Ni-OH

KnackChap

I'm definitely going with Katana and Spear for my first run. Guns and bows too. The ranged combat is really well implemented in the game and is very effective (balanced by the amount of ammo you get). The controls for it are also very intuitive. It's actually better than Souls.

I dont know if its just me , i really hate using weapons other than katana or double katana, the spears, hammer just doesnt feel right for some reason

I dont know if its just me , i really hate using weapons other than katana or double katana, the spears, hammer just doesnt feel right for some reason

I know, I'm gonna main the katana/dual-katanas as well but keep spear as a backup for when I get stuck. The spear is a low risk weapon that does decent damage.

I am very confused about investing points to level up. I am running with dual katana and axe but will replace axe with spear down the line. Someone please help.

From what I know respeccing is easy, you need an item that can be bought/farmed easily. So just play until you find a suitable style/weapon and respec if necessary.

4k is pretty standard nowadays. Some are 3.5k and some (like EA titles) are over 4k. You get surprises like Yakuza 0 or Bioshock collection at 2.5k but they're rare.

Also people are saying they nerfed the difficulty big time in final game compared to beta, especially boss fights. Sad if true.

If they made bosses less spongy then that's probably a good thing. The demo bosses weren't actually hard and had easy to figure out patterns, they just took a long time to whittle down.

4k is pretty standard nowadays. Some are 3.5k and some (like EA titles) are over 4k. You get surprises like Yakuza 0 or Bioshock collection at 2.5k but they're rare.

Also people are saying they nerfed the difficulty big time in final game compared to beta, especially boss fights. Sad if true.

damn, was so looking forward to gettign horizon at launch .... need to wait i guess :(

killed the first boss after 5 tries, looks like the bosses will be all about timing your dodges, completed a submission (first world in reverse with different enemy placement) and halfway done with second mission.

Couple of questions:

How do you increase the elixir count? I noticed we can offer items at shrines to get some elixir randomly, any other way you figured out?

How do you use the accessories?

killed the first boss after 5 tries, looks like the bosses will be all about timing your dodges, completed a submission (first world in reverse with different enemy placement) and halfway done with second mission.

Couple of questions:

How do you increase the elixir count? I noticed we can offer items at shrines to get some elixir randomly, any other way you figured out?

How do you use the accessories?

For elixirs, you have to find kodomos in the map and send them back to shrine.

I think accessories have some kind of passive effect on your gear and weapon. Not sure about this 100%

Can we co-op the whole game in Ni-OH?

Not the whole game no. First mission has to be done solo. But, you can do it a coop if you manage to get ochoko cup offering by killing revnants. For rest of the story, you can coop only if you or your partner has completed a level before. If both coop partners are new to a specific level, they cannot team up.

People are quite unhappy with that as they were able to coop in the demos. There are lots of complaints on reddit about this feature. I think Team Ninja will fix this in upcoming patch.

Awesome game, finished the first area

(three main missions and 3 sub missions)

and the boss fights are amazing. It all comes to Ki management. Souls and BB players will need to more patient as you cannot run out of stamina as most bosses kill you in two hits and normal mobs kill you in 2-3.

Started with an Axe and spear but am focusing only spear now, the range of spear helps a lot to poke the Yonkai. Will most likely upgrade Onmyo instead of Ninjutsu.

First Boss:

Was stuck at the third boss Nue for a long while and finally figured out the correct way to slay. If anyone is struggling with it, lemme know.

Archived