The Football Thread

Xeno

Liverpool will complete the signing of Nuri Sahin on a year-long loan from Real Madrid after the Merseyside club gazumped Arsenal with a staggering £7.2 million package.

The Turkey international, who is set to undergo a medical at Melwood this weekend, looked certain to be headed for north London earlier this week after Arsenal offered a £2m fee and a commitment to pay the majority of the 23-year-old’s £2.2m-a-year salary.

That looked to have been enough to entice Sahin to the Emirates Stadium, with the playmaker keen to play under manager Arsene Wenger and in the Champions League.

But Liverpool, who had dropped out of the race to sign the midfielder last weekend, re-entered negotiations with an offer of a £5m loan fee - and their willingness to cover the whole of the player’s salary swung negotiations their way, according to reports in Spain.

Liverpool are really dumb when it comes to transfers ...they are paying such hefty sum for a guy for 1 year...the guy who is in-charge of transfers need to replaced for the club to move forward....they are spending such hefty sum on average players and i cant see them making top 4 anytime soon..they are going to land themselves in financial trouble with the way they are going.

Edited by rajprdp
  • Like 1

Liverpool will complete the signing of Nuri Sahin on a year-long loan from Real Madrid after the Merseyside club gazumped Arsenal with a staggering £7.2 million package.

The Turkey international, who is set to undergo a medical at Melwood this weekend, looked certain to be headed for north London earlier this week after Arsenal offered a £2m fee and a commitment to pay the majority of the 23-year-old’s £2.2m-a-year salary.

That looked to have been enough to entice Sahin to the Emirates Stadium, with the playmaker keen to play under manager Arsene Wenger and in the Champions League.

But Liverpool, who had dropped out of the race to sign the midfielder last weekend, re-entered negotiations with an offer of a £5m loan fee - and their willingness to cover the whole of the player’s salary swung negotiations their way, according to reports in Spain.

Liverpool are really dumb when it comes to transfers ...they are paying such hefty sum for a guy for 1 year...the guy who is in-charge of transfers need to replaced for the club to move forward....they are spending such hefty sum on average players and i cant see them making top 4 anytime soon..they are going to land themselves in financial trouble with the way they are going.

So the moment you miss out on Sahin he becomes an average player :lol:

sahin at press conference:

"I love Madrid. My ultimate goal is to succeed here. I'm a player and a man who does not give up. This is why I'm so hurt by these false reports that the things are in my head and not in my body. I know pain and I know it's real. "

"My relationship with Mourinho is perfect. I'll be honest, he has said, I do not play many games this season and has encouraged me to go temporarily on loan to develop my career and come back an important player."

"For me it is not the ideal solution, but I understand it."

As always, Sahin is not hesitant to the offer his opinions.

"If I'm forced to temporarily leave England is a league that interests me. I always teams like Manchester, Arsenal and Chelsea have admired. Tottenham are a good team, and Mourinho has told me that Villas Boas is a very good guy. It would be kind of funny when Modric went to Madrid, and I went to London "

"I would not be interested in a team that are not competitive, such as Newcastle or Liverpool. When I am gone, I would like to improve as a player and to do that I have play with other quality players, which I do not have at those clubs."

LIVERPOOL :ha: :ha: :ha: :ha:

Remember This ?

These are how reliable your sources are

Also the Sahin Deal is 2 million plus 70% of his wages which is close to 85K .We do not get an option to sign him but we do get first refusal .Arsenal did not sign him as they wanted a pre decided fee which did not suit either Jose or Sahin .

Ive heard rumors of 5 million,10 million and 12 million from butthurt Arsenal fans .

Krul; Simpson, Steven Taylor, Coloccini ©, Santon; Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Anita, Gutierrez; Ba, Cisse.

Cech ©; Ivan, Cahill, D Luiz, Cole; Mik, Meir; Mata, Hazard, Bert; Torres

no terry,no lamps

testing how we do without them? :scratchchin: