New Splinter Cell Being Developed at Ubi Toronto

During a GDC Game Dev Rant Panel, Jade Raymond, Ubisoft Toronto General Manager, dropped word that the studio's first game will be a new Splinter Cell.

She didn't announce any platforms or give any details other than that it would include "interrogation based gameplay". Up until now, rumors have pointed towards a sequel to Splinter Cell Conviction.

Jade said:

We are about to announce our first big triple-A being developed by the studio. I’ve got to say I think it’s going better than I could’ve imagined. I’m really amazed at the team we’ve put together and what we’ve been able to accomplish and I think Ubisoft is pretty excited too. Soon we’ll find out what everyone else thinks!

We’re not actually working on a big new IP yet within the studio. It’s one of the mandates and we’re definitely starting up some things in that direction, but we’re not working on a big new IP yet. Right now we’re 100% focused on Splinter Cell.

src:gamerevolution

needs the Tri Goggles,Massive conspiracy,Multiple locations,Sneaky Gadgets(Sticky cams Yes please) and most importantly SPIES VS MERCS!!!!

Yes. Will sign off on all those points.

I loved Conviction!! Why do you guys hate it? Although I never played SC before Conviction. I loved the storyline and the cinematic missions. The graphics were also awesome!! I did hear some people complaining about eliminating the 'stealth' USP from the game but I don't see why as a Game it is not appreciated.

I loved Conviction!! Why do you guys hate it? Although I never played SC before Conviction. I loved the storyline and the cinematic missions. The graphics were also awesome!! I did hear some people complaining about eliminating the 'stealth' USP from the game but I don't see why as a Game it is not appreciated.

That's your answer :)

@Acercy

If you haven't played SC before then you should try the old titles. They were best in business on Stealth category. The Green Tri Goggles were the identity of the game and boy all loved that. :D

You can play entire 3 games by just Crawling whole time and imagine how the hell Fisher can do that. What a say guys? :P His thighs are super natural :P

haha!!

Back in 2004 (Source GamerTV - TENSPORTS) I heard there was a Splinter Cell movie in workl... any idea what happened to it?

• 2 weeks later...

New Splinter Cell 'will explore one of franchise's root themes'

Ubisoft Toronto's teased details on the new Splinter Cell game that's supposedly set to be announced imminently.

According to studio head Jade Raymond, the new title - rumoured to be called Splinter Cell Retribution - will continue the series' focus on action but also explore one of its overlooked "root themes".

"It will have all of the action flick elements for sure, but we're trying to also explore something a little bit more interesting that is actually one of the themes that's at the root of the franchise historically, but never has been surfaced so much," Raymond told CVG. "I can't really say more on this!"

src: CVG

Archived