SRINI87

^^ For now it's a one time membership fee to fund development.

Yea but I was asking about the final retail version... any ideas about that? The console version specially...

^^^^^

It's a community based game. It will be sub based for sure. You can opt not to renew, but then MP and newer additions will be locked out. Pretty much like MMO subs.

Wait but how will they do this on consoles? I mean we are already charged thrice the price of a PC game and then a monthly sub fees too! Does any other disc based $60 full price game do this on the consoles?

I mean imagine if GT5 charged sub fees for newer special events! DLC i can understand...

Wait but how will they do this on consoles? I mean we are already charged thrice the price of a PC game and then a monthly sub fees too! Does any other disc based $60 full price game do this on the consoles?

I mean imagine if GT5 charged sub fees for newer special events! DLC i can understand...

This is a community based game. It's not the same as a GT game or a Forza game. But I don't know what plans they have for the consoles though.

Project CARS – Build 134 & 135 Available

The new build makes the Ariel Atom V8 as well as a first version of Silverstone available to all members with Team Member status and above.

Build 135 (20/1/12, Team Member+)

FFB updates. New spring code, revised rumble strip effects, effects can now be modified by F1 menu.

Expose opponent type selection to GUI.

T500RS wheel spring forces enabled and functional (may require some tuning)

Ariel Atom: All suspension animations finished

Reduced motion blur a little.

Caterham: New liveries added

New physics on Racer cars based on the new tyre direction. Dropped main grip / increased sliding grip. Also even out front and rear base grips and staggered the load sensitivites. Misc chassis balance changes to suit.

Darkened race groove a little.

New export of California Raceway

Build 134 (20/1/12, Team Member+)

Fix for NULL deref that can occur if the stats callback occurs after loading is complete

Ariel Atom Mugen: fixed halfshaft bone orientations

Bumped all vehicle versions ready for stat wipe

More detail changes to the Ariel Atom models. Mostly braking balance, aero drag and a bit more work on the tyres base grip vs sliding grip amounts

New exports of Northampton circuit, Ariel Atom 300 and Mugen

134031-150x150.jpg

src:virtualr

Project CARS – Special Build 141 Available

Just three days after the regular release of the weekly build on Friday, WMD members with Team Member status and above get to enjoy a special new build of Slightly Mad Studios’ Project CARS.

Build 141 introduces vast improvements made with the title’s input & force feedback system and the developers are looking for as much feedback on these changes as possible, leading to this special release.

The new release also contains all changes made by the Senior Manager Build 140, including a much-improved UI featuring a Digital Manual, new versions of various tracks and lots of other changes & improvements as listed below:

Build 141 (30/1/12, Team Member+)

Disable visual steering wheel prediction

FFB progressive slip updates for understeer improvements

Protect against no vehicle details having been set for player when doing seat adjustments

Take direction into account when validating quick race track selection

WIP – subtle FFB engine vibration (enabled on Logitech devices for now). New profile required

Input Lag updates

Added F1 menu item for Render Bridge Interval

Legs/fingers micromovement

Updated the TRDs to have appropriate “Setup Group” data (Circuits/Karts/Test Track)

SuperKart: cockpit display added

Seatbelts and face rig added for Driver

Ariel Atom: new collisions finished, WIP ambient occlusion

Massive update to the UI (see UI Engineering Thread)

Corrected maximum opponent count.

Decimal places added to Tire Pressure in advance of Steve reducing the number by 100

Set quick race grid position to random (may change depending on WMD poll result).

Car Setup on main screen swapped over to Options instead

Increase grip of drains and astro turf.

1st pass textures Belgian Forest

Deleted desktop and start menu Wip Lag shortcuts

New Connecticut Hill exports

New Belgium Forest export

menu2150x150.jpg menu1150x150.jpg

src:Virtualr

plus a awesome video by BSNismo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBNfuNq3pKg&feature=player_detailpage

Ultra High Detail Glory In Project CARS

Even though Project CARS is already considered to be the most stunning looking simulation out there despite still being in pre-alpha state, work on graphical improvements is far from stopping.

Slightly Mad Studios have released a bunch of new preview screenshots today, showing off the new ultra high detail models on track.

The ultra high detail option allows players to check out their car in unmatched graphical detail that goes down to the smallest nuts and bolts as you can see below. Also included are first previews of the new historical driver model & helmet that is a perfect match for the historical Formula cars in Project CARS.

83158891.jpg

36062366.jpg

28504126.jpg

22817679.jpg

90436554.jpg

42925550.jpg

driverhelmet.jpg

src:WMDportal

Archived