Official Wii-U Thread

Thanks again playstation. Which one did you opt for? Standard or AmazonGlobal Standard?

If I choose Standard, this is what I get

Order Summary
Items: GBP 166.66 Postage & Packing: GBP 8.48 Total before VAT: GBP 175.14 VAT: GBP 0.00

(Order Total: GBP 175.14)

Payment Total:

INR 18,072.38

AmazonGlobal Standard shows this?

Order Summary
Items: GBP 166.66 Postage & Packing: GBP 10.99 Total before VAT: GBP 177.65 VAT: GBP 0.00 Import Fees Deposit GBP 54.90

(Order Total: GBP 232.55)

Payment Total: INR 23,996.42

I remember about external storage. Thanks for reminding me.

You are the most welcome.

if you go for amazon global ...you will be charged import duty for sure..if you go for standard and Allah is meharban on you ...then you might save the custom money ..saving above Rs6k .

So is it true that the digital games are still tied to the console and not your NNID? Or have they made changes to this silly policy?

Nope no changes

But still buy a Wii u and play with me :P

Good morning PS bro :P

yaar mera ko itna idea hi nahi hai Nintendo ka kya online rules hai and all..Itna chutiyarule hoga hum socha nahi tha...

I really hope i would be able to justify my wii u purchase....saalon ka arman hai mera Nintendo console lena ka (atleast once in my life time) ...ab bas regret nahi karoon.

Games are tied to your NNID and your console, which is why you should create a club Nintendo account and tie your NNID to it so there's a record. If you lose your console or it stops working, you can contact Ninty and they'll transfer licenses to new console.

But yeah this is a backward-a*s system, which is why I avoid buying digital unless there's no choice. For eg I wanted to buy Pikmin 3 which is more than a year old, so I thought it won't be more than $40, right? Well..

http://www.amazon.com/Pikmin-3-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B0050SWBAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417280586&sr=8-1&keywords=pikmin+3

Games are tied to your NNID and your console, which is why you should create a club Nintendo account and tie your NNID to it so there's a record. If you lose your console or it stops working, you can contact Ninty and they'll transfer licenses to new console.

But yeah this is a backward-a*s system, which is why I avoid buying digital unless there's no choice. For eg I wanted to buy Pikmin 3 which is more than a year old, so I thought it won't be more than $40, right? Well..

http://www.amazon.com/Pikmin-3-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B0050SWBAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417280586&sr=8-1&keywords=pikmin+3

sala Nintendo mein koi koi game mein Release date ka price sab se lowest hai.... :lol:

bohat gandha attitude hai lekin ....Itna kam copies nikalega ki third party sellers start taking advantage of it.

Please let me know if any of you guys see a deal on Mario Kart 8. It was coming with a $15 Amazon gift card recently, but I missed that deal and am regretting it now.

BTW, just ordered 2xRefurbished Wii remote plus nunchuk and a refurbished Super Mario Bros. Wii from the Nintendo Store. Was also about to order a Pro controller from Play-Asia(it's $40 there as compared to $50 anywhere in the States) but can't see any free shipping option. Has Play-Asia stopped giving free shipping?

MK8 was going for $35 this morning while I was asleep :(

sala Nintendo mein koi koi game mein Release date ka price sab se lowest hai.... :lol:

bohat gandha attitude hai lekin ....Itna kam copies nikalega ki third party sellers start taking advantage of it.

The GC adapter for Wii U has an MRP of $20, and this is what it is going for

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-GameCube-Adapter-Wii-U/dp/B00L3LQ1FI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417281563&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+u+gc+adapter

:rofl:

BTW, about that GC adapter thingy, a gamecube controller along with adapter is currently pre-orderable at Play-Asia at a sane price(unlike Amazon), but I don't know what their shipping policies are these days. It seems like they don't do free shipping anymore.

I haven't seen how big the tablet actually is, but I feel that it may not be convenient to play with for more than 2-3 hours straight.

Also, how long does the battery last? Nintendo sells a spare 2550mAh battery pack for ~$30 on its store, but I didn't get it in my last order, and probably won't be able to get it anytime soon(as f**kers charge $5 for shipping per order, so will only order multiple items from their store whenever I'm ordering). Can the battery be recharged using a standard USB port?

Archived