The Android Thread

pArth

ok here we go with the links for Google replacing Windows 7 with Mac:

http://www.cultofmac.com/45167/google-replacing-windows-7-campus-computers-with-macs/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/01/google-bans-microsoft-win_n_595783.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/henry-blodget-google-dumping-microsoft-windows-company-wide-blames-windows-for-china-hacking-attack-2010-5

there are many more such links

Employees were at first given a choice for Linus or OS X but I distinctly remember reading in Engadget that finally all of them were replaced with OSX.

I will find that article as well, just wait :P

PS: when I was doing RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer) my instructor told me a thing that has turned out to be very true in the long run, he said - If you want a sever get Linux/Unix, if you want a everyday computer/laptop get a Mac but if you want to play a game get a windows computer, that is all it does and is good at.

and the new Mac Pro was announced only this WWDC, it will come later this year , and stop getting spoon fed. Search the internet :P

and the new Mac Pro was announced only this WWDC, it will come later this year , and stop getting spoon fed. Search the internet :P

I wish I could write these lines up on the PC Thread every time someone asks me something. Maybe if you ask me someday for that help, I would use this smart a*s response. -_-

PS: when I was doing RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer) my instructor told me a thing that has turned out to be very true in the long run, he said - If you want a sever get Linux/Unix, if you want a everyday computer/laptop get a Mac but if you want to play a game get a windows computer, that is all it does and is good at.

Your instructor lives on a different world, a very rich and compartmentalised one at that.

Edited by ALPHA17

no, he is very knowledgable and knows what is best for what, people need not buy a Ubuntu machine and complain they have no games, this is what he meant.

Similarly using Windows for a server is well, retarded.

and on the PC thread part, people ask for technical advise, all you are asking me for is links and proofs, there is a difference, if you can understand.

Again, I really do not get paid by Apple or anything, but I simply cannot tolerate people writing good stuff off because they just do not know enough about it. There is a reason that there is a very famous saying - "Once you go Mac you never go back"

I have worked all my life on windows, and probably will for a living, but that does not take away that fact that it is a shitty OS. Nothing can change that and I will not turn a blind eye to it.

Aman: lol

sorry avkash, but your instructor was wrong. I'd again reiterate that it is extremely subjective.

example:

1. I detest anything that is not linux for my everyday use computer. I just feel lost and everything is so labored when I'm not on linux.

2. My work has me developing on windows all day long.

Now, above doesn't mean that it is true for everyone. But that situations that you are describing are not facts. I wouldn't take anything that an instructor for these certifications says anyways. Most of those folks are instructors because they couldn't get a better job.

sorry avkash, but your instructor was wrong. I'd again reiterate that it is extremely subjective.

example:

1. I detest anything that is not linux for my everyday use computer. I just feel lost and everything is so labored when I'm not on linux.

2. My work has me developing on windows all day long.

Now, above doesn't mean that it is true for everyone. But that situations that you are describing are not facts. I wouldn't take anything that an instructor for these certifications says anyways. Most of those folks are instructors because they couldn't get a better job.

Low Blow Bro..

lol, no he wanted to be in his hometown so he turned down many offers :P

secondly you are in a different league of course

I mean in general OS X is much smoother than Windows for the same config, you gotta agree to that, no matte what.

It may or may not be best for you, but in general it runs better/smoother on same hardware and is more stable,

Again whether or not it is an OS for you is a different thing altogether.

Edited by avkash

no, he is very knowledgable and knows what is best for what, people need not buy a Ubuntu machine and complain they have no games, this is what he meant.

Similarly using Windows for a server is well, retarded.

and on the PC thread part, people ask for technical advise, all you are asking me for is links and proofs, there is a difference, if you can understand.

People buy a Ubuntu machine and pay more for games (Humble Bundles). And now STEAM is there as well. Although the catalogue ain't as wide as on PC, saying there are no gamers over there is stretching it.

Look, my point was I like to make sure that people get the point across, if you are stating something I would appreciate you back it up, I do it, as far as I can because it makes it easier for folks to navigate. Whether it is the PC Thread, a game thread, general chatter, I do it as an act of good will. If you can share something it won't make you servile or the link 'spoon feeding'.

Again, I really do not get paid by Apple or anything, but I simply cannot tolerate people writing good stuff off because they just do not know enough about it. There is a reason that there is a very famous saying - "Once you go Mac you never go back"

I know enough about Apple that I cannot enjoy working with them, to get them to work with established standards like USB is a pain, they want to shove their own proprietary methods everywhere and that is something genuinely terrifying.

Same can be said about Windows8 currently. The Windows Store (or whatever they call it) is an attempt to wall of everyone from getting applications from anyone, basically pay a cut to MicroSoft, else, take a hike. That system is not right, at-least not for desktop in my opinion.

I have seen Mac's, used them and walked away, sure the screen is the best on offer and their hardware is really optimised but what save that. What more, is there something my Windows7 PC cannot do that a Mac can, I don't think so. Plus I like upgrading or tweaking my hardware, more fans, less fans, jugaad dust filters, anything, everything is game for me. Mac's don't give me that feeling of ownership no matter how they cut the aluminium block.

I have worked all my life on windows, and probably will for a living, but that does not take away that fact that it is a shitty OS. Nothing can change that and I will not turn a blind eye to it.

And I have never mentioned anything denigrating about Mac / Mac OS. It is their attitude, there utter disregard for anything that does not want to follow in their wake that turns me away.

I have to agree to disagree on this point with you, why argue more, lets part on a friendly note. Cheers!

Edited by ALPHA17
  • Like 2

I am not arguing man. Just did not like seeing your angry rants about apple all the time. Not that they pay me but I thought that some of the hate is not even provoked.

I am a firm believer that one should just ignore what he does not like. Don't like don't buy. Simple.

Nothing personal at all :cheers:

I am not arguing man. Just did not like seeing your angry rants about apple all the time.

Nothing personal at all :cheers:

I am not hating on them, Sire. Tend to avoid that word because it means a complete lack of understanding from your side on a point / objective / situation.

Just stating what I feel. :good:

from an everyday user's point of view, mac os is any day better than windows. I have a mac pro that runs OS 10.7 and a HP laptop with windows 7, ie both with 2nd latest os of their respective companies. The hp laptop is more powerful than mac, specific details aside, it can play Max payne 3 while mac cannot, maybe cause mac i have doesnt have a dedicated graphics card, but both are late 2011-early2012 make.

Mac runs faster and smoother than the HP. It boots up faster, loads stuff up faster and gives less (almost none) annoying updates than the win7.

I (and the hp user in my family) use the laptops for basic day to day work, internet, documents, videos, music and photo uploads. No heavy stuff. Dont know how many babies have been sacrificed (allegedly) in making of Jobs' dream but it sure as hell delivers. I am firmly in the "once you go Mac you dont go back" faction. Phone choice is flip flop as lack of bluetooth and general compatibility with other phones and PCs in iphone makes it a difficult choice for a portable pocket gadget over android, but for laptop macbook is where i feel most at home.

My iPad 4 and HTC One get even hotter.

But is this worrying, i heard a news of SGS3 inflaming while the user was asleep, and the phone was not even kept charging, it was just on standby, i being a symbian user am really afraid to upgrade to android or any new smartphones these days considering the horror stories i read these days, just today read that a iphone5 user got electrocuted as she picked up a call while the phone was charging :scared:

But is this worrying, i heard a news of SGS3 inflaming while the user was asleep, and the phone was not even kept charging, it was just on standby, i being a symbian user am really afraid to upgrade to android or any new smartphones these days considering the horror stories i read these days, just today read that a iphone5 user got electrocuted as she picked up a call while the phone was charging :scared:

50 degree is normal. Nothing to worry.

My cell goes till 60 when playing heavy games.

And don't worry, those are one in a million case (if it's true).

50 degree is normal. Nothing to worry.

My cell goes till 60 when playing heavy games.

And don't worry, those are one in a million case (if it's true).

Well this was the article

http://kotaku.com/apple-investigating-alleged-iphone-5-electrocution-deat-785121254