IGC 2012

genesis

I hope no1 has registered and paid money. Sponsors and Organisers share the same address and phone number. One of their previous events was also a fraud.

http://www.erodov.com/forums/india-gaming-carnival-real-scam/50943.html#post721270'>http://www.erodov.com/forums/india-gaming-carnival-real-scam/50943.html#post721270

http://www.erodov.com/forums/india-gaming-carnival-real-scam/50943.html

Nah. I think that guy just googled a couple games that not many people know of. Since there are hardly anyone playing it in India, its easy to get your team to win. Put highest prize on game, your team is sure to win, and lowest prize on games like counter strike, perfect recipe for scam. He is definitely not idiot to try an elaborate scam. He just needed a bit more research.

Yea I think they just copy pasted the games from Dreamhack or some other big event .... in fact did you know in the start they put less money for Dota , these guys proly didnt know what games ppl play in india

-- on their fb page, very subtle !

I hope they're not referring to IVG. Coz the moment I heard that the organizer is called WTF Eventz, I decided not to touch that sh*t with a 10 foot pole. I don't really have proof that its a scam or that it isn't, but everything about that event looks and sounds incredibly shady.

BTW, who is this ben varghese? And why is he like "I am Ben varghese, i stand for gaming in India"?

He's a competitive gamer. Met him a couple of times. Nice guy.

I hope they're not referring to IVG. Coz the moment I heard that the organizer is called WTF Eventz, I decided not to touch that sh*t with a 10 foot pole. I don't really have proof that its a scam or that it isn't, but everything about that event looks and sounds incredibly shady.

From what I understand they are talking about XtremeGaming.

And btw, does this remind anyone of the side missions in Yakuza 3/4, particularly with the "come to our office" reply for every allegation.

http://www.wtf-igc.com/wtfeventz-recieves-funding/

Also read the part about WTF Eventz at the bottom, Eventz at a place, Events at another and even Events' at one place.

Also, posted yesterday on their FB page was:

Dear non-believers,

I believe few of you have some grave queries about IGC. So i am clearing all your doubts here:

1. For the legitimacy issue of this event is concerned, bank guarantee (of a much higher amount than just the prize money) have been given to all International Teams. They have already been satisfied on that issue and now, they know that IGC is for real.

2. For "why no sponsors" slogan, we did our best to approach the biggies of the market and get sponsorship for our event India Gaming Carnival. But they "never believed in the Indian Gaming Community", and were pretty sure that this event wont meet our expectations. However, they assured us to be our sponsors for the next big event (planned for September, 2012) after we pull off IGC successfully. We knew, we had a relationship in the making and these sponsors will take the next editions of IGC willingly.

3. For the two sponsors (which seems controversial to the people), there is nothing fishy in that. In my first public address, i did tell you all that IGC is backed by many other companies behind it. And when i have just named 2 out of 8 of them, there is a huge roar of disappointment amongst you. How do i make you all understand that even without external sponsors, IGC 2012 can be a huge success?

Regards,

K

Comments:

Suren Gupta: Please Sir, Can You let us know the other 6 sponsors out of 8 ?

India Gaming Carnival: Please come down to our office we'll gladly share the info...

Suren Gupta : I can and I will :) But this info is needed to be shared to each and every individual who potentially wants to participate in this event. So I Request you to share it with us all online. As it is not possible for each and everyone of us to come to your office personally. :) Thank you.

India Gaming Carnival: ‎ Not required. Not at this time. Believe it when you see IGC happen. We currently do not have time for this. We have more important things to do than go door to door and convince every participant.

Another post from IGC:

sorry guys we are really busy :) haha no we are all game for gamer's

1st update counterstrike 1.6 with a total price bag of 60,000$ split between

1st team win - 14,00,000 INR

2nd - 7,00,000 INR

3rd - 5,00,000 INR

4th - 2,50,000 INR

5th - 1,50,000 INR share this ... lets make this big .. for all cs 1.6 lovers n haters supporters cheers !!!!

later: update on all game titles n prize distributed latest by tonight ... hang in there :) we have more surprises

Mysterious sponsors. :doh:

Why would anyone sponsor an event like this if not for the publicity. And its about time they used a small portion of that 1.5 crores to hire someone who can speak proper English.

Dear Vijay,

As promised, i am here to clarify all your doubts.

** There are always two types of people. One who always curse about things not being up to the mark and others, who step up and takes the responsibility of making things better than everyone's expectations. Please be a self-judge about which type of person you are.

As quoted by Mr. Vijay, "the scale of the planned event and the claims made are making me question them", i seriously wonder why is he questioning. Would it have been any "Big Brand" presents "India Gaming Carnival 2012", everyone would have been very happy. But the fact that i am investing my own money and doing this event is making people itching their head. We did try for sponsors. But every CEO & CFO of all the big brands DONT BELIEVE IN THE GAMING COMMUNITY OF INDIA. With a population of over 30 Cr of youths, nobody took their participation in the biggest Gaming Carnival of India seriously.

And to top up all these CEOs and CFOs, every other Forum from somewhere are pin-pointing the same instead of supporting it. Who are you guys supporting? The ones who never believed in you or the one who instead of all this, is taking step for a revolution in the gaming industry.

To quote Mr. Vijay again, "I have seen some small gaming events in India and even helped a bit in some lan parties, so I know these things are very expensive, loss making and difficult to pull off even on a small scale." I wonder why anyone is actually wondering that when, someone is actually doing something as big as giving a prize money of Rs. 1.5 Cr, he is well prepared for taking few blows if it goes into a loss (which it will not).

To quote my friend again, "Infact there were only 230,000 visitors for the Beijing Olympics and when 100,000 tourists were to Delhi for the 2010 commonweath games, then it was said there are not enough hotels to house them, transport for them or guides to show them around." My target audience is not all people coming from outside. The population of Delhi NCR (including New Delhi, Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Greater Noida) has a population of over 3 Cr. I am just targeting just 1% of the total population to come to the Biggest Gaming Carnival of India. And this optimistic figure doesnt include thousands coming from different parts of the Country and another thousands coming from all over the world. Even if i reach 60% of my target numbers, i am still making the biggest numbers for any event in India. I don't think i am talking non-sense here.

And to achieve this, i already have 47 hoardings in New Delhi, 2 metro routes totally covered though the banners of India Gaming Carnival and all schools and colleges and different educational institutions covered. I think its good enough marketing strategy. And this excludes, my exploding radio campaign, TV commercials, Live media advertisements and many other mediums.

My friend also says, "Gaming is not an established form of entertainment or proven crowd puller in India. In this scenario I wonder how the organisers will come up with the declared amount." For the total prize money, i have already kept aside the total prize money and even revealed the Bank Guarantee of a much higher amount to all International Teams. Many of them, being convinced are coming to India for the very first time. I think its one big feat too.

My Friend also says, that we dont have experience in organizing the Games. Removing my experience from the equation, what will you have to say when i say i am about to give contracts for Game Management to the best companies in this business; Playfactory, Game Orbit & Game Ministry to name a few. I believe you surely cant question their experience.

For pulling sch an event, all i need is your support instead of criticizing me. We are doing the Biggest gaming Carnival of India. If you cant help me in any way, all i request you all is not to be pessimistic about me.

I am writing this post only to remove few baseless doubts arising in all your minds. This is my first and final post as organizing an event of such high scale hardly leaves me with any time. And my only request to you Mr. Vijay is to please stop sending all these mails to my core working teams including my ticketing partner Zomato. You are not helping me in any way Mr. Vijay but are only creating unwanted problems for me. If you cant support me, at least dont criticize me.

For any other query, every one can either visit us at our office in Noida (Delhi) or can call us for free at 1800 - 102 - 0106.

Thanks and Regards,

Kushagra

WTF Eventz

source erodov

Archived