PS3 power issue!

SD_2007

It could be a range of issues.

Assuming that you have checked the power outlet with another device the only other thing I can think of may be the PSU itself, front panel issue, or mainboard problem. Either way contact a Sony service center if in warranty or a technician in your area who can check the device or if your confident enough open it yourself and check the cables. Keep in mind though if you do plan on troubleshooting this yourself and it is a major issue the service center will not offer the exchange on 50% payment. I'm speaking from experience.

There are loads of tutorials online. Anyway all the best.

It is 2 years old already. I am thinking about to give it sony service centre. Can I give to local repair shop? It may be cheaper.

Btw is it curable problem? How much cost may require?

Sent from my Micromax A92 using Tapatalk

A local tech is not a safe bet but approx the PSU it could cost between 2.5k to 3k, the front panel approx 1.5k and if its the mainboard you might as well spring for a replacement as the board itself would be anywhere between 7-9k. AFAIK these parts are in most cases refurbished especially the mainboard.

Remember sony will not repair afaik and will offer a replacement. My advice would be check with Sony first to be safe and if the problem can be determined by them before taking the next step.

Archived