.
-A unique system hidden in the world that allows players to weaken their characters in exchange for special rewards, effectively allowing infinite karma spending.
-Integrated Tracker's Street Samurai's Catalogue. Fleshed out the rest of the items such as spells and cyberdecks to fall in-line with the same financial scale as Tracker's cyberware.
*This UGC is not "finished". The current story is not complete, and the world is not completely "fleshed out". This is completely playable, but is under a constant state of development with on average, a large update every week (not including bug fixes). This game will probabaly never be "done" as I will always be expanding upon it, so don't be afraid to jump in now.

• 10 months later...

So just started this, only a few hours in and the writing in this game is absolutely phenomenal. Reminds me so much of "Choose your own adventure" novels. Artstyle is fantastic too. Everything drips with atmosphere. Loving it so far.

Best thing? Works on the shittastic office PC. So I am playing this at work. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Finished it.

Absolutely loved it. Probably my favorite game of the year so far. Very solid writing throughout. Ending was pretty well done too. The whole story arc had good closing, it felt like a interesting book-ended story that would exist in the universe naturally. The gameplay was solid too. Felt like a good cross of Xcom with RPG mechanics. It took about 20 hours and I do wish there was more content gameplay wise (more spells, sidequests etc) but considering the company and the game's origin, I felt like they did good. Plus, it never really felt like it wasted my time with pointless fetch quests, kill 20 of X creatures etc kinda nonsense. Also loved that dialogue options gave you a ton of side routes and alternate paths. Kinda reminded me of Deus Ex that way.

Anyway, very highly recommended if you like RPGs or turn based games and especially if you like both.

So yeah, Day 1 for Shadowrun HongKong

Finished it.

Absolutely loved it. Probably my favorite game of the year so far. Very solid writing throughout. Ending was pretty well done too. The whole story arc had good closing, it felt like a interesting book-ended story that would exist in the universe naturally. The gameplay was solid too. Felt like a good cross of Xcom with RPG mechanics. It took about 20 hours and I do wish there was more content gameplay wise (more spells, sidequests etc) but considering the company and the game's origin, I felt like they did good. Plus, it never really felt like it wasted my time with pointless fetch quests, kill 20 of X creatures etc kinda nonsense. Also loved that dialogue options gave you a ton of side routes and alternate paths. Kinda reminded me of Deus Ex that way.

Anyway, very highly recommended if you like RPGs or turn based games and especially if you like both.

So yeah, Day 1 for Shadowrun HongKong

if you want more content, there are pretty good story mods in the community. It's just a click away, see if you like any of em.

I thought about it. But I dont wanna burn out on the gameplay this close to SR HKs release.

I think I will play that and try out community content afterwards if I havent had my fill.

Archived