playstation

nMsy5.jpg

Developer: Codemasters

Publisher: Codemasters

System: PC, X360, PS3, PSP2

Genre: Racing

Release Date: Sept 23, 2011

Description

Codemasters has just announced that F1 2011, a sequel to the BAFTA awarding-winning F1 2010 is gearing up for release this September. The game will get is usual release on the PlayStation 3 but will also be receiving a version for the NGP that is said to take advantage of the unique capabilities of the handheld. A specific date for the NGP version will be announced at a later time.

F1 2011 will feature all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship. Along with the release date, Codemasters has released a trailer asking you the gamers to submit a question about the game via a Youtube video. Doing this will enter you for a chance to travel to Codemasters Birmingham in May to get hands on with the game and star in future development diary videos.

Check out the video below and for full terms and conditions, check out the official facebook page.

Video

Announcement

• 2 months later...

Yes, because the first game wasn't anal enough about track limits and consequent penalties.

You know, I used to zip in front of the AI and just brake suddenly in the straights, the AI would crash into my indestructible rear and retire from the race :rofl:

The AI would crash into ME and I'd be deemed an unsafe driver. Plus that guy on the team radio..dammit he's the sound of the "problem" troll guy.

Edit if KERS/DRS don't make it no buy. Don't suck Cody.

I expected nothing less from the visuals department.....Good news is very less amount of piss filter :P

Rocquelin? Dude, he ain't jobless. They were aiming for Smedley but since that did not transpire (duh), they went ahead with a run of the mill VO artist.

If they do not fix the POS pitlane AI, it will be a no buy from me.

You ruined it :rant:

But, yeah, if I ever get to run over the lollipop dude, I do it at 300! :P

And also, when you request for the pits, the race engineer never tells the gap you need to pull out to maintain your position. That was a major PITA for me. I just went into the pits like a girl lost in the woods, only to end up 4 or 5 places behind, having to work for positions all over again <_<

Handling improvements

Improved Handling and suspension model

Improved feel of mechanical grip

General realism additions

Revamped Pit Stops

2011 Rules (Including KERS & DRS)

Mechanical Failures

Better damage model

Live the life, be the driver

New Press Feedback System (including e-mail etc)

A revamped interview system for career mode

Improved race engineer

Graphics

Dynamic Cloud System

Oscillating Bodywork

Improved circuit fidelity

Better garage visuals

Night and Day transition

Parc Fermé with animations

Trackside marshals with flags

Multiplayer features - Go Compete!

Co-op Career

Split screen

Other

2 New Tracks (Nurburgring and India)

New game mode

"online play now supports a full grid of 24 cars. The game can only support 16 players, however, so the remaining eight cars will be driven by AI drivers."

This info has been taken from codemasters community site.

I will be happy if they can get the core racing aspect well this time. A Lotus car beating the likes of Redbull shouldn't happen on Legendary difficulty. Overtaking was a joke and the AI was one of the worst I have seen in a racing game.

i would be more than happy if they get the thrill and sense of speed of an F1 car right this time.I really didnt feel when playing F12010 that F1 cars are fast or is an absolute thrill to drive.But drove f12010 in GT5 and that is what u call thrill and chilling speed.GT5 nailed it hope f12011 can learn something.

Archived