The Graphic Novels / Comic Books Thread

MarketTantrik

^^ and dream of Betty and Veronica? :P

:P

veronica is better :D

^^ my fav is reggie and veronica :P

Man, I had tons of archie double digest comics, same as umang, my parents sold it when we shifted :( that too to a scrap dealer :cry5:

sucks doesnt it? :shock3:

• 1 month later...

Check this out guys! The Ramayana Graphic Novel! Looks friggin' sweet!

Ramayan 3392 A.D. (formerly called Ramayan Reborn) is a comic book series based upon the Indian epic called Ramayan. It is written by Shamik Dasgupta and the art is by Abhishek Singh, and a brainchild of Deepak Chopra and Shekhar Kapur. It features a re-imagining of the historical classic in a post-apocalyptic future.

The story primarily deals with the last kingdom of humans who are fighting demons (Asuras) to survive. The series' prime protagonist is the human prince Rama who, alongside his brothers, aims to bring down the demon-lord Ravan.

RamayanRebornRoss.jpg

Concept_art_ramayan.jpg

Ravanna_virgin.jpg

azwmmrogdb.jpg

hluwddwzwf.jpg

ramayan.jpg

resized-angad01_col__tif_jpgcopy.jpg

ramayan1-1_cr.jpg

CHARACTER12.jpg

CHARACTERS11.jpg

200708101511432_ram0703.jpg

ramayan2b.jpg

rr_1_01c.jpg

ramayan4.jpg

11593.jpg

2_ramayan_002.jpg

74977_4.jpg

The pics look goooood for Ramayan - very Final Fantasy.

Loved going through this thread. I don't have many TPBs but have read a LOT. My all time fav is Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller - there's a long awaited battle at the end (but shan't say more).

As a series Sandman is par excellence - I wish I could afford the printed material - they are a bit on the expensive side. The only thing I don't like is when I go to a book store and the comics are in f***ed up state becoz of the way they are stacked. In some countries with dedicated comic book stores, the comics are kept wrapped up so people can't screw around with them. I am all for allowing reading at the stores, but have some extra copies for people who want to buy in mint condition and keep them in plastic bags.

i love archies, i have around 25-30 comics still lying around (would have been more if my mom wouldnt have sold what she calls "junk" :mellow:

i usually read them before going to bed

my archies collection is about 120 double digests, 100 single digests. would hav been more had i not lost some while we shifted our home. loved readin them but stopped abut 6 months ago, still read em sometimes

P.S.

did anyone read tinkle ever?

my archies collection is about 120 double digests, 100 single digests. would hav been more had i not lost some while we shifted our home. loved readin them but stopped abut 6 months ago, still read em sometimes

impressive ....

i too had a huge collection of comics ..... but i dont know where they are now ....

i love archies, i have around 25-30 comics still lying around (would have been more if my mom wouldnt have sold what she calls "junk" :mellow:

P.S.

did anyone read tinkle ever?

Cool collection. I have around 150 Archies comics which is mostly Little Archie comics. Have all the Tintin comic books and a few Asterix too.

Love reading them over and over again. Read one comic book before i go to sleep everyday. :tongue4:

Not a kid anymore but i still enjoy reading them

Great Find Tyler :mellow:

Any word on availability ?

I remember reading on Gamespot about an MMORPG being developed in conjunction with this comic book. That'd be cool. There's awesome Mythology in the Indian Culture that's crying to be developed into films/comics/games.. if not for the stuck up religious fanatics, our mythology could be presented in a way that's better accepted by the younger generation. That being said, I am pretty sure there's going to be a big hue and cry by a certain section about the depiction of events in Ramayan 3329 AD whenever it releases..

• Like 1

i love archies, i have around 25-30 comics still lying around (would have been more if my mom wouldnt have sold what she calls "junk" :D

P.S.did anyone read tinkle ever?

thats a sweet collection dude....I used to read tinkle waaaay back(when I was in some small town and western comics were out of reach)....my fav character was 'suppandi' & 'Tantri the Mantri' :mellow:

The Ramayan project has been in the works for quite some time now. Has anyone tried the other Indian themed comics from Gotham/Virgin? Devi etc? Quite a bit of the work on those is done at the Gotham offices here in Bangalore. Jeevan Kang is the lead artist as far as I remember.

The Ramayan project has been in the works for quite some time now. Has anyone tried the other Indian themed comics from Gotham/Virgin? Devi etc? Quite a bit of the work on those is done at the Gotham offices here in Bangalore. Jeevan Kang is the lead artist as far as I remember.

If I'm not mistaken, Jeevan is related to one of our older members.