Physical

There are plenty of reasons to go physical

• You can trade the game if you are done with it or most importantly, if you dont like the game.
  • The digital game prices are not justifiable. Mostly they cost the same price as Physical version.
  • You will not have the feel of owning the game unless its Physical. That feeling when opening a new game case. HAA!!
  • Some games like Fifa, COD or any game franchise who release games on yearly basis, will be useless (Less num of online players) when the new version hits the market.
  • Showing off your game collection. U can have a dedicated shelf for ur collection.
  • IVG TP.
  • Also it helps people like me to play all the games as much as possible without worrying about money.
  • After playing a particular game in physical version and if you downright love it, then u can pretty sure get a digital version on some flash sale or even PS+ IGC and trade ur physical disc.

Oh one more point regarding digital:

No home deliveries of physical copies. So family doesn't know how much you are spending on gaming

huehuehue

PFB the Typical Indian Parent

Mom: Son, today u got a courier. Again u have ordered a video game?

Son: Yes mom. :mellow:

Mom: How much is this?

Son: Its 1400 ma.

Mom: How many times should I tel u. Don waste money on games. :angry::angry:

Son: But ma, its actually price is 3000 ma...

Mom: Thats my boy.. :D:D:D

This happens often in my home.

Son: Yes mom. :mellow:

Mom: How many times should I tel u. Don waste money on games. :angry::angry:

Mom: Thats my boy.. :D:D:D

Same here.

I'm thinking that within the next few years we'll all have really high speed internet without fup like Big Boss does. In such a case, downloading won't be an issue as it would be like downloading a song or something. What concerns me more is HDD space. 7 years from now, I'd love to display 40 games on a shelf rather than have a couple of HDDs.

I prefer to buy from the U.S store rather than the Indian PSN store cos I'm worried Sony will lose the rights after a few years or something. I'm not sure if this happens in the gaming world. Can somebody confirm? Like iTunes losing the rights to an album in the U.K or something (during which you lose the right to download it again).

I don't like selling for two main reasons:

1)After a few years, you will have spent a sufficient amount of money but won't have anything to show for it.

2)I get the itch to play the game again some time down the lane. I ended up re-buying Destiny digitally after selling it and now am regretting selling Mordor as I have the itch to play it again.

If the PS4 had a large HDD enclosure to support HDDs of 8tb or something, it would've made this decision a whole lot easier.

I also wish games would give codes with the physical copies to redeem digital versions of games, kinda like how you get a code for an iTunes copy when you buy a blu-ray.

I also wish games would give codes with the physical copies to redeem digital versions of games, kinda like how you get a code for an iTunes copy when you buy a blu-ray.

This cannot happen unless the game code is tied to that specific account / device, which introduces a lot of variables and muddies the waters. Also, if this is implemented it will definitely have to take into account the second-hand game market.

If its 1 am and you wanna pee.What will you do.It is also physical.You wanna go digital that way also?

What's the logic behind this? :unsure:

Son: Yes mom.

Mom: How many times should I tel u. Don waste money on games. :angry:

Mom: Thats my boy.

Based on your profile, you are 27? Why do you need parents permission or even answer? :unsure: Just curious, no offense.

Almost always digital. I realized I don't really sell my games and disc swapping is a real pain. Also, here in Canada, there's no tax for digital games. Retail games (and everything else) has a whopping 13% tax.

Also, hopefully publishers take the lead of CDPR and start discounting day 1 digital prices like they did for The Witcher 3. As soon as I heard it, I cancelled my Amazon pre-order (which was already discounted) and ordered it from PSN.

Based on your profile, you are 27? Why do you need parents permission or even answer? :unsure: Just curious, no offense.

In India even if you're 50 your mom will scold you for spending too much money on videogames.

No logic, only Hope.

Also, hopefully publishers take the lead of CDPR and start discounting day 1 digital prices like they did for The Witcher 3. As soon as I heard it, I cancelled my Amazon pre-order (which was already discounted) and ordered it from PSN.

How much are they discounting on PlayStation Network?

Also, if it is a 10% discount, that is cross-platform and you can get additional 5% off if you own the previous titles on the same account.

No logic, only Hope.

Also, if it is a 10% discount, that is cross-platform and you can get additional 5% off if you own the previous titles on the same account.

Its the standard 10% last i checked

Yes, it's a 10% discount. It might be cross-platform, but as far as I know it's only for the digital versions. Going to be my first Witcher game. Looking forward to it.

Yes, it's a 10% discount. It might be cross-platform, but as far as I know it's only for the digital versions. Going to be my first Witcher game. Looking forward to it.

Yes only for the digital copies of the game.

Plus, on PC +5% discount for every prior title you own on the same account.

Many games get that 10% day 1 discount if you're PS+ member. Wolfenstein and Metro LL also had one.

So you have to be a subscriber, not a direct discount. Cool.

Archived