Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Saw the hobbit in 3d. Amazing... I really enjoyed it and i am very excited...i think i will see it once more.

I agree on the pacing part though bit inconsistent.....yet no doubt a great movie...i just love Peter Jackson movies...LOTR,King Kong...i have loved them all. He is one of my Fav Directors ever.

Really amazing movie...guys go for it. You will love it. 3d is also brilliant.

Btw guys, i checked Life of pi had this note that said it is recorder in Flat and you will not see it in full theatre view...what is that suppose to mean?? like it will be half the size of the cinema screen.

I am not sure if i should care to see it then...is that kinda of frame everywhere of just the cinema hall i went to??

Btw guys, i checked Life of pi had this note that said it is recorder in Flat and you will not see it in full theatre view...what is that suppose to mean?? like it will be half the size of the cinema screen.

What? I saw it on an IMAX screen, and it full screen all the way, except for about 5 minutes where it became 4:3 resolution.

Sigh.. got a free day, went for Hobbit, bored as f**k. Loved the details, the imagination, the little fun moments. but the predictability of the plot was so goddamn exhausting. 3D was useless, gave me migraine. f**kers didn't even gave an interval. There were like 6-7 ppl in audi.

Saw Hobbit. It was just okay. I tried going in not expecting too much, but still ended up disappointed.

It would've been awful if it was a stand-alone movie. They used that Shire music wayyy too much. It was great at first, but every other time the camera is on Bilbo they use it.

My other issue with the movie is that .. They build up this villain throughout the movie and in the end they have a showdown but instead of killing the guy, THEY RUN AWAY.

Probably the pitfalls of trying to adapt one book into 3 movies. You end up with pacing issues and an anti-climax at the end.

None of the characters were as interesting as the ones in LOTR.

Loved the scene between Gollum and Bilbo. Fav part of the movie for me.

So i heard that anurag kashyap was shooting for a film at some dance bar near my place when the local gundas/ politico chamcas asked for a hafta or they'll disrupt the shoot. He apparently paid them 1.5 lakhs and sweet talked them and got their names and stuff and lodged an official complaint with the police commissioner next day. They were rounded and locked up yesterday.

Pretty awesome guy i must say. :lol:

• Like 1

So i heard that anurag kashyap was shooting for a film at some dance bar near my place when the local gundas/ politico chamcas asked for a hafta or they'll disrupt the shoot. He apparently paid them 1.5 lakhs and sweet talked them and got their names and stuff and lodged an official complaint with the police commissioner next day. They were rounded and locked up yesterday.

Pretty awesome guy i must say. laughing.gif

Try doing that yourself, and police will file a case against you for going into a dance bar.

Saw Hobbit. It was just okay. I tried going in not expecting too much, but still ended up disappointed.

It would've been awful if it was a stand-alone movie. They used that Shire music wayyy too much. It was great at first, but every other time the camera is on Bilbo they use it.

My other issue with the movie is that .. They build up this villain throughout the movie and in the end they have a showdown but instead of killing the guy, THEY RUN AWAY.

Probably the pitfalls of trying to adapt one book into 3 movies. You end up with pacing issues and an anti-climax at the end.

None of the characters were as interesting as the ones in LOTR.

Loved the scene between Gollum and Bilbo. Fav part of the movie for me.

+1. very well done.

Pretty awesome guy i must say. :lol:/>

Sach mein awesome hai.... :hi2: