The Travel Thread

MAK

Thanks, for the compliments Mate, Try to help as much as possible, it's the only thing that brings Joy in life, besides good cars :)

Btw, how's the trip plan going?

Zelda, is there something travel related that you dont know? :fear:

Mods should give u the custom title "The Globe Trotter"

Thanks, for the compliments Mate, Try to help as much as possible, it's the only thing that brings Joy in life, besides good cars :)

Btw, how's the trip plan going?

Would most likely appy next week or the after, how many days does it take for the visa after the interview process goes ok?

Mate,

You are planning in November right? Don't Apply before 1st Week September, You get the Visa next day itself depending on the location.

Would most likely appy next week or the after, how many days does it take for the visa after the interview process goes ok?

Thanks a lot for the kind words, So I assume I can bank on at least 4 of your Votes for me as PM in 26 years? :)

And Megzworld, When are you traveling? That place is heaven.

Mods should give u the custom title "The Globe Trotter"

I second the motion to give BZ a custom title.. Only if he now had a similar expertise in GN and Comics, he would be my Man crush :|

call him Mercedes, the topmost model :P

Babyzelda " Monsieur Niceness"

It really was. I'm not too fond of overcrowded and commercialized places. Thankfully this place was none of that. There were hardly 2-3 shops and mostly locals lived there. But awesome trekking spots, waterfalls and other scenic spots all around. We stayed there for a week and explored the place to our heart's content. Went to mussoorie for just a day (only for the food and in the hope of meeting ruskin bond :P ).

Musoorie is famous for its food? eh? what? This is the first time am hearing something like that? I mean the food's good but it doesnt have any local ethnic cuisine.

It is a very good and peaceful place (as is the whole of uttarakhand) but it has been heavily commercialized, and not in the bearable way at that, like Darjeeling for example is equally if not more crowded but still retains its uniqueness and culture. Still if you can go beyond the main town it is quite picturesque, specially the area near the Academy.

I agree with your thoughts regarding off beat places. I have traveled in utk a lot, familial ties is one reason, and have always loved to venture off to non regular place.. though it has been a while since i/we made to higher uncharted mountains.

Oh and did you meet Mr. Bond?

I spent nearly an hour with him 5-6 yrs ago when we visited musoorie.

Edited by Nemo

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys, May be some of you know that my brother is a travel enthusiast, travel documentary film maker and nomad basically. You can help him get his dream job if you please leave your "like" on his video. And if you really like it, please share the word.

http://www.bestjobaroundtheworld.com/submissions/view/13329

You may know more about him from his facebook page, 2lives1bike. Thanks.