Mass Effect: Andromeda

WhiteWolf

You can craft and name your weapons in Mass Effect Andromeda - a first for the series.

The details come from Mass Effect Andromeda lead designer Ian S. Frazier, who confirmed this also applies to the game's suite of melee weaponry.If you missed the original announcement, Andromeda lets you use actual melee weapons instead of the omni-tool blade you could stab enemies with in Mass Effect 3. Swords and hammers were previously confirmed.Frazier has now confirmed melee weapons have their own specific slot in your loadout, just as other types of gun had in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Have we seen any gameplay apart from the old 5-minute video? I'm afraid this might be another Inquisition.

I'm worried about that too. As much as I'm hyped for the game sadly all signs are pointing towards an Inquisition style game. Replace the open world maps with planets, the base with the ship, add the usual loyalty quests, romances, a world-ending threat and 3-4 "main quests".

Really hope I'm wrong though and Bioware manages to surprise us... in a good way.

I like them so far. Looks like the krogan will be the new garrus. But i am more excited by the new andromeda species shown in the trailer (especially those which look like a cross between turians and twileks)

Its the interwebs, people are gonna bitch, moan and overblow sh*t. I read some people go off about the atmosphere and how mass effect 1 was the benchmark for it. Just people looking at stuff through rose tinted glasses.

Still ill reserve judgement till I play it.

I mean, look at the chump standing in the front who's suppose to be the main character. Aside from the fact that his head and body are completely out of proportion, his armored torso looks like a dog standing on his rear feet.

OMG the toxicity over the new characters everywhere... the world is going crazy. It's a freaking game!

I want every game in the Darkest Dungeon art scheme now.

Technically the Mass Effect series did go there. Back when the Reapers were supposed to be this otherworldly entity whose intentions were completely alien. Remember that conversation on Ilos on the first game?

Sadly we all know how that turned out...

Technically the Mass Effect series did go there. Back when the Reapers were supposed to be this otherworldly entity whose intentions were completely alien. Remember that conversation on Ilos on the first game?

Sadly we all know how that turned out...

kek

although we did get a pretty sweet disco light conclusion :P

menacing threats from the other world bowing out in style cause a little kid threw up a light show

Who the ruck cares for the character. I just want the exploring thing done right.

What good is a Mass Effect game without interesting characters and storyline.

The dialogue options, branching storyline, multiple green, red and blue endings are what makes Mass Effect a fantastic role playing action game series.

Archived