Nier Automata

IshmaelIsBack

Wooooo weeeeee

Why her sword is floating in air?

• The fact that YoRHa 2B’s weapons don’t touch her back but just float behind her has a very peculiar reason. Her swords have their own magnetic fields, and that’s important in the gameplay. They can be used as swords, but also thrown like shuriken.

Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/11/08/ps4-exclusive-nier-automata-gets-a-lot-of-info-on-gameplay-music-yorha-2b-origins-and-much-more/

EDIT:

It's not a spoiler. :P

oh okay. It looks like a spoiler for people who haven't played the first game.

Edited by Nate Drake

We don't have a concrete release date but it looks the game will launch around FFXV(September 30). I can't link to a source right now.

Source:

Around 11:00.

To me, this looks far more awesome than FFXV so if it's true i'll definitely get this.

Edited by Nate Drake

I will get this over any FF game...FF XV is by SE, so expect huge discount after release.

FF 15 won't get discounted soon after release. It's FF, it will sell big. Xbox version might get discounted, PS4 version won't. Also, Nier is a SE game as well.

But developed by Platinum, right?

Yup, that's why the combat looks so good.

Nier: Automata (Japanese: ニーア オートマタ Hepburn: Nīa Ōtomata?, stylized as NieR:Automata) is an upcoming action role-playing game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Square Enix for the PlayStation 4. The game is set in the same universe asNier, a spin-off of the Drakengard series.
Edited by Nate Drake

To prevent horny xbots like you staring at her butt and defile her like they did Lara croft.

But a floating sword doesn't really help in hiding much.

Also, i read somewhere a few weeks ago that the main character is kind of hawt(at least to me) because the character designer wanted a hawt character in the game, no deeper intention pertaining to the lore. We need more people like him :P