Counter-strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO)

Karooo

haha de_dust or de_dust2... which was the map where the terrorist snipers cud snipe the counter-terrorsits as they made their way thru the quarter open door....

man i loved doing that.... :devil:

any1 pops their head around that door n bam headshot... :rofl:

loved doing this :devil:

man i loved doing that.... but i also loved running around the map knifing ppl in the back... :devil:

loved doing this :devil:

And I used to sit behind my PC screen and shout "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" :ranting:

I too remember camping behind the doors where i used to run immediately after the buy menu went off in Aztec map... any head pops out, & its splattered in a jiffy...kabooom!!! ENEMY DOWN...BOMB IS ON THE GROUND...HOLD THIS POSITION....a desperate last attempt by the atankvadis to pick up the bomb & rapid bullet pumping in their heads in the last minute!!!

Counter terrorists win...FTW CT :wOOtjumpy:

De_dust & de_dust 2 were also among the best maps..

Yeah magnum hai. La@!u.dushmaanon ki maa c@$! deta hai :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

footage

http://n4g.com/news/831610/counter-strike-global-offensive-gameplay/com

csg02.jpg

An Hour with Counter-Strike: GO

I've played Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and can now say it's for me, too.

On the eve of the public debut of its newest game, Valve Software let me into their ever-expanding offices in Bellevue, Washington to give me a sampling of four classic Counter-Strike maps as they've been remade for 2012's Counter-Strike: GO.

This was, I dare admit, the first time I've ever played Counter-Strike.

Forget my shame, and let me tell you how terrific an experience it was. There is a lot to this game that will be interesting to veterans and newcomers.

Even I knew before I put my hand to mouse and keyboard in a Valve testing lab today that Counter-Strike is a classic team-based first-person shooter. One side plays terrorists; one are counter-terrorists. The most popular mode and the one I played today is Bomb/Defuse. One of five terrorist players randomly gets the bomb and can place it; any of the five counter-terrorists can try to defuse it. The match ends when one team is wiped out or the bomb goes off.

CS: GO will launch with five maps for Bomb/Defuse mode, and two for the other classic franchise mode, Hostage Rescue. Those combined seven maps are all based on classic Counter-Strike 1.6 and CS: Source maps, in other words, maps from the two most popular earlier incarnations of the game.

The maps will be recognizable to series fans. Valve's designers have kept the best of them nearly intact, applying a graphical upgrade but leaving most of the level layout intact. The classic Dust 2, for example, looks improved but plays the same.

Another map, Nuke, has had some of its dead space removed, Valve's project lead on CS: GO, Ido Magal, told me. Areas where players would get lost have been tightened. The classic map Aztec has been altered to give terrorist players more cover and quicker paths to bomb placement areas. Dust has had a "sniper alley" fixed so that players can now run through a trench in that map while trusting that some bridges that span it and other obstructions will give them some cover.

read more @Kotaku

Mouse and keyboard support on PS3. Also, Move. PS3 + PC play is talked about, no real mention of 360.

New weapons are: Decoy Grenade, Molotov, IMI Negev, Taser, Tec-9, Mag-7, Sawed-Off and PP-Bizon.

Maps are dust, dust 2, aztec, nuke, inferno, italy and office.

Ooh Valve.

CS: GO will launch with five maps for Bomb/Defuse mode, and two for the other classic franchise mode, Hostage Rescue. Those combined seven maps are all based on classic Counter-Strike 1.6 and CS: Source maps, in other words, maps from the two most popular earlier incarnations of the game.

I dont get this. Whats the point of making a new MP game when all the maps are from the old games? And the game is still running the same engine.

I know they are trying to push CS on consoles (which is still a LOLworthy idea BTW and destined to find a small community at best) but it would have been simpler just to port CS Source with some minor changes and sell that.