PS Fan

Scream-Ride_microsoft-xbox-643x330.jpg

From the folks who brought you Roller Coaster Tycoon comes a game where you can create, pilot and destroy the ride of your life. It’s ScreamRide, and it’s coming to Xbox consoles exclusively.

“ScreamRide reinvents the builder/action genre with a unique balance of creation, addictive gameplay and destruction. Use your imagination to build extreme roller coaster rides and environments from the ground-up, pilot your riders through the tracks with skill, share your dream creations with friends, or destroy anything and everything with phenomenal physics and deafening destruction.

Here’s a list of features:

• Create as the Engineer – With hundreds of props, ride pieces and modular scenery available at your fingertips, create awesome coasters, amusements and environments from the ground-up. As the Engineer, you will be able to solve construction puzzles as you build creations of limitless imagination.
  • Ride as the Scream Rider – Prove your precise piloting skills as you control the coaster on a ride of your own creation; Xbox One players can also pilot a ride shared by friends over Xbox Live. Challenge your friends to race your coasters around the track as fast as possible and achieve the highest scream rating for your riders. Xbox One users will be able to show off their skills on Twitch on Xbox Live.
  • Destroy as the Demolition Expert – Rack up points as you destroy everything and anything to ignite the most explosive carnage possible. As a demolition expert, you will have control over the physics-based destruction you are causing by knocking down and destroying the ride creations in interesting ways.
  • Sharing with friends – Xbox One gamers on Xbox Live can build and share the most extreme rides and missions with friends, discover unlimited new gameplay by accessing their wild creations and challenge friends to set scream rating and destruction records on global leaderboards.

screen-shot-2014-08-13-at-11-01-04-pm.pn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Reviews are out

Polygon 8/10

SCREAMRIDE IS ONE OF 2015'S FIRST GREAT SURPRISES The absence of the obsessive management elements that have defined the coaster genre for more than a decade may alienate some fans longing for a return to that kind of form. But behind all that is a game that succeeds really well at the game part, using next-gen tech for something other than a flashier presentation. The result is a little uneven, but Screamride still ends up as one of the first great surprises of 2015. Link to Review

IGN 8.2/10

Screamride’s three jobs allow you to play and pass its thrillride levels in a variety of ways, but I reached the greatest satisfaction when I discovered the perfect way to traverse a track, build a coaster, or demolish a string of buildings in ScreamRider and Demolition Expert modes. Although career mode suffers from uneven difficulty and some situational camera issues, I happily replayed levels to improve my score sheet and climb the leaderboard, or just endlessly tinker with the Sandbox mode. Link to review

GameSpot 7/10

It turns roller coaster riding into a self-destructive blood sport in which you demolish buildings and ruin little computer people's lives for the inherent joy of it. Building up and tearing down is an age-old pleasure, and seeing sky-high structures fall like dominoes with a flick of a stick is Screamride's primary delight. I sometimes think of all those digital men and women that went plummeting to their dooms, but at least they died doing what they loved. Link to review

Destructoid 7/10

Screamride is a limited romp, but its core selection of minigames are fun to play. It's enjoyable for what it is, whether you have a creative mind or just want to blow sh*t up. I can see myself going back from time to time to top my best score -- I just won't be creating things for months on end. Link to review

GamesRadar 2.5/5

Screamride has a pretty impressive roller coaster building suite and some satisfying destructible environments, but everything else - from the other gameplay modes to its presentation - is a total snore. Link to review

GameInformer 6.5/10

The bulk of the thrills in ScreamRide come early, then taper off as the experience becomes more complicated. After that, the frustrations stack up and make everything feel like a chore – not the ideal mood for a game about amusement park attractions. Link to review

Current Metacritic: 70 (based on 29 reviews)(higher than 1**6)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1002176

Archived