Transistor

dylanjosh

FROM THE CREATORS OF BASTION

64704_10151486658857560_1802023954_n.png

TRANSISTOR

-Supergiant Games-

[2014]

In Transistor, players assume the role of a young woman who gains control of a powerful weapon after a mysterious group of assailants nearly kills her with it. Now she must fight from street to street against forces that will stop at nothing to recover the weapon. During the course of the adventure, players will piece together the Transistor’s mysteries as they pursue its former owners.

Transistor invites players to wield an extraordinary weapon of unknown origin as they explore a stunning futuristic city. We’re designing our next game to seamlessly integrate thoughtful strategic planning into a fast-paced action experience, complete with our studio’s signature melding of responsive gameplay and rich atmospheric storytelling.

~ Trailer ~

~ Screenshots ~

Transistor_19-mar-2013_01.jpg

Transistor_19-mar-2013_02.jpg

Transistor_19-mar-2013_03.jpg

Transistor_19-mar-2013_04.jpg

~ GAME ART ~

Transistor_Wallpaper_1920x1080.jpg

Cloudbank_ITP2013.jpg

Transistor_Red_WP_1920x1080.jpg

Transistor_Process_WP_1920x1080.jpg

~ ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ~

a2239763770_10.jpg

http://supergiantgames.bandcamp.com/album/transistor-original-soundtrack

The Transistor Original Soundtrack features more than 60 minutes of music created for the game by Supergiant’s Darren Korb, with vocals by Ashley Barrett. This album by Darren Korb with vocals by Ashley Barrett features more than 60 minutes of music created exclusively for the game, fully remastered for this release and with an all-new bonus track -- plus the full-length version of "We All Become", featured in the Transistor Reveal Trailer. There are 23 tracks in all. The OST includes an exclusive bonus track, “Signals”, created especially for this release.

Bastion was one of my favourite games of 2011. Such gorgeous art style, with some amazing music, with some even more amazing narration - all complimentary to some solid, varied gameplay.

If this one turns out to be anything like Bastion, consider me sold.

This is where the gameplay takes a sharp left – instead of an action-RPG, button-mashing maelstrom, Transistor incorporates turn-based and strategy mechanics. When the first major enemy appears, Red is able to pause the action and survey the battlefield, and she is allotted two moves in this stage. Red is allowed to roam free within a certain radius, and she can undo moves to test out certain strategies and attacks. The freeform tactical design lends itself to exploring all of Red's abilities and establishing combos, which deal more damage.

The Transistor drones over all of Red's moves in an ever-present stream, voiced by Logan Cunningham, the vocal chords behind the narrator, Rucks, in Bastion. His tone is streamlined for Transistor, lightened and less fantastical, more human. The music, too, comes from Bastion's same composer, Darren Korb, and it features a new sound: jazzy, lyrical and poppy. We got a taste of Transistor's soundtrack in the premiere trailer.

Red gets a motorbike in the end and she takes a sharp left herself, directly disobeying the Transistor's warnings to stay right and get away from The Process. They're after her and they know she's a force to be reckoned with. Transistor certainly is.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/22/transistor-preview-a-beautiful-tactical-twist-on-action-rpg/

I don't like turn based stuff :( Who knows. Maybe this is the game that will make me like it.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Transistor will release on PC and PS 4 this 20th May

Transistor_10-apr-2014_02.jpg

Transistor_10-apr-14_01.jpg

Transistor_10-apr_14_00.jpg

What platforms is Transistor coming to?
PlayStation 4 and PC.

Where will I be able to get the game?

On PSN for the PlayStation 4 version, and on Steam or our web site for the PC version.

How much is the game?

Transistor will be sold for $19.99 in North America, and €18.99 / £14.99 in Europe.

Will Transistor be available in my country?

We plan for a worldwide launch. Transistor includes English voiceover and text in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese.

Can I preorder the game?
Not at this time though we’re looking into it!

Source: SuperGiant Games

Archived