Super Street Fighter IV

Guest shoryuken_king

Did someone say Tiger? I still play with him now and then and when I first picked him (back in an older iteration) I was just fascinated by the fact that a Thai dude with a patch was cool lol. They nerfed the poor guy but I still stuck with my guns. Tiger with no balls and a big hit box ... sad what has become of him.

Did someone say Tiger? I still play with him now and then and when I first picked him (back in an older iteration) I was just fascinated by the fact that a Thai dude with a patch was cool lol. They nerfed the poor guy but I still stuck with my guns. Tiger with no balls and a big hit box ... sad what has become of him.

reminds me of my poor sentinel :cry:

Man the Fuerte sub-forum on SRK is asssss.

Half the posters are ironic "I play Fuerte BECAUSE he's bad. I don't take this game seriously.". The others that WERE good (Dawgtatian, Happytang) have all but dropped the character already.

I have a Team tournament coming up and even though I random'ed people out and did good last year, I fear that Fuerte nerfs and me being out of practice won't get me far. Are E. Ryu/Oni any good? I know the verdict on Oni is divided but I haven't heard anyone say that E. Ryu is good. I know its a bit late to change characters but I'm the tourney organizer (lol) so I can delay it a month.

Viper fans on the rise, there had to be after effects :giggle:

Search for PR Balrog tutorials on SRK, they are very easy to follow and are good

do not throw the rush punch at full screen (tough to avoid, i still do it at a lot of times :doh: ), unless you are expecting a normal fireball, the tutorials will show you the safe distance for the rush punches

Also as Floccy says, mixup the rush punch with the overhead one, Armor breaker

thanks alot bro for ur help;..... u also a rog player...?...

not the EX, normal is a waste unless the opponent was dumb enough to whiff something that has a HUGE recovery or you have trained him to block low after a couple of rush low punches :naughty:

anyways, TAP is tricky thing, I am still to program that into my memory, I almost forget about it at times

also even TAP has a long startup

Frankly though all of these are useless at full-screen, at that distance you are just calling out loud and clear to eat a full raw ultra (Like you dished it to me sometime back :lol: )

here we go again :giggle:

hehehe yeah that happened with me many times.... :angry:

:threatenlumber: ... It comes in handy you know .... ud be surprised how many ppl fall for various frame trap shenanigans.... and playing a frame trap heavy character like guy , you need to know all this stuff....

What is shenanigans....?

Mixups basically, except that you need to be playing without wearing pants.

:P... i'll keep that in mind.... :D

Gimmicky mixups.

For eg with Fuerte, after going for a hard knockdown, doing a slide immediately, then doing an overhead when the opponent actually gets up.

thanks bro :)

You could just name a move, not go all f**king matrix code on me. >.>

Its good to know when you have an advantage or not....there are soo many ppl I see falling for sh*t like Rogs Rush punch->c.LP->Rush punch .. rinse and repeat... and they actually think its pressure :lol:

I know its a bit late to change characters but I'm the tourney organizer (lol) so I can delay it a month.

lol what a beech .... why dont you try blanka?... hes kinda weird mixup like fuerte and mindf**ks the player... and his ultra is really good for some solid damage on wakeup with that Hop->ultra dmg.... Just dont rely on blanka balls too much...

Play some footises,runaway and Hop->electricity gimmicks and you should eliminate many people .... and yea both oni and E.ryu do kinda suck ... not much use in picking either of them over Ken or Ryu...

I really cant tell who else you should pick since you dont want top tier characters... Yun woulda been the most obvious choice.. but i guess many people are there with dat Anti-Yun tech...

Trolls gotta Troll .... didnt you pick blanka in your last tourney :naughty: ??

Edit : idk why but for me, blanka just seems like a veryy dangerous character in tournies... especially if its just 1 or 2 games.... You need to get that people without much tourney exp dont play at 100% during tournies....and when a blanka player mindf**ks you ... Blanka gets a serious advantage

Archived