Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Okay. Saw it last night. Totally idiotic, totally awesome. A summer movie in every sense. Except in making sense. Plot holes bigger than in TDKR but some real crazy moments and overall I really enjoyed it. 3D wasn't too bad either.

Who all caught the post credits scene? :naughty:

everyone...cos if they missed it in hall, they have seen it on YT now.

Also Ek thi dayan is a decent movie, i would call it more of a thriller then horror. It has it's moments, and cast has done well, all in all a good one time watch. 7/10

That brings me to a question

Tony Injects himself with something to make MK42 work on his gestures(or was it something else) probably he injected same thing in Pepper so suit goes and fits her during the scene. How did he make the villain wear MK42

There was no logic in so many things that happened in the movie it's unbelievable. Still, was very entertaining.

How badass was Pepper on Extremis? Goddamn!! She stole the best scene of the movie, lke Hulk in Avengers :lol:

One question regarding IM3

when Pepper fell into that fire, why her bra didn't burn?

:P

Ah. Logic. Don't go there my man.

WTF :furious: I AM SO f**king PISSED. THEY CUT THE POST-CREDIT SCENE :furious: HOW CAN THEY f**king CUT THE POST-CREDIT SCENE :ranting: wave has the worst service of all, had horrible experiences with them.

For your sake I hope you either move or stop watching movies. I've seen you rage on the movie thread more than Krogans (yeah, I'm playing ME2)

Here's my question:

Keeping aside all logic, reasons and motivations, who else thought the Extremis was a little ..er.. stupid.

Also, obligatory :majesty: for Mandarin You'll never see him coming.

Alos

Is it just me but the last scene looked a bit over the top, too much was happening and a lot of it was well wiered, for me the best sequence of the movie was destruction of his house, and the plane survivor scene, superb.

Also ironman is too weak in this entire movie, and i guess total time Tony spent in the suit in entire movie is what, like 5 mins. Tops

^

The house destruction was so..juvenile. Like they were bombing someone in Iraq. That's Ironman's house goddamit. All it took was 3 helicopters with weapons? WTF.

With all his advances and sh*t you'd think Jarvis would have an incoming missile warning thing up and dispatch one armour to f**k sh*t up before the first missile reached anywhere near the house. Just 3 f**king ordinary helicopters FFS.

Also, and this always bothered me. With all of Stark's tech, why does he still have to face delay while using his hand weapons? Every time you hear a sound like something's charging up and then pew. Why not remove the delay?

Edit But the biggest idiotic moment for me was:

Why the f**k did the M42 need external charge? Isn't his E.M. in the chest supposed to do that? He even tells the kid when the kid asks what does the EM do, and he says it powers..that while pointing to M42.

Anyway, enough. I don't want to think too much on the loopholes. I enjoyed the movie. Don't want to ruin it now :P

Throughout the movie, Stark is ridiculously cool. And it's amazing how many comic elements they were able to get in almost every sequence.

Edited by achilles

what the *bleep* WHAT THE ACTUAL f**k. MOTHERf**kERS RUINED IRON MAN.

Seriously who passed the script? I was so pissed that I stopped caring about the movie after that reveal. I would rate movie 3/10 as a Iron Man fan. For those who have never seen cartoon or comics, for them it will be 9/10 movie. Such a disappointment.

Also, obligatory :majesty: for Mandarin You'll never see him coming.

Indeed :lol: You'll never see him coming :rofl:

@Rock - I know why the disappointment, its no Mandarin/mockery of mandarin, right? yup, that was my biggest disappointment too. Like I said a troll :lol: didn't expect that.

Question -

Mark 42 or any other suits need something to be injected to attach to someone, right?

what the *bleep* WHAT THE ACTUAL f**k. MOTHERf**kERS RUINED IRON MAN.

Seriously who passed the script? I was so pissed that I stopped caring about the movie after that reveal. I would rate movie 3/10 as a Iron Man fan. For those who have never seen cartoon or comics, for them it will be 9/10 movie. Such a disappointment.

It is cool to be different. I see your logic.

Also Ek thi dayan is a decent movie, i would call it more of a thriller then horror. It has it's moments, and cast has done well, all in all a good one time watch. 7/10

Oh that scene before interval :fear:

@avkash f**k no. See what dante mentioned in hidden tags. For me, the entire source of excitement for this movie was him, and his powers, his characters, how he is introduced, how he fights etc. I was very excited and was really liking the movie till the reveal. And after that, it became completely irrelevant to me. In fact, I even wanted to walk out, I was that pissed. Pretty sure who have read comics and seen animated series would have felt pissed, not as pissed as me, but pissed for sure. I cant see any movie completely butchering an iconic character like that.

I mean Mandarin is THE villain in Iron Man. Just like Joker for Batman and Lex Luthor for Superman. His source of power, his plans, his abilities, his minions, all are pretty awesome. He was part of Iron Man animated series for like 70% of episodes. I was very excited to see a mysterious powerful man fighting Iron Man. But nooooo, they f**king ruined everything. Imagine some butchering Joker like this? Showing that he is just a henchman and acting as cover for Black mask or someone. It is terrible. No idea how Marvel passed the idea. This CLEARLY shows and proves that these movies are just fillers for Avengers and they dont have plans to develop Iron Man more.

I have 0 problems with other part of movie btw. I am all for changing story lines to make it more accessible and sensible to cover in 2 hrs or so. But come on, you cant f**k up characters like that. I mean Nolan had specific sequences referring to actual Batman comics scenes, and this movie is just opposite.

With all due respect, it is very difficult to make mendrain in the context of the movie. US and China are not that big enemies now as they were. Making the menderain like in comics would be totally out of context today.