Import help for All Legal ways of getting Games

I ordered Halo 3 from Play-Asia, and it shipped 10 days back but I have not yet received it. What are experiences in terms of shipping times for most members on 360i? Any possibility of a single game ($69) getting stuck in customs?

Thanks

Dee

p.s: I ordered the bubble wrap shipping option as was recommended elsewhere on this forum.

som1 needs to stick a frag in customs a*s... they say xbox is more of a luxury than a requirement :sign_omg:

All I am praying for is for my Halo 3 LE to get through! After that I am all for your suggestion! :sign_omg:

BTW did your titles get stuck?

I received my SVideo cable in around 11 days, and my Tekken Tag, PS2, in 17 days, they said that it can get stuck in the customs. I didn't get charged any customs though, as I asked them to include only half the invoice.

You mean to say you emailed them asking for the half adjustment? I was not aware they would accommodate such requests. Will try it next time around though.

Edit: 17 days is a frickin long time for delivery considering you reside in Delhi. Ho hum....I guess I can stop checking my doorstep for HALO 3expectantly this week!

I ordered Halo 3 from Play-Asia, and it shipped 10 days back but I have not yet received it. What are experiences in terms of shipping times for most members on 360i? Any possibility of a single game ($69) getting stuck in customs?

Thanks

Dee

p.s: I ordered the bubble wrap shipping option as was recommended elsewhere on this forum.

You did a very wise thing buy using the economy bubble shipping option. I have ordered from play-asia several times and its just once that my shipment didnt reach me....its because i used the economy box (or whatever it is) option. The rest of the times i ordered from them (using the economy bubble option), i got them in around 15-20 days straight. The only possibility of getting the shipment stuck with the customs, according to me is if u use the economy box option..else, u wont experience any problems. Even if the package gets stuck with the customs, just mail play-asia's customer support and they'll give you a cash coupon of the same amount that your shipment was worth of.

Hope this helps.

Yup, when I chose the Bubble option, I was delivered the product quite quickly, considering there has been an underwater earthquake at that time in Eastern Asia and all internet websites etc there were down. But this time I chose the Box option and it was delivered quite late.

Thanks

Dee

You did a very wise thing buy using the economy bubble shipping option. I have ordered from play-asia several times and its just once that my shipment didnt reach me....its because i used the economy box (or whatever it is) option. The rest of the times i ordered from them (using the economy bubble option), i got them in around 15-20 days straight. The only possibility of getting the shipment stuck with the customs, according to me is if u use the economy box option..else, u wont experience any problems. Even if the package gets stuck with the customs, just mail play-asia's customer support and they'll give you a cash coupon of the same amount that your shipment was worth of.

Hope this helps.

It sure does help! Atleast I know my $69 has not gone down the drain....12 days and counting now!

Any one help me....i am planing to order Chrome flow for Xbox360..from Amazon.com..what r the direction i should do..i dnt want to struck in customs pls

From what I have seen on this forum and elsewhere, your best option would be to get the shipper to mark "GIFT" on the package. That should definitely help. But Umang and the others may have some better guidance on this one considering that this does not count as a game/electronics item, but rather as an accessory.

i am planning to buy this.. black wireless controller.. how much is a normal wireless here in india and hw many days will it take the controller to reach me?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-70-1zan.html

I would suggest the Halo 3 edition controllers. I have used them and they feel very nice in hand. But they could be a problem if you are prone to sweaty hands since they are glossy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived