Dragon Age: Inquisition

dylanjosh

biggies like Bioware and their typical copy cast Games are going to butchered against the crowd funded RPGs like Project Eternity. Why the hell DAO 3 does not have all the races as playable characters from day 1. It took me 3+ minutes to reach the multiplayer lobby in mass effect 3,some of friend never able to join my game and visa-vis.It's just matter of time, someone pickup each generations of game and made an honest game.. I am really liking the whole crowd funded concept, lets slap those EA and Activision.

The Original DAO is one of my finest gaming experience so far. As for Witcher, one word - Awesome.

Edited by Sweet Poison

I hated the chantry in all the DA games and always made choices against it. (Like defiling Andraste's ashes with dragon blood , Helping mages etc) . But now as a player im forced to be a chantry's inquisitor... working for the chantry?? Is this a rpg game anymore??

Edited by The JACKAL

I hated the chantry in all the DA games and always made choices against it. (Like defiling Andraste's ashes with dragon blood , Helping mages etc) . But now as a player im forced to be a chantry's inquisitor... working for the chantry?? Is this a rpg game anymore??

Dude this is a bioware game, they stopped making RPG's since '09..

DA2 combat , level scale of DAO = win.

DAO's comabt was too slow and among physical dpsers ,Dual weilding Rouge>>>>>all others . OP much?? Better balance the classes this time.

Since Dragon Age II, BIOWARE does not make proper RPG's; Dragon Age Origins and Awakening were the end of an era.

Dude this is a bioware game, they stopped making RPG's since '09..

:cheers:

Edited by ALPHA17

Concept art looks alrite. But once again it's another 'voiced' protagnist. That im not liking at all. I dont want to play as a fookin human. I prefer being an elf with a slender body B) . And it was stated this going game is going to be more open ended like ES IV & V.

I prefer voiced any day. I can never connect to a voice-less protagonist. It feels so empty. One of the main moments of DAO - The Landsmeet, where your character is supposed to give an epic speech felt entirely lacking because all you're doing is clicking on options and hearing "YEAH YEAH" from the supporters.

^^ And the voiced protagonist option completely leaves Role Playing out of a Role Playing Game. Very few games actually manage to pull of the voiced approach convincingly in my opinion, personal picks --

• Gothic Series (excluding Arcania which is not Gothic)
  • Risen I (not played II)
  • The Witcher series

BIOWARE's best games (RPG's) were voiceless, Mass Effect onwards its less about RPG and more about A-RPG and 'climatic' set-pieces in my opinion.

Edited by ALPHA17

^^ And the voiced protagonist option completely leaves Role Playing out of a Role Playing Game. Very few games actually manage to pull of the voiced approach convincingly in my opinion, personal picks --

• Gothic Series (excluding Arcania which is not Gothic)
  • Risen I (not played II)
  • The Witcher series

BIOWARE's best games (RPG's) were voiceless, Mass Effect onwards its less about RPG and more about A-RPG and 'climatic' set-pieces in my opinion.

Deus Ex Human Revolution pulled it off brilliantly.

Deus Ex Human Revolution pulled it off brilliantly.

Deus Ex Human Revolution played out more like DISHONORED for me, an action game with layers of RPG systems and mechanics embedded into the same.

I loved those parts in DXHR where it goes into that conversation minigame. I wish they had more such convos.

But unlike BIOWARE dialogue there was no helpful colour coding and voice descriptors added to aid in the conversation. Don't think that will be changed and that is why I am against a voiced protagonist system.

You had to indulge in some careful subterfuge and pick up patterns in speech and ego / position of character in the game to successfully classify them as an ALPHA, BETA OR GAMMA personality and work from there towards extracting information, breaking them OR changing their view-point on the situation.

Edited by ALPHA17

Oh yeah there I do agree with you. Bioware should stop colour coding their options and having silly emotion masks.

And continue with the advance dialogue system initiated in Mass Effect 3 where you can select a response before a NPC finishes their dialogue, feels natural compared to waiting till NPC X mouths off and then you wonder "which dialogue should I choose next, in-fact does not matter if I make that choice OR no I will have to listen to them prattle through all options."

Oh yeah there I do agree with you. Bioware should stop colour coding their options and having silly emotion masks.

but then how will the stupids understand whether they are being good or evil? :( surely you don't expect them to be able to read, do you?

Edited by spindoctor

or better yer go back to how dialogues were in origin.

That is what is being debated, certain members feel without the voice a character is distanced / detached from their surrounding.

I prefer voiced any day. I can never connect to a voice-less protagonist. It feels so empty. One of the main moments of DAO - The Landsmeet, where your character is supposed to give an epic speech felt entirely lacking because all you're doing is clicking on options and hearing "YEAH YEAH" from the supporters.

While some (like me) feel that with a voiced protagonist the Role-Playing is being kept outside of the Role-Playing Game. You cannot decide the character you play, you have a fixed template and lack the flexibility to customise your character.

but then how will the stupids understand whether they are being good or evil? surely you don't expect them to be able to read, do you?

Edited by ALPHA17

Deus Ex Human Revolution played out more like DISHONORED for me, an action game with layers of RPG systems and mechanics embedded into the same.

Its comment system is what I was talking about. The voiced protagonist and the general comment system worked beautifully.

You are right about the gameplay though.

That is what is being debated, certain members feel without the voice a character is distanced / detached from their surrounding.

oh, they had hit the nails head with origin, dont know why did they change that in 2, it was perfect.

oh, they had hit the nails head with origin, dont know why did they change that in 2, it was perfect.

Generally works better with controller. Dunno why they didn't change that for pc. Just one of the many failings.

Edited by Bagpipes

Its comment system is what I was talking about. The voiced protagonist and the general comment system worked beautifully.

You are right about the gameplay though.

Big difference between the comments system and the actual dialogues. I think as spindoctor has put it --

but then how will the stupids understand whether they are being good or evil? :( surely you don't expect them to be able to read, do you?

the point stands moot. The dumb system is so dumb instead of us romping around like a Bantha on Taatoine, BIOWARE should hand us the end result on the platter. The bandits decapitated heads should be placed at our disposal after we get a bandit quest (generalizing). We should be at the treasure after talking to an NPC about a treasure fetch quest.

Generally works better with controller. Dunno why they didn't change that for pc. Just one of the many failings.

Consolification of games.

pcgamingmasterrace.jpg

Edited by ALPHA17

Da2 was an attempt to in god knows what. It had some nice side quests and an attempt at a political story. But failed with combat. Dao was brilliant. You rarely get such good writing in games.

Me thinks there's a reason the founders "retired".