500/320 gb Third party Hard disk for xbox 360

Destructor

Hello all, i recently purchased xbox 360 4gb slim bundle. I want to play battlefield 4 and it seems it requires a hard drive to play the game, so i am thinking of buying either 320/500 gb third party hard drive.

Wanted to know, if it will work with xbox. I read somewhr, that to make third party hard drive compatible to play with xbox, console need to be jailbroken. I am not willing to j/b the console but i want to extend the memory.

Could you guys let me know, if it is feasible to buy the hard drive which will work seamlessly with my xbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know if you have to jailbreak it or not but This canbe usefull

http://www.wikihow.com/Format-a-Hard-Drive-for-Use-With-Xbox-360

this can work ( I dont really own an xbox but my one frnd did this successfuly ) although you also have to buy an enclosure for your hdd. my last advice : research well and if can't afford a legit one....... take the risk!

Well, if you want an inexpensive way for playing Battlefield 4 or any game that requires HDD for that matter, you can easily take a 16 or a 32 gb pen drive, plug it into an Xbox 360, and format it and install the game in it, and it will work just the same as an internal HDD :)

Apart from that, if you really want to use a laptop HDD in an Xbox 360 HDD, here's a very good tutorial :)

http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/console-guides/xbox-360-guides/3152-hack-250gb-320gb-500gb-sata-harddrive-work-xbox-360-xbox-360-slim.html

You can ignore the "Restoring the Xbox Classic Emulator and User Content" section of that guide. It's completely optional and not needed :)

Lemme know if you have any questions :)

PS: This will NOT get you banned on Xbox Live :) Am 100% sure :)

Thanks Kazekage Gaara. If it works with pendive then it solves the problem. But the reason i thought of buying it was due to store salesman @ game4u, i got battlefield 4 and then they asked me about the memory size of my console, which made me buy COD ghost. I asked the guy and he said pendrive will not work. T will require a hard drive, so i decided to go for hard drive.

And thanks u bought up the HDD discussion, if i can buy WD 1tb external hdd and use it with my console, it will accept it seamlessly without disturbing the current dynamics of the console?

Thanks Kazekage Gaara. If it works with pendive then it solves the problem. But the reason i thought of buying it was due to store salesman @ game4u, i got battlefield 4 and then they asked me about the memory size of my console, which made me buy COD ghost. I asked the guy and he said pendrive will not work. T will require a hard drive, so i decided to go for hard drive.

And thanks u bought up the HDD discussion, if i can buy WD 1tb external hdd and use it with my console, it will accept it seamlessly without disturbing the current dynamics of the console?

External HDD won't work.

I mean to say, it will work but MS has set the maximum USB storage size to 32 Gb, so even if you get a 1 TB external HDD, your Xbox 360 will format it to 32 Gb and the rest will just be unusable.

The link I've mentioned above shows how to "flash" a laptop HDD. What you actually do with it is, you take a Western Digital laptop HDD and you flash it with a .bin file that has been extracted from an official Xbox 360 HDD. After flashing that .bin file, when you plug that WD HDD in an Xbox 360, the 360 will "see" the HDD as the official one and allow you to format it and use it with the Xbox 360. This way is much cheaper than buying an official Xbox 360 HDD. You can even buy a cheap Xbox 360 case and put the HDD in it, to make it seem "original" :)

Lemme know if you have anymore questions :)

PS: I just found out that Battlefield 4 requires a "mandatory HDD install". Really don't know why the developers made it that way. Usually any and all content that can be installed and played with on an HDD can be done the same on an Xbox formatted USB pen drive, but apparently with Battlefield 4, the developers have disabled this option and made the HDD mandatory.

So your only option is to either buy the overpriced official Xbox 360 HDD or find a compatible WD HDD (maximum size 500 Gb) and flash it with a .bin file. Last I checked, the WD Scopio Blue HDDs were compatible, to be able to flash the .bin file.

I would suggest you to follow the tutorial and download the latest HDDhacker. Check the readme file for the latest models of WD HDDs that are compatible with flashing :)

By the way, if you follow the tutorial and know what you're doing, you'll be done with flashing the HDD in a matter of minutes :)

Archived