Tikona Wireless Login on PS3

LaughingMan777

Tikona is a wireless broadband service using 4G blah blah blah

So the thing with Tikona is you need to login thru their dialer, or web login to start a session. On the PS3 browser, this usually throws up an error (if you go to login.tikona.in)

So to over come that I had to change my laptop's ethernet card MAC address to mirror PS3, login thru the laptop, unplug the cable and enable internet on PS3. Which was a pain.

Guess what, turns out, if you goto login.tikona.in on the PS3 browser, and after getting the error page, just press start, and delete the address portion till the address ends with "login.do", it throws up the login page :rofl:

Maybe its http://login.tikona.in/login.do but if its not, just follow the above method.

And dont bash me if I'm the last one to have figured this out...

Good find LED... btw how is online gaming working out for you with tikona? I might have to shift in a couple of months to a place which has tikona but no airtel..

Edit: btw you can also do one more thing for the login part... you can connect the output of tikona router to your own wi-fi router (take one which can be flashed with a custom firmware), then load a auto-login script into it and you should be set :rofl:

Good find LED... btw how is online gaming working out for you with tikona? I might have to shift in a couple of months to a place which has tikona but no airtel..

Edit: btw you can also do one more thing for the login part... you can connect the output of tikona router to your own wi-fi router (take one which can be flashed with a custom firmware), then load a auto-login script into it and you should be set :unsure:

Thanx.

Tikona is a last resort if you ask me cos I definitely lose connections. Its not often, but enough to be irritating. And lag is terrible. Only MP games which overcome these are Bad Company (barely) and KZ2 (awesome). UC2, Brutal Legend, MW2 are nearly unplayable.

I think Wi-Fi is a bad idea for gaming.

Dont have a router, but with the wireless performance, i'd think twice before adding yet another node into the network.

U movin to gurgaon?

U movin to gurgaon?

no.. bought a house in hyd.. moving there soon.. but its a new society so airtel etc not avlbl there but i can afford to not have internet even for 1 day as my work is too critical these days so need to take something as a stop gap arrangement...

How are the download/upload speeds bro? And which plan are you on?

Do you do PC gaming, how is the ping to Asian servers?

Am on FUL799 plan. Rs 799/m. No rental.

2mbps for first 400B.

599kbps thereafter unlimited.

Speeds are decent. I do reach 60KB/s in torrents. Ping is pretty bad. Always > 180-200ms.

OT:

I dont know about you guys, but my brother was using tikona for some time in mumbai. Most horrendous experience with a ISP we ever had, the net used to be down for more than 20 days in a month and their customer service was down 24*7 , I swear to god, I wont be using Tikona ever again in ma life.

• 5 months later...

Old post, but gotta update.

Tikona sucks big time. Its great when they are launching in your city or flats. Once their user count goes up, its pathetic. Oh you'll get 2Mbps all right. Problem is you'll get disconnected every couple of minutes.

It's hard to watch youtube. Gaming is just impossible.

DO NOT GET TIKONA U WILL CRY ONCE IT GOES DOWN.

Yes this needed to be written in caps, if it's running fine then all good but once it goes down it will stay down, no matter how many times you call the customer care it will take a minimum of 1-2 weeks before the issue is solved.

I am in Hyderabad and I was using Beam Cable. The service was good but in between I shifted my house and then the service went bad. That time I just almost ended up buying Tikona but thank god they did not replied to my query :bigyellowgrin: else I would have been crying right now. M happy with Beam Cable though. Not great but does its job decently. From anyone who is using Tikona I have heard bad reviews. This disconnection problem seems universal. One of my colleague is facing the same issue.

Tikona ----> :sign_banhim:

• 1 year later...

Thanks a lot nukiller ... I emulated my Xbox 360s MAC on my laptop's NIC, logged into tikona using the laptop and connected the ethernet cable to xbox after removing it from lappy.

Was able to connect to xbox live for the first time.

:)

• 1 month later...
Hey dude have an also same problems occurs, i need more suggestion on this technical problems.

My suggestion occurs on the advice, an techical resolved problem done by there search.

• 1 month later...

Tikona is a wireless broadband service using 4G blah blah blah

So the thing with Tikona is you need to login thru their dialer, or web login to start a session. On the PS3 browser, this usually throws up an error (if you go to login.tikona.in)

So to over come that I had to change my laptop's ethernet card MAC address to mirror PS3, login thru the laptop, unplug the cable and enable internet on PS3. Which was a pain.

Guess what, turns out, if you goto login.tikona.in on the PS3 browser, and after getting the error page, just press start, and delete the address portion till the address ends with "login.do", it throws up the login page :rofl:

Maybe its http://login.tikona.in/login.do but if its not, just follow the above method.

And dont bash me if I'm the last one to have figured this out...

Thanks nukiller

Even i have tikona and i was facing the issue of not being able to connect to net on ps3. Ur first option of changing mac address worked

Since i m newbie at ps3 and also dont know much about technology, kindly help me with this query - After changing mac address, can i safely continue to use net on both laptop and ps3, without doing any other modification

Thanks

tikona runs fine on ma ps3 but sumtym's face i just get lost connection to the server of game while playing online

Which router do u have - ur own or one provided by tikona? I have one which is provided by tikona (white color u shaped device)

There are always chances of connection being lost if one connects thru wifi. Do a wired connection, the probability of connection drop will be very less

Prior to doing this setting of MAC address, internet was not working on my PS3

Update - i reverted back settings on my laptop, basically removed the mac address which i changed on my laptop and still internet is working on PS3. Probably my PS3 MAC address has got registered with tikona

Hope this setting continues to work fine

Archived