Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

So, if Salman Khan romances katrina or Rajnikant romances aishwarya its fine but if SRK does that, its not? grow up guys! I am not SRK fan but you guys are making this thread (which is the best thread of IVG) worse every day. Yeah, I get it you all hate SRK, but talking about him only makes only him more famous. There are like 1000 better topics to discuss besides you'll have plenty of time for this once it release. Let it release first FFS and then discuss

Saw Looper. Good film. Not quite a flatout mindbender but still fun to watch.

The opening and (especially) the middle part really set it up to be something fantastic but the ending feels a bit of a letdown. Its not bad by any means but it doesnt quite match up to the way it presents itself in the first 2/3s.

Edited by Aftrunner

So, if Salman Khan romances katrina or Rajnikant romances aishwarya its fine but if SRK does that, its not? grow up guys! I am not SRK fan but you guys are making this thread (which is the best thread of IVG) worse every day. Yeah, I get it you all hate SRK, but talking about him only makes only him more famous. There are like 1000 better topics to discuss besides you'll have plenty of time for this once it release. Let it release first FFS and then discuss

learn to take a joke as a joke.

Thought the same.

7/10 to the max.

Yeah 7/10 sounds about right.

Although I will say this, the

part where the first looper starts loosing his fingers, hands, feet etc.

was possibly the most disturbing bit I have seen in a film this year. Very unsettling.

^^LOOPER SPOILER. DONT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU HAVENT SEEN IT!

Tumhara pet kyon dukh raha hai :D

Diarrhoea-in-children.jpg

was possibly the most disturbing bit I have seen in a film this year. Very unsettling.

Yeah, but that's the part I had a problem with plot-wise

If there's only one timeline and what changes in the past affects the future, then the guy should've disappeared as soon as his legs/arms were gone. How was he still able to drive a car (which he did in the past) without his legs and get to the point where he suddenly loses them. I know I'm overthinking it but there is a lack of consistency in the movie's time travel logic.

And

Where he shoots the kid. Damn. :\ They should have made them atleast 16+

Salman Khan movies are usually B Grade entertainers....there is nothing to look foward to his movies than just normal time paas....Rajnikanth is also on another level...I mean people dont go to see his movie with expectation of serious love story..... but in SRK's case they do....He is known to be the best romantic hero ever atleast in our generation now when he making a love story with girls looking much younger to him ...it just does not seem to fit anymore the way use too during DDLJ days....Dont get me wrong. I am not hating SRK...i am just giving my opinion.

I liked 'The Town' , but gone baby gone felt too artsy, couldn't watch it beyond the first 30 mins ....

In other news, saw Prometheus - loved every bit of it. Slightly disappointed that the movie was open ended for a sequel and left many questions unanswered. But still - very engrossing movie. One question though :

why does david kill charlie by mixing his drink with that thing ? Was this ever clarified in the movie ?

Edited by Ne0