Capcom: "'On disc DLC no different than download"

Capcom: "'On disc DLC no different than download"

Publisher defends Street Fighter X Tekken's on-disc locked content

Capcom has responded to a wave of consumer complaints about its practice of charging for content shipped with the disc, but locked until that content is purchased as DLC.

When hackers found twelve finished characters hidden on the disc, Capcom announced that these would be made available later for 1600 Microsoft points, valued at $20 dollars.

Customers have since filed several compaints with the Better Business Bureau, citing "false advertising", and "dissatisfaction".

Cinemablend reports that Capcom has responded to these complaints by claiming there is no difference between DLC and disc-locked content.

"While Capcom is sorry that some of its fans are not happy about the chosen method of delivery for the DLC, we believe that this method will provide more flexible and efficient gameplay throughout the game's lifecycle," Capcom told the BBB.

More at

http://www.develop-online.net/news/40392/Capcom-On-disc-DLC-no-different-than-download?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+developmag%2Fifbh+%28Develop%29

.Crapcom...... :thumbdown:

Capcom needs to know that DLC stands for CONTENT that you DOWNLOAD not unlock lol....

Bah doesnt matter , next time they will just keep the data with them and give it separately to avoid the bad publicity .... it is easier downloading 100kb unlocks instead of re-DLing it on every other Xbox you use...

Either way we are fuked :lol: ... every game has DLC , some companies are just smart about how they give it.... atleast the pricing is pretty cheap here , unlike certain other games where they pay 50$ a year :rofl:

467682_10150766467348223_154564105_o.jpg

^^ They added nearly half the original game , i think its well worth the price ... and it was actually new , not cutout stuff from the old game... Although it is a bit annoying that Day one buyers get shat on ... They should have made it 30$ for MvC3 players and 50$ for new buyers...

Besides they decided to take this new model instead coz clearly its what people wanted :P (moving from the 2nd pic to the 3rd one lol )

i think its well worth the price

oh so it's okay because you think it's well worth the price... but f**k everyone who pays 50$ a year to play a certain other game right? you know, there are people who pay 180$ a year to play certain games too. i wonder how they must look to you as you sit on your high horse of hypocrisy.

When did that happen :rofl:

mvc3

ultimate mvc3.

Was i bashing them? :lol: ... I just said its cheaper.....

Also what do you want them to price it at? ... for free? ... I already told you it would have been better if they gave a discount to MvC buyers ... and just because its the SAME game to you , doesnt mean its the same game to others ...

what's their stand on releasing the same game twice and just calling the second one 'ultimate'?

Umvc3 is actually a pretty worthy expansion.

I think it was worth the price, perhaps it could have been 30$ but still loving it.

Umvc3 was for dedicated mvc3 players, nerf to tron/hagger assist changed the entire meta game.

Umvc3 >> SFxT

Honestly , there are many games that get expansion packs where you need to buy it again (heck am even getting SC2:HOS).... yet its only when Capcom release something people get all upset and flame rage .. and now Capcom have take the glorious path of DLC hurray .

what's their stand on releasing the same game twice and just calling the second one 'ultimate'?

Must be the same reason they released Dota again in HD and called it Dota 2. Only this time its not free.

Archived