27" Monitor for PS3 & PC

djanuj

Hi people! How r y'all. I have a problem is deciding which monitor to buy for my PS3 & PC Gaming.

I checked online and decided to select one of these 3 monitors either of them are good for me.

1) LG DM2792-SN (Available only in South Korea and import) --->Monitor/TV

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ABDFS0I?pc_redir=1397148850&robot_redir=1

2) LG 27EA63V-P (Available in India) --->Monitor

3) ASUS MX279H (Available in India for 27k)----->Monitor

My requirements are :

IPS Panel

LED

1080p resolution

3D(not important)

Less than 5ms GTG response time.

Not expensive

Edge to Edge screen

27"

Deeper Blacks

Whiter Whites

Now my query was if I buy the 1st option. Will LG honor warranty? Even though it is imported? Couldn't find any answer about this.

How's the monitor? Couldn't find any reviews either. Any one using this monitor.

How will PS3 & PC Gaming look in this monitor? I have GTX 770M GPU on my laptop so will use that aswell.

The 2nd option is cheaper. Costs me ₹22000

Whereas the first one will cost me around ₹40000 including duty. Can I ask my friend to get it for me from US so that no duty will be charged. Since now Duty is charged for any tv brought by the passenger himself. So not sure what to do.

Any other monitor you guys think should be considered.

My budget is not more than 45k.

Thanks Anuj.

Now my query was if I buy the 1st option. Will LG honor warranty? Even though it is imported? Couldn't find any answer about this.

Unless explicitly mentioned anywhere, the Warranty is sub judice to area / nation of purchase.

Have you considered getting a Catleap or Achieva Shimean panel instead of LG, you will have to import from Korea and it shall set you back by approximately ~28000/- (all inclusive) but no warranty and more importantly no HDMI IN.

A member recently purchased an AoC 27" panel. Here is his thread, maybe it will prove helpful to you as well. Cheerio!

Unless explicitly mentioned anywhere, the Warranty is sub judice to area / nation of purchase.

Have you considered getting a Catleap or Achieva Shimean panel instead of LG, you will have to import from Korea and it shall set you back by approximately ~28000/- (all inclusive) but no warranty and more importantly no HDMI IN.

A member recently purchased an AoC 27" panel. Here is his thread, maybe it will prove helpful to you as well. Cheerio!

The thing about cat leap & achievea shimian they have this pixel problem dead pixels. Plus I don't want 2560x1600 resolution. I want 1920x1080p. As my ps3 will work only to that extent. If I take 2560 wala reso then the screen's corners will be blank which I don't like. And I also want HDMI. :/ so LG will not fix this under warranty? I have to send it back to Korea for repairs? This monitor is very good! Compared to what we get in India. :/ still thanks for the info!

Bump

Thank you I saw that post. But the LG Monitor 27EA63V is better than AOC. And costs 22k. So should I go for that or for the 3D one which costs around 43k

Thank you I saw that post. But the LG Monitor 27EA63V is better than AOC. And costs 22k.

Any metric by which you are judging it better?

Yes I m inclined towards LG as it has DVI, it is Lighter, Has anti glare screen & LED Backlit. The LG DM2792-SN has the same features except that it's also a TV & 3D and has HDMI. Plus LG has more darker blacks & cleaner and whiter whites. And it goes really well with the console.

Yes I m inclined towards LG as it has DVI, it is Lighter, Has anti glare screen & LED Backlit. The LG DM2792-SN has the same features except that it's also a TV & 3D and has HDMI. Plus LG has more darker blacks & cleaner and whiter whites. And it goes really well with the console.

So you are saying you want to go with the import route?

The AoC panel is also LED backlit, just like the LG panel. I don't understand how you are saying the LG panel has 'darker' blacks and 'whiter' whites because both the panels are IPS based, the AoC one is 6-bit though and its OEM is LG.

Here is a review, @TFTCentral, the response time and colour reproduction is really good for a 27" panel for the price of ~20000/-.

I could not find anything on the LG panels themselves so really cannot compare these models side by side unless I see them in person. Also, what is the panel used in the South Korean exclusive model, is it proper 8-bit?

So you are saying you want to go with the import route?

The AoC panel is also LED backlit, just like the LG panel. I don't understand how you are saying the LG panel has 'darker' blacks and 'whiter' whites because both the panels are IPS based, the AoC one is 6-bit though and its OEM is LG.

Here is a review, @TFTCentral, the response time and colour reproduction is really good for a 27" panel for the price of ~20000/-.

I could not find anything on the LG panels themselves so really cannot compare these models side by side unless I see them in person. Also, what is the panel used in the South Korean exclusive model, is it proper 8-bit?

Well initially I was thinking about LG27EA63V-P

But after looking at this Monitor (Import one) LG DM2792D-SN I was really in love with it. So ya to be honest I m inclined for the import one. But if the warranty won't apply & Custom duty is too high. Then I may go for 27EA63V one. However AOC is not bad. It's just that compared to LG there is no "Brand name". I spoke to the seller from Korea. He said that speak to LG India about warranty mostly it has International warranty. But If they say no then I may have to send my tv to Korea for repairs and back. Whereas the 27EA63V has Indian warranty but not 3D.

AOC also has 5ms GTG Response time but it doesn't have Edge to Edge LED Backlit. As in in LG it's only 10mm bezel. I want a LCD which has a screen corner to corner.

Thus I wanted the review for the 2 LG Monitors/TV as I am kinda in love with it. But couldn't find much review for the TV with respect to PS3.

And also as far as AOC Monitor is concerned AOC i2757Fh is not that good for gaming. AOC i2757FM is the best. But that model is not available in India.

Btw my first choice was AOC i2757Fm and LG27EA63V-P. But out of the both only LG was available in India.

Btw my first choice was AOC i2757Fm and LG27EA63V-P. But out of the both only LG was available in India.

Well, go for the LG monitor that is available in India then, no point dallying anymore on this.

Well, go for the LG monitor that is available in India then, no point dallying anymore on this.

Ok thanks. I'll do that and put up the review. Just Wanted everyone's opinion for the monitors. Thanks anyways.

Ok thanks. I'll do that and put up the review. Just Wanted everyone's opinion for the monitors. Thanks anyways.

That will be great. =D

Mad props for taking the time to review the hardware you use.

That will be great. =D

Mad props for taking the time to review the hardware you use.

Ohh yes!! No problem. I'll test the monitors give detailed review. I'll also give review of ASUS G750JX Laptop which I purchased. But only after 9th June. I have my exams which gets over then. So. Btw I spoke to LG Rep. He said that the monitor imported will be serviceable but for a fee. And if the parts have problems then also it will be chargeable. However this all be applicable only if the warranty card states that it is serviceable in India. Which I doubt eBay seller will give. Let's see. The LG Rep also suggested to buy 27MP65HQ Monitor newly launched monitor but I have decided to go with 27EA63V-P. What do you say about this new monitor?

^ I have no idea of the new monitor, are there are any reviews / hand's on with the same that you can link. Because I cannot find one.

^ I have no idea of the new monitor, are there are any reviews / hand's on with the same that you can link. Because I cannot find one.

Here's the monitor's link:

http://m.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-27MP65HQ

Btw specs are almost same as 63EAV. But the LG Rep said that the 63EAV is old model and the MP65HQ is launched just 1 month back. So dunno what to do. :/

Sorry bro just realized that I gave you the link to the product & not handson but it seems that there is no write ups for the this monitor.

What about ASUS MX279H? I heard this monitor is good as well. It costs 27k here in Mumbai. And has 8000:1DCR. Is it true that more the Contrast ratio the better it is?

Is it true that more the Contrast ratio the better it is?

High Dynamic Contras Ratio does not matter, what is the actual Contrast Ration of the monitor matters more.

So ASUS Vs LG which one is better. None of them includes actual Contrast ratio. ASUS has more ratio than LG. LG claims 10000000:1 whereas ASUS claims 80000000:1 so what do u think?

Archived